PDA

View Full Version : Blades regular season chat

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

RenegadeStylings
09-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Well, they won their opener 3-2 with a great come from behind win.

The 3 best Blades were Thrower, Stanford and Dziurzynski. Rematch goes tonight from PA :clap:

BigCat20
09-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Agreed......thrower was really good. Darian looks like he will put up alot of points, too bad he didnt go to coyotes camp. The young line of olsen, daae and stovin generated chances. Anyone think Zahn was a 1/2 step behind/slow?

RenegadeStylings
09-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Zahn looked a bit slow, but played his position well despite that. He made a few nice defensive plays shutting guys down.

RenegadeStylings
09-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Some news floating around that Elliott is on his way back from Avs camp. Wonder if he makes it back in time to play tonight.

He had a great game last night against the Dallas Stars. 6 shots on goal.

BladesFan_2010
09-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know why Gogol got a game misconduct last night?

Dwight Schrute
09-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Does anyone know why Gogol got a game misconduct last night?
retarded reffing. courtesy of byblow and vetter

think beaking off might be why. its really sad how far downhill reffing has gotten. it gets worse each year,

RenegadeStylings
09-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah, he got a goalie interference penalty when he was clearly pushed into the goalie. He was arguing and got the heave ho.

Trav
09-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Hope one day Tucker just gets nailed and knocked out by someone, he's such a friggin *****. It was nice seeing his tantrum lol. To bad it wasn't on sportsnet.

BladesFan_2010
09-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah, but that doesn't make much sense to me. Usually when you beak off at the referee, you'll get a 10 minute misconduct. Maybe because there was less than 10 minutes left in the game, he'd come back with 2 minutes left in OT. Maybe they just wanted to get him out of their hair.

I thought that Byblow and Vetter were two of the better referees. How they could not see that Gogol got cross checked into the goalie is beyond me.

Dwight Schrute
09-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Yeah, but that doesn't make much sense to me. Usually when you beak off at the referee, you'll get a 10 minute misconduct. Maybe because there was less than 10 minutes left in the game, he'd come back with 2 minutes left in OT. Maybe they just wanted to get him out of their hair.

I thought that Byblow and Vetter were two of the better referees. How they could not see that Gogol got cross checked into the goalie is beyond me.

well it was hard to see from the top view replay but gogal was bumpin tucker with his rear end (dont know if thats a penalty though)
gogal didnt get bumped very hard but he somehow convienantly bumped tucker with a lot more force then he was hit with. if this becomes a regular occurance with tucker then sure slam him but he doesnt have a reputation or a history of this. gogal on the other hand has a history (remember last years playoffs ?)

saskatoonman
09-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Im friends with Stefan Elliot and one of his friends told me he is back and on Stefan's facebook he posted back in Saskatoon, so Im hoping that he can be back for tonight's game.

Arthur Fonzerelli
09-25-2010, 12:45 PM
gogal didnt get bumped very hard but he somehow convienantly bumped tucker with a lot more force then he was hit with. if this becomes a regular occurance with tucker then sure slam him but he doesnt have a reputation or a history of this. gogal on the other hand has a history (remember last years playoffs ?)

Tucker does have a reputation for embellishing, he also knocks the net off the posts at opportune times and he can easily be gouded into retaliation penalties. He used to wear his mask so that the slightest little bump would knock it off making any contact with him appear a lot worse than it actually was.

Trav
09-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Gogol was clearly pushed in to Tucker, everyone saw it on the replay which was on the whole time but of course the stupid refs didn't wanna look up and see their MISTAKE.

On the earlier interference call behind the net Tucker actually stuck his shoulder out so the Blades player ran in to him. Oh well, one day Tucker will get slammed hard, he deserves it, the actor that he is.

RenegadeStylings
09-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Im friends with Stefan Elliot and one of his friends told me he is back and on Stefan's facebook he posted back in Saskatoon, so Im hoping that he can be back for tonight's game.

Awesome.

