PDA

View Full Version : WHL Live

Boltz9
09-24-2010, 12:58 AM
If anybody watches games tonight with this service, they should post their review of the new program here. I'm thinking about getting the away game pack and would like to know what the quality is like compared to last year. They also mentioned something about HD support, would also like to know what this entails.

reims
09-24-2010, 08:34 AM
me too becuase last year with insync it was very hit and miss and most of the time not worth it!

dagley
09-24-2010, 09:04 AM
If anybody watches games tonight with this service, they should post their review of the new program here. I'm thinking about getting the away game pack and would like to know what the quality is like compared to last year. They also mentioned something about HD support, would also like to know what this entails.

If HD is involved I suspect I will be over at your place lots this year. lol.

Boltz9
09-24-2010, 10:29 AM
If HD is involved I suspect I will be over at your place lots this year. lol.

Agreed, it will be hooked up to my TV for sure. But ya as reims said, last year it was hit and miss and there were lots of problems. If it's going to be like that again this year I will likely stay away from the packages and just buy random games.

Joe Hallenback
09-24-2010, 12:16 PM
I will be watching it tonight. If it looks real good I will be ordering the team package for the wheaties and streaming it to my TV

Joe Hallenback
09-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Well so far not so good. No sound for me. Can't get it to work in Firefox or IE. Sent an email to support no response as of yet.

The picture is fine and it is not High Quality picture. Good enough for the PC but not for a TV

WestLEAFfan
09-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Well so far not so good. No sound for me. Can't get it to work in Firefox or IE. Sent an email to support no response as of yet.

The picture is fine and it is not High Quality picture. Good enough for the PC but not for a TV

Working fine for me on Firefox. Pic is not the greatest quality, but at least it isn't cutting out continually like last year.

WorkHorse
09-24-2010, 08:30 PM
No sound for me either. I will try to correct for Sunday. For now I have sync'd Radio to video so all is good. Quality is better than last year for sure, just need sound.

chalk_one_up
09-24-2010, 08:34 PM
What a joke the WHL website is. Boy is it tough getting adequate scoring updates.

WestLEAFfan
09-25-2010, 02:57 AM
I'd give the WHL Live feed a score of 6 out of 10. During much of the second period I could not see the lines on the ice, nor the puck due to the ice being extremely white and the feed stalled a few times during the third. I'll probably try it a few more times throughout the season.

reims
09-25-2010, 09:10 AM
sounds no better then last year...i wish they could get this right for once...what a let down...maybe its the same company under a different name?

dagley
09-25-2010, 11:31 AM
sounds no better then last year...i wish they could get this right for once...what a let down...maybe its the same company under a different name?

Everything seems to be a let down, the website is still a piece of crap too.

scrawny69
09-25-2010, 05:30 PM
I watched the Lethbridge-Calgary game....looked the same as last year to me picture and quality wise....watched the whole game without any "technical" issues wich is a BIG change from last year!! Will give it a couple more try's before purchasing Away package!:hmmm:

WestLEAFfan
09-25-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm giving it another whirl tonight...Raider vs Blades :confused:

Joe Hallenback
09-26-2010, 12:20 AM
If you are not getting sound on your broadcasts I figured it out for me and probably for a lot of people

If you have a soundblaster sound card go to your soundblaster speaker settings and change the speakers from 5.1 to 2/2.1 and bingo it will work

WorkHorse
09-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Interesting, last night was watching Oil Kings vs Red Deer. Game was correct, with good sound, etc. but chat screen on right was a chat from an OHL game. Little confusing there for a bit. LOL

Allin44
09-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Interesting, last night was watching Oil Kings vs Red Deer. Game was correct, with good sound, etc. but chat screen on right was a chat from an OHL game. Little confusing there for a bit. LOL

And the same today.. weird

Allin44
09-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Regina radio guys don't realize they are still live on the video even when they go to commercial on the radio.

WestLEAFfan
09-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Decent quality feed last night for me with the Raider vs Blade game.

Boltz9
09-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Regina radio guys don't realize they are still live on the video even when they go to commercial on the radio.

Did they say anything bad during commercials?

leoleo3535
10-12-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't know if it is the provider or the computer but I have watched several games per night since the start of the season and have had zero sound or video isses.
Works great for me.

EdsStuff
10-13-2010, 06:44 PM
:burningmad:I had the misfortune of ordering the $89.00 away package on WHL Live.
I wanted to apply for the Regina Pats but ended up checking the Brandon Wheat Kings box. That was September 30th and I have since applied for the Regina Pats $89.00 package. Now I await the refund on the Brandon Wheat Kings package I mistakenly ordered. This is the 13 of October. Don.t expect anything quick or even intelligent fron the webmaster.
EdsStuff

:burningmad:

Boltz9
10-13-2010, 07:20 PM
:burningmad:I had the misfortune of ordering the $89.00 away package on WHL Live.
I wanted to apply for the Regina Pats but ended up checking the Brandon Wheat Kings box. That was September 30th and I have since applied for the Regina Pats $89.00 package. Now I await the refund on the Brandon Wheat Kings package I mistakenly ordered. This is the 13 of October. Don.t expect anything quick or even intelligent fron the webmaster.
EdsStuff

Lol, well if you don't get a refund and don't plan on using the Wheaties one, let me know.

EdsStuff
10-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Don't know how I can give you my rights to the Wheaties. Do you?
:confused:

Boltz9
10-14-2010, 07:13 AM
You would just give the username and password I would assume. Even if you do end up getting your refund it would be sweet to be able to watch some away games till then, if your not going to.

dagley
10-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Don't know how I can give you my rights to the Wheaties. Do you?
:confused:

Just become a Wheaties fan.

tenorman85
10-16-2010, 11:20 AM
EdsStuff

We had the same issue down here down in TC. Also still waiting on the refund.

EdsStuff
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM
We had the same issue down here down in TC. Also still waiting on the refund.

They won't be getting my money next year.............

EdsStuff
10-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Just become a Wheaties fan.

The way the Pats are playing right now , a Wheatie fan is not a bad option

Allin44
10-18-2010, 08:17 PM
The way the Pats are playing right now , a Wheatie fan is not a bad option

The way the WKs are playing right now I know what its felt like to be a Pats fan all these years.. :P

EdsStuff
10-21-2010, 01:23 AM
The way the WKs are playing right now I know what its felt like to be a Pats fan all these years.. :P

Yes, we lost again today. But, we did it in a shoot out.
Hey guys and gals I finally have resolution to my problem with Neulion. They have agreed to refund my initial $88.00 plus taxes. I'm back to being a Pat fan. Oh, yes, I do love the Wheaties outfits. They'd be my second choice , win or lose.
Good luck and read the fine print when you sign up for WHL Live.
Ed:clap: