PDA

View Full Version : Pats 2010-2011 Season Outlook

whlking
09-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Desperate times call for desperate measures. This team is need of a serious re-tool in order for this club to be competitive in the future.

First order of business is to rectify/clarify the goaltending situation. Personally, what I would like to see the Pats do is name Dawson Guhle the starter right from the get go, unless it is clear to them that Hewitt is the better of the two year eighteen year olds, therefore they would go with Hewitt. What I am basically getting at is I would like to see the Pats name an eighteen year old goalie the starter, not a nineteen year old goalie Ketlo. I would suggest they name Guhle starter, with Hewitt being the other goaltender. I wouldn't even mind allowing them giving Beukeboom the back-up reigns. Two schools of thoughts, you either keep Hewitt here to give Guhle steady competition throughout, or bring in Beukeboom, meanwhile assuring Guhle we'll stick with him through the good and bad times. Ketlo has to go! I will be thoroughly disappointed if they WASTE the year having Ketlo start/split time. Ketlo was given the chance last year and showed he is NOT a WHL calibre goaltender.

Now to the defence. I believe this is where the team could use one of it's twenty year old openings. A name that comes to mind that would be a great fit would be Travis Bobbee. I'm not neccessarily sure if Swift would make him available or not, however he would look great in the top 5. The reason I feel it is important to bring a 20/19 year old defenceman is because I feel that the likes of Pavkovich and Peel could use another year of Midget AAA. The majority of teams in thd dub will be all over the Pats this year and we'll be spending 80% of the game in our own end, not really teaching the youngens the offensive/transitional part of the game. I do wonder however if the Niemi was sent back to the Blades, if the Blades would consider swapping imports with us, by reacquiring Gustaffson in exchange for Niemi. This would shore up the Blades 20 situation and help their offense productivity.

I won't go on a long tangent about the forwards other thent to say trade Weal.He by FAR is the most intriguing trade Asset in the dub. The patties could get an goliath return for him. I've read a couple of posters comments about possible scoring problems in Calgary this year. Would Weal not be just what the doctor ordered in cow town. The expected return I would hope for would be 2011 1st,2012 first, 16 year old forward Chase Clayton, and any mid level prospect that Calgary would have to offer, preferably a dman. Heck, we'll even throw in Sparrow if you like. Does this sound enticing to Calgary? Anyways, I feel it's paramount that Lang makes this deal sooner rather then later as the earlier you put him on the block, the more you'll get back. On a clearly rebuilding squad, a trade like this could do wonders for the years to come.

That's it.

Yours truly,

Concerned Pat fan.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Though the concern is noted, youll get the same answer here as on the white board. Wait until the team comes back before you talk about trading them, especially Weal.

lostsheep
09-22-2010, 10:15 AM
very unlikely Niemi would be back but i would go for your idea. Gusstafson (sp) wasnt given a good deal by the blades IMO. Not Lornes fault there were a few unexpected returns too. Our defense is secure and dont need the extra 20yr old. Points on the board will be a concern hamphus would help that.:bounce:
________
OUTDOOR BLONDE (http://www.****tube.com/categories/796/blonde/videos/1)

lostsheep
09-22-2010, 10:17 AM
oops i forgot we have 2 imports in camp already and possibly 3 if the statsny thing works out. My bad but i may have to decline your offer;)
________
Star motorcycles (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Star_Motorcycles)

west coast
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
i am glad that chad lang is the gm and not whlking.The goaltending duo of Ketlo and Guhle is sufficient.Hewitt is not a WHL goalie,he may play a few games but he is not a starter or back up in this league.The defence looks okay,there may be some assets to trade off here especially the older dmen might fetch a prospect or two.The forwards need more size,no player is untradeable even Weal.The good news is that all teams are equal in the standings right now.Let the season begin!!

west coast
09-22-2010, 06:27 PM
what would it take to get Ian Curtis out of Portland , or Brandon Glover from Moose Jaw,it seems Glover has left the Warriors.

patsdude114
09-22-2010, 11:27 PM
well i must say im sure glad whlking is not the pats GM some crazy talk forsure & today Travis Bobbee was traded to Seattle which is not a big loss & definately wouldnt of been a great improvement on the Pats blueline