PDA

View Full Version : Randy McNaught Traded to Vancouver.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-25-2010, 12:02 AM
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/artic...d-to-vancouver

The Blades receive a 5th rounder in 2011.

I liked him as a player but I did not see him getting a spot on the Blades with the other players they had.

Discuss.

I like having an extra number of overagers. It means the Blades will have a lot of draft picks.

Backhand
09-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Well done Lorne! Getting the job done re overagers via picks. BTW like the rookies in tonights win vs Raiders.

Trav
09-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Good move, decent pick for an overager that obviously wasn't going to be here.

Tidball
09-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Tough to see him go but im glad he's on another team. He will fit in well with Vancouver and provide some leadership and extreme toughness. Good luck in BC Randy, he is closer to home!

Steveo34
09-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Sure it means the Blades will have alot of draft picks...but in later rounds :/ I'm not a fan of this move, or the Toomey move either

lostsheep
09-25-2010, 07:43 AM
We could have done better than a 5th rounder i would think. I wish he could have stayed and continued to improve his puck skills. i realy liked watching Randy play. Good luck Randy in the future. :burningmad: I know its a numbers game, and he is closer to home. Vancouver has a good coach with Don Hay, and i hope Randy continues on his road to being more than an enforcer.
________
Http://www.vaporizer.org/ (http://vaporizers.net)

lordstanley
09-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Better than a 5th round pick ? it's Randy McNaught for god sakes lol what did you want a 2 first rounders ? lol

sbtatter
09-25-2010, 09:03 AM
5th rounder is good for an overager enforcer. LM did well

RenegadeStylings
09-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Good move.

And more comes into it then getting the highest available value.

First of all, only a few teams have room for a 20 year old, let alone an enforcer 20 year old...so that limits his value.

Second of all, the trade sends Randy close to home and when you are dealing with kids of this age, sometimes you have to take that into consideration. Almost as a reward to them for the hardwork they have given to the franchise.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Yes and the fact that the Blades probably would not want to play against him 3 or more times if he was traded within the eastern conference. Good trade!!

sbtatter
09-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Yes and the fact that the Blades probably would not want to play against him 3 or more times if he was traded within the eastern conference. Good trade!!

Sometimes I think Molleken is similar to McRimmon, better GM than coach