PDA

View Full Version : Drew Wilson Rumor??

WestLEAFfan
09-24-2010, 02:14 PM
I heard today that Drew Wilson is being replaced as Raider play by play announcer by Jack Sander? Is this true? Please tell me it's not! Drew is probably one of the best, if not the best play by play men in the league.

lordstanley
09-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Best play by play i doubt that, but he is good i hope for your sake it aint Jack Sander

chalk_one_up
09-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Jack Sander is a good PA announcer, but I don't think he has any radio experience. In fact, Martin Ring has more..lol.

Speaking of play-by-play guys, it was weird to see Brian Munz on Sportsnet covering the CFL last night. He gained some weight from what I remember. I always enjoyed Brian Munz' voice and knowledge.

WestLEAFfan
09-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Best play by play i doubt that, but he is good i hope for your sake it aint Jack Sander

Me too!

lordstanley
09-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Brian Munz was great, as for Drew Wilson i'm always worried he is gonna lose his voice to early in the season he really does get excited lol

WestLEAFfan
09-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Drew Wilson is a great play by play man, very fair in his assessments of either teams play. His color man at home, Martin Ring is very difficult to listen to as he has the habit of using "ummmms" and "ahhhs" every second or third word. Mr. Ring's hockey and community knowledge is very good though.

Dwight Schrute
09-25-2010, 12:50 AM
I heard today that Drew Wilson is being replaced as Raider play by play announcer by Jack Sander? Is this true? Please tell me it's not! Drew is probably one of the best, if not the best play by play men in the league.

my friend you and i are of a differant opinion on this matter

living in stoon i used to try to watch several webcasts... had to stop cause of drew. he paints a great picture on the radio, unfortunatly it usually differs from reality. i cant begin to count the number of times chipchura cleared a puck into the corner and it was "narrowly missed" and a "near goal"

he was on the radio tonight though

WestLEAFfan
09-25-2010, 02:52 AM
my friend you and i are of a differant opinion on this matter

living in stoon i used to try to watch several webcasts... had to stop cause of drew. he paints a great picture on the radio, unfortunatly it usually differs from reality. i cant begin to count the number of times chipchura cleared a puck into the corner and it was "narrowly missed" and a "near goal"

he was on the radio tonight though

I stand by my opinion on Mr. Wilson. I had the WHL Live feed going tonight and listening to Les Lazaruk was difficult. Had CKBI's feed not been delayed a bit, I'd have much preferred to listen to Drew while watching the game.

Raider Believer
10-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Rumor obviously not true

WestLEAFfan
10-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Rumor obviously not true

Yes, Drew cleared up this rumour on Face-Off a few weeks back. Obviously my "source" was less than accurate...thankfully. ;)

Dwight Schrute
11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
crazy question but, was bruno the coach and drew the play by play guy in trail bc 10 years back ?

chalk_one_up
11-03-2010, 02:23 PM
crazy question but, was bruno the coach and drew the play by play guy in trail bc 10 years back ?

I think Drew did play-by-play for the Trail Smoke Eaters and Bruno was head coach of the Penticton Vees of the BCHL.

Dwight Schrute
11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I think Drew did play-by-play for the Trail Smoke Eaters and Bruno was head coach of the Penticton Vees of the BCHL.

bruno coached trail in 2000-2002
drew started doing raider hockey for the 2004-2005 season the same year bruno started coaching penticton

jnofish1
11-20-2010, 05:01 PM
i see why alot of people don't like his announcing ... man oh man is he every selective of who he talks about and brags up!!!! i get more detail from listening to the opponents announcers!!

Raider Believer
11-20-2010, 05:21 PM
i see why alot of people don't like his announcing ... man oh man is he every selective of who he talks about and brags up!!!! i get more detail from listening to the opponents announcers!!

Never in the history of announcing has one man pandered to another like Drew does for Bruno, and the team accomplished so little. Its almost like Bruno instructs him on who to promote and who to go easy on. A real dog and pony show. Not to mention the joke that is Monday nights interview with his master.
He'll never be mistaken for Danny Gallivan ...... or ooops, sorry westLEAFfan, Foster Hewitt!

WestLEAFfan
11-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Never in the history of announcing has one man pandered to another like Drew does for Bruno, and the team accomplished so little. Its almost like Bruno instructs him on who to promote and who to go easy on. A real dog and pony show. Not to mention the joke that is Monday nights interview with his master.
He'll never be mistaken for Danny Gallivan ...... or ooops, sorry westLEAFfan, Foster Hewitt!

I prefer Joe Bowen...Holy mackinaw, is Drew ever a good announcer! :p

jnofish1
11-20-2010, 05:51 PM

wow that is my exact words to my buddy who is starting to get into watching and listening to pa games" its like he dictates and promotes who the staff want him to" very unprofessional

Dwight Schrute
11-20-2010, 06:44 PM
wow that is my exact words to my buddy who is starting to get into watching and listening to pa games" its like he dictates and promotes who the staff want him to" very unprofessional

its a shame, so far downhill from brian munz its sad. the guy just should not be announcing hockey.