Steveo34
09-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Player of the game IMO was Stanford. He made some great saves, made a bunch of them in the first bit of the game and kept the Blades in the game when they were being outshot badly.

BladesFan_2010
09-25-2010, 09:10 PM
The most important question now is....when is Morrison coming back? Once he comes back this 20 year old situation will be figured out. Lorne won't want this to drag on to long.

Mo can't play in the AHL and the Flyers have their two goalies already so it's only a matter of time til he gets back.

Steveo34
09-26-2010, 03:19 AM
Well I've never been a HUGE fan of Mo even though I still am a fan..but Stanford has impressed me ALOT in the first two games of the season so I hope he doesn't lose the starting job..

RenegadeStylings
09-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Yeah Stanford has played just fantastic and at this point I think I may be swaying my decision in regards to trading him.

When Mo gets back he will be given 1 or 2 starts to prove himself and if he falters AT ALL, then Stanford stays.

Great game last night. Did anyone go or did you have to listen on the radio?

Tidball
09-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah Stanford has played just fantastic and at this point I think I may be swaying my decision in regards to trading him.

When Mo gets back he will be given 1 or 2 starts to prove himself and if he falters AT ALL, then Stanford stays.

Great game last night. Did anyone go or did you have to listen on the radio?

I went with a few friends. the Blades slowed down late in the 3rd and let the Raiders catch up. they still won though. Dzuirzynski pounded Conner. Zahn with a little edge over Bouris

Dwight Schrute
09-26-2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/96959

Zahn and Bourhis never landed anything.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/96958

Dz only landed some on the ice. Connors 2nd fight of his career . I wouldnt get to excited about him getting "pounded" by Dz. hes straight out of AAA . and while they were on there feet it was close. That being said Darian is one of my favorite players in the league.

i love that hockeyfights has dub fights now. how did zahn not get a instigator ?

BladesFan_2010
09-26-2010, 03:10 PM
When is Morrison coming back? The Flyers website sucks and doesn't update the rosters.

lordstanley
09-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Flyers just made some more cuts and Adam Morrison is still in Flyers camp he must be playing very good to stick this long

BigCat20
09-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Flyers just made some more cuts and Adam Morrison is still in Flyers camp he must be playing very good to stick this long

It looks like he hasn't dressed for any games yet. Seems strange to keep him but not play him. They have like 8 goalies in camp. And yah their website is terrible for camp news!

lordstanley
09-26-2010, 03:41 PM
It looks like he hasn't dressed for any games yet. Seems strange to keep him but not play him. They have like 8 goalies in camp. And yah their website is terrible for camp news!

they have 20 fowards 12 defense and 5 goalies left

i agree there site is crap and yeah if your not gonna let the guy play send him back already

Tidball
09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/96959

Zahn and Bourhis never landed anything.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/96958

Dz only landed some on the ice. Connors 2nd fight of his career . I wouldnt get to excited about him getting "pounded" by Dz. hes straight out of AAA . and while they were on there feet it was close. That being said Darian is one of my favorite players in the league.

Zahn wins for how far he threw the helmet off.

saskatoonman
09-26-2010, 10:52 PM
I have Adam Morrison on facebook and his status tonight was that he is coming back to saskatoon tomorrow so that is a good thing to hear.

Backhand
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
5 games in 8 nights starting Friday in Brandon. I'm thinking the lines will be rolled more compared to the 2 games vs PA. Will be a true test of where the team is at - depth wise. Yes it's early but a big test non the less.

BladesFan_2010
09-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Great! Now that Morrison is back, I am sure he will maybe get at least two of the starts with the upcoming 3 games in 3 nights. That would then allow the Blades to sit Stanford and insert Acolatse or Boyer into the lineup.

By the way, is it just me or did you see the way that both Acolatse and Boyer looked like they sulked when they skated onto the ice for the pre-game introductions at the home opener?

Now, if Morrison does get named the starter and Stanford *cough* choker gets sent packing, then it's between Acolatse and Boyer as to who stays. If Lorne didn't pull the trigger so fast on trading McNaught out west, I'd keep him. Randy adds that toughness, but he developed into a very good player last year. As for Acolatse, sure he can play both forward and D, but we have enough D-men...I think 8 now? Acolatse brings grit to be sure, but I don't know that he has the offensive upside that Boyer does. Boyer did things at a million miles an hour everytime he was on the ice last year, but we never really noticed him until the playoffs when he was a consistent contributor.

But now that McNaught is gone, I'm not sure which one to keep between Sena and Jeremy, assuming Stanford is gone. Sorry, but I don't want Stanford back. I think more people are pulling for Morrison to succeed since he's been here the longest and if it wasn't for his concussion in the playoffs last year, we might have had a different outcome against Brandon. If Mo doesn't let in those two stinkers that Stanford gave up, we may have extended that series and maybe won it.

GO MO...we're pulling for ya!

BladesFan_2010
09-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Sorry, I just thought of something.

Brandon hasn't dressed either of their 20 year old goalies for their games this year, opting to go with 2 rookies instead. I'm wondering....

Kelly McCrimmon may be ballsy enough to try this, but I wonder if he'd ship both DeSerres and Hayes out of town, and maybe take what he gets in return, and flips it to the Blades in exchange for Stanford? Or do you think the Blades would try to send him out west like they did with Toomey, Inglis and McNaught?

whlking
09-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Andrew Hayes is going to Victoriaville of the QMJHL.

Dwight Schrute
09-27-2010, 12:50 AM
wouldnt all dub teams have a chance at him first ?

WorkHorse
09-27-2010, 08:20 AM
You are correct, someone listened in on a conversation where guys were discussing possible opportunities for the 20 year olds and as usually happens missed alot of key points in the conversation. Then, it's grown from there. But yes, a WHL team cannot do a deal with a Q team. The player would have to be released and clear waivers first.

RenegadeStylings
09-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Morrison should get a few starts in the next few games to show what he can do for this team.

With the way Stanford has played this year, I wouldn't hesitate to keep him as one of the 20 year olds.

Tidball
09-27-2010, 01:13 PM

How do you know this?

BladesFan_2010
09-27-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't know if I agree with keeping Stanford. I think Morrison deserves a chance to show his stuff. Plus, look at how much younger our forwards are this year. By trading Stanford we can free up an overage roster spot for either Acolatse or Boyer, or Patterson (if the Flames are dumb enough not to keep him in the AHL). Sure, our young guys are doing well, but I'd rather keep one of the 3 forwards left.

BladesFan_2010
09-27-2010, 04:19 PM
I jus saw on the Flyers website Sunday that they trimmed the roster down, but Morrison's name isn't on the list of players being returned. They still have 5 goalies. ***?

Trav
09-27-2010, 05:55 PM
I think people forget that Morrison would bring more in a trade then Stanford would, and so would the 20 yr old forwards. why not trade Morrison to say the Bruins who could use a goaltender or maybe even the hitmen since i dont think Snider or Holly will be a good starter for them, just my own opinion and get a veteran forward back.

reims
09-28-2010, 01:39 AM
I don't know if I agree with keeping Stanford. I think Morrison deserves a chance to show his stuff. Plus, look at how much younger our forwards are this year. By trading Stanford we can free up an overage roster spot for either Acolatse or Boyer, or Patterson (if the Flames are dumb enough not to keep him in the AHL). Sure, our young guys are doing well, but I'd rather keep one of the 3 forwards left.

i agree the young guys are holding there own...but we havent had a good test yet...we havent played a top team yet...lets see how they do then.

Trav
09-28-2010, 07:25 AM

Thats why u trade Morrison for a veteran forward. I'm sure a team that needs a goaltender would cough one up. All your going to get for Stanford is a pick.

Rye
09-28-2010, 09:25 AM
What's wrong with that? Lorne has many picks, he's thinking about the future too and has a lot of faith in his scouts. Whatever he chooses to do is more than likely the right thing for the team.

