PDA

View Full Version : Over-agers

sbtatter
09-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Schneider hurt again, man, that guy must be made of glass. Too bad, because he would have been a good influence on the younger D, but how can you keep him around when he gets hurt so much?

brandonboy
09-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Schneider hurt again, man, that guy must be made of glass. Too bad, because he would have been a good influence on the younger D, but how can you keep him around when he gets hurt so much?

So now if your KM what do you do? Say he goes with the the two younger goalies does he trade away Bestland so he can get something in return as Schneider is hurt again and cant see many teams being interested. Or drop Schneider and keep Bestland so you have an experianced d-man to start the season!

On a side note what can we get in return for any of our OA's I know we wouldn't get much more than a bag of pucks and some old equipment for Hayes but what about the rest?

Trevor
09-23-2010, 09:52 PM
I would figure each goalie can bring a mid to late round pick. Then you have to do something with one of Bestland or Schneider, assuming Weibe and Toews are both locks.

I think Schneider has more offense to his game than Bestland. He seems like he could be a good guy to have on the powerplay, and with the departure of Robak someone needs to fill his shoes. A lot of the time I find he goes unnoticed during the game, not making many outstanding plays or glaring mistakes. The big knock on him as most people know is that he's fragile.

Bestland plays a grittier, more in your face style game than Schneider. He's not afraid to mix things up out there or to drop the gloves. Plus he's a real sparkplug out there, which can be a real risk reward situation some times. If he goes for the big hit and misses that results in odd man rushes more often than not. But when he lands one it can be a real momentum changer. The catch is that Bestland and Miller play a similar style game, and KM needs to determine if he's willing to use his 3rd over ager to have both of them playing the same style of game.

Brandonite
09-24-2010, 05:59 AM
This is nothing new at all for Mark Schneider! Its rediculous how often this kid is injured. When he played in Kamloops, he was constantly hurt which is why he only played 34 games as a 17 year old rookie. When he got traded to Brandon, he ended up playing a total of 38 games with Brandon & Kamloops. Last year he played 60, and Im shocked he because it sure seemed like he was never in the lineup. Take a guy thats going to actually play and suck it up once in a while. Not calling out Schneider or anything but wow...Wheat Kings version of Jesse Lumsden