BladesFan_2010
09-28-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm telling you that if you trade Stanford, then Morrison may come back as a 20 year old, and there is nothing wrong with having Iwan back up for two years, because if he only gets 20 to 25 games in, then he's the starter for next year (if Mo left), do you think that would be enough experience for Iwan to be able to step into the starter's role?

wango tango
09-28-2010, 12:51 PM
not an easy decision. molleken probably wants to get this set as soon as he can.

has to be between stanford, acolatse, and patterson.

if morrison can be the man, stanford is out, and it's between acolatse and patterson. patterson might not even be an option if the flames are not going to send him back. acolatse becomes your third 20.

if patterson gets sent back, he's your third 20. stanford and acolatse are out.

if morrison can't carry the load, stanford is the third 20.

going to be an interesting week of practice, morrison probably starts two of three this weekend.

BladesFan_2010
09-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Stanford should sit for the weekend.

Insert Acolatse one game, Boyer the next and see what develops.

RenegadeStylings
09-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Stanford won't sit LOL.

Lorne and the staff has seen a ton of Morrison up until now to guage what he can bring to the table. Chances are by this point they are already leaning one way or the other with what to do with Stanford as the last 20.

Stanford will play atleast one game, maybe even 2.

Tidball
09-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Stanford should sit for the weekend.

Insert Acolatse one game, Boyer the next and see what develops.

Boyer is likely being shipped. Molleken prolly hasnt found a buyer yet. Acolatse may have a chance at cracking the team.

Patterson is as good as gone.

sbtatter
09-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Has Siemens started the season like he finished off last year? If he has, I wonder how high he's going to go in the draft, he must have tonnes of teams watching him.

Dwight Schrute
09-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Has Siemens started the season like he finished off last year? If he has, I wonder how high he's going to go in the draft, he must have tonnes of teams watching him.
gotta be a top ten pick.

sbtatter
09-29-2010, 10:38 AM
gotta be a top ten pick.
If he continues on from last year maybe he'll crack the top 5....

BladesFan_2010
09-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Stanford has to sit, or be moved.

According to the coaches and comments on here, Acolatse deserves a look this year. From his effort he deserves to be around. As far as Morrison goes, I remember him talking in an interview saying that he made some technical changes in the off-season. They must have helped him otherwise the Flyers wouldn't have kept him around for as long as they did. If Mo has changed some things in his game I think the Blades owe him a look to see what he can do.

If you don't want Stanford to sit, then you get rid of Acolatse after he's busted his ass in training camp and exhibition games?

lordstanley
09-29-2010, 12:06 PM
There is some serious people on the Stanford bandwagon do you remember his choking in the playoffs last year ? and also some folks saying he had a fantastic weekend ? hmm so letting up 7 goals in 2 games is good now ? his GAA is 10th in the league the guy is over hyped if you ask me

reims
09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Stanford has to sit, or be moved.

According to the coaches and comments on here, Acolatse deserves a look this year. From his effort he deserves to be around. As far as Morrison goes, I remember him talking in an interview saying that he made some technical changes in the off-season. They must have helped him otherwise the Flyers wouldn't have kept him around for as long as they did. If Mo has changed some things in his game I think the Blades owe him a look to see what he can do.

If you don't want Stanford to sit, then you get rid of Acolatse after he's busted his ass in training camp and exhibition games?

i agree acolatse has worked hard and looked real good in the preseason...i would definitely give him a look

Crush Kill Destroy
09-29-2010, 01:09 PM
There is some serious people on the Stanford bandwagon do you remember his choking in the playoffs last year ? and also some folks saying he had a fantastic weekend ? hmm so letting up 7 goals in 2 games is good now ? his GAA is 10th in the league the guy is over hyped if you ask me

As compared to the choke job Morrison performed starting December 1, 2009?

20GP 1063MP 8W 10L 586SA 73GA 513SV 4.12GAA .875SV%

Stanford is with the Blades right now because there is a distinct lack of confidence within the organization that Morrison can actually do the job. He was not a WHL-calibre netminder for the last 3 1/2 months of the 2009-10 season (hence him not getting anywhere close to the Blades crease during the play-offs).

lordstanley
09-29-2010, 01:27 PM
As compared to the choke job Morrison performed starting December 1, 2009?

20GP 1063MP 8W 10L 586SA 73GA 513SV 4.12GAA .875SV%

Stanford is with the Blades right now because there is a distinct lack of confidence within the organization that Morrison can actually do the job. He was not a WHL-calibre netminder for the last 3 1/2 months of the 2009-10 season (hence him not getting anywhere close to the Blades crease during the play-offs).

I guess him not getting action in the playoffs was due to his injury must of forgot about that one hey ?

BladesFan_2010
09-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Lordstanley has a point. Mo has never played a playoff game yet, and look at what Stanford did in the playoffs.

Plus it was Niemi who shot one at Morrison's head in practice and he suffered a concussion, that's why he couldn't play.

Dwight Schrute
09-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Lordstanley has a point. Mo has never played a playoff game yet, and look at what Stanford did in the playoffs.

Plus it was Niemi who shot one at Morrison's head in practice and he suffered a concussion, that's why he couldn't play.

and after the stellar 3.5 months prior you wanted him starting the post season ? carrying his .875 save % or his 4.12 gaa with him ?

reims
09-29-2010, 04:27 PM
I really think you have to bring how the team feels playing in front of a goalie too in to the equation...have the blades as a team lost confidence in stanford becuase of his play in the playoffs???...im not so sure...and be sure stanford is out to prove himself into a pro contract somewhere this year too...i can see him working harder then he ever has before this season becuase of it...where as morrison may come back with attitude...it is really hard for us a fans to judge becuase we only see what happens on the ice...where as the coaches see practices and get the sense of attitde from the kids and a whole lot of other things im probobly missing...stats alone you would have to go with stanford...but we all know it is a what have you done for me lately sport...not what have you done before...especially in junior hockey...we can say what we want but i have confidence that the coaching staff will pick the right guy in the end....either guy can do the job in my opinion.

BigCat20
09-29-2010, 04:37 PM
I wouldnt say Stanford choked against Brandon last year. He let in a couple he'd like to have back but it was a tough series against a team that could score alot. There was a reason they rode Stanford thru the year.....he had been the better goalie. Morrison got his chances, play one good game then not the next. We all can have our say who the Blades should keep....but unless you're part the the coaching staff and see each goalie alot(practices, games & video) then its all personal opinion. Lorne, Struch and Engele are going to do whats best for this year. This decision will affect the goaltending situation for the next few years, thats why it may not be decided until the overage deadline.(IMO) I say keep Acolatse and Stanford, dress Stanford when he starts in goal, dress Acolatse when Morrison is gonna start....then make the best decision after each goalie has played some games. Trade Boyer ASAP to give him a chance to still play in the league.

There are so many variables to this equation:
1) Stanford stays....what can you get for Morrison and Acolatse? Do we want Iwan playing atleast 1/3 of the games so he's ready next year while still contending for a div. championship this year?

2) Morrison stays.....what value do you get for Stanford?...Are we wanting him in our division(Pats or Wheat Kings?)Is Mo back as a overager next year?Would Acolatse put up enough points to keep him?

We have enough team toughness but still lacking a true game changing goal scorer. Which combo of players &/or picks could get us that? Do we go after a #1 goalie? These may not be addresses till the trade deadline.

So which option works best?

BladesFan_2010
10-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Stanford goes.

Acolatse you keep because he is another experienced forward. Look at it this way, with Sena staying Lorne won't have to make a deal at the deadline for an experienced playoff performer/depth guy.

BigCat20
10-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Stanford goes.

Acolatse you keep because he is another experienced forward. Look at it this way, with Sena staying Lorne won't have to make a deal at the deadline for an experienced playoff performer/depth guy.

Yah but then he may need a goalie, which will cost more and few will be available!

BladesFan_2010
10-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Ha ha ha ha! For once the rookie is right. How ya like 'dem apples?

According to the Star Phoenix, Stanford sits and Acolatse is playing tonight. I told you that Acolatse deserves a look and the only way to get him in is if Stanford sits. I just hope that Patterson doesn't come back. He's good enough to play in the AHL I believe, and I hope he makes it, otherwise we have to make yet again, another overager roster move.

RenegadeStylings
10-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Ha ha ha ha! For once the rookie is right. How ya like 'dem apples?

According to the Star Phoenix, Stanford sits and Acolatse is playing tonight. I told you that Acolatse deserves a look and the only way to get him in is if Stanford sits. I just hope that Patterson doesn't come back. He's good enough to play in the AHL I believe, and I hope he makes it, otherwise we have to make yet again, another overager roster move.

Don't read too much into the fact that Stanford is sitting.

Morrison is starting tonight.

The team might as well scratch Stanford, instead of sitting a 20 year old on the bench, in order to allow Acolatse to get into a game.

It's not exactly rocket science to have predicted that would happen...

wango tango
10-01-2010, 11:27 AM
have to agree with renegadestylings on this one.

morrison should start two of three this weekend. the team has to figure out if he can be the starter, or at least feature him so other teams can get a look at him for trade possibilities.

why would you waste a 20 spot on a guy who's going to sit on the bench? only makes sense acolatse draws into the lineup. it's like bragging water is wet.

Steveo34
10-01-2010, 12:46 PM
The Blades settled their import situation this afternoon by releasing Andrej Stastny. No surprise here.

lordstanley
10-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Duncan Siemens Nobly Gives Up His ‘A’

It was only a week ago that the 17-year-old former Assistant Captain, Duncan Siemens, expressed what a great honour it was to receive the ‘A’, especially being one of the younger players on the team. The still honoured Siemens feels that he will have time in the future to take on a leadership role; however this could be recently returned teammate Stefan Elliott’s last year. Siemens addressed the team this week to resign from his position and offer it to Elliott upon his return from the Colorado Avalanche training camp. Duncan says ‘With Stef’s [Elliott] experience and everything he does for us on and off the ice, he really deserves this.’

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/duncan-siemens-nobly-gives-up-his-a

Steveo34
10-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Really great thing to do or the guy, I hope Duncan gets An "A" or the "C" in the future!

wango tango
10-01-2010, 01:26 PM
The Blades settled their import situation this afternoon by releasing Andrej Stastny. No surprise here.

stransky is going to be solid, he's starting to fit in, and he's only 17. unfortunately stastny would have been a good pickup, things didn't work out.

wango tango
10-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Really great thing to do or the guy, I hope Duncan gets An "A" or the "C" in the future!

says a lot about the character of siemens and elliott. says a lot about the leadership within. very good signs all the way around.

sbtatter
10-01-2010, 02:10 PM
says a lot about the character of siemens and elliott. says a lot about the leadership within. very good signs all the way around.

It sure does. Sure like Siemens, good player, and appears to have a good character

Backhand
10-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Bravo! Wonderful to have a character dressing room to start a season and moving forward! Blades have a solid yet young team with experience behind the bench. I hope the fans come out and be that "6th man" at CUC.

Trav
10-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Ouch the Blades are getting hammered, hmm wonder whose in net, oh wait its the Flyer boy, the guy that Lord Stanley thinks should be the Blades starter.

Rye
10-01-2010, 10:40 PM
I watched the game online ... only 1 goal was Morrison's fault for sure, his defense did not help him out at all. Come to think of it, none of the team helped ... and I don't want to take anything away from Brandon, they played a hell of a game.

Iwan didn't look good at all either. Understandable, he got thrown in when the game was out of control and he was a cold tender.

Absolutely embarrassing game.

lordstanley
10-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Ouch the Blades are getting hammered, hmm wonder whose in net, oh wait its the Flyer boy, the guy that Lord Stanley thinks should be the Blades starter.

Way to hang the loss on Morrison Trav the Blades looked like a midget tripple A team Elliott even looked like a joke as Swyripa walked around him like nothing Morrison had no help at all Brandon is a force

Tidball
10-02-2010, 10:10 AM

front runner for Captain next season

Trav
10-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Well I'll say this, I noticed this last year, the Blades seem to play better with Stanford in net. Some of u may disagree but It's something ive noticed.

lordstanley
10-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Well maybe Stanford is rich and promises the team free steak sandwiches

BladesFan_2010
10-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Actually, I noticed last year that the team seemed to play better in front of Stanford than Morrison. I thought I was the only one who thought that way...

As for the next two home games, I thought someone said on here that Stanford was starting tonight, or was that in an interview with Lorne that I read? Anyhow, you're right....Mo needs to start at least one of the next two games, hopefully he'll get a chance to redeem himself tomorrow night against Brandon, but he held them in the game being outshot 14 - 5 in the 1st period of last night. I think he may want Acolatse in the lineup again for either game this weekend.

Either way, I'd hate to be Regina. I imagine the Blades will be one pissed off team with a very pissed off coach tonight! Usually when the Blades play a stinker, they come back with a great effort.

RenegadeStylings
10-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Should be a good game tonight. Who all is heading out to the game.

Could be an ugly one for the Pats :)

BigCat20
10-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Stanford's starting!

RenegadeStylings
10-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Big win for the team last night, going to be an even bigger test tonight. Rematch vs. Brandon.

RenegadeStylings
10-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Don't be surprised if Morrison is the odd man out in goal. That would mean that Stanford is the guy and that Acolatse is also going to have to be moved. Something to think about, and don't be too surprised if it happens.

lordstanley
10-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Fine if we move those 2 guys i hope we can package both of them or seperate with a draft pick to get a good top 6 foward

RenegadeStylings
10-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Or an 18 year old goalie. I don't think the staff has a ton of confidence in Iwan right now either.

lordstanley
10-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Or an 18 year old goalie. I don't think the staff has a ton of confidence in Iwan right now either.

Why don't they have confidence in Iwan ? the guy hasn't started a reg season game yet so he hasn't had a chance to prove his worth and he also had a wicked preseason and earned a back up role

Trav
10-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Acolatse was just traded to the Cougars for a 3rd round pick....Gotta assume Stanford is staying...Molleken has loaded the team with picks next year, awesome :)...It is to bad though that Acolatse can't play here, he was a solid addition last year, gotta hate the overage rule sometimes and this year is one of those years. They should go to 4 or 5 overagers per team...

Press release below from whl.ca

Prince George, BC – The Prince George Cougars announced Sunday the acquisition of 20-year old defenceman Sena Acolatse from the Saskatoon Blades. In return, the Blades get a third round pick in the 2011 WHL Bantam Draft.

Acolatse, a 5’11”, 207 pound product of Edmonton, Alberta, was acquired by the Blades during the 2009-10 season, after starting his fourth campaign with the Seattle Thunderbirds. Acolatse collected 16 goals and 19 assists for 35 points last season. In 256 career regular season games in the WHL since 2006, Acolatse has collected a total of 30 goals and 61 assists for 91 points, while adding 373 penalty minutes.

Acolatse will join the Cougars Monday and will be in the line-up when the Cougars face the Kootenay Ice Wednesday night in Cranbrook.

lordstanley
10-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Big suprise the Broadsky brothers trade with each other again it's like beating a dead horse already i have to admit seems like the guys play really well in front of Stanford but that still doesn't mean Morrison is a bad tender be interesting to see where he goes now

RenegadeStylings
10-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Why don't they have confidence in Iwan ? the guy hasn't started a reg season game yet so he hasn't had a chance to prove his worth and he also had a wicked preseason and earned a back up role

Just something I've heard

Trav
10-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Morrison can be a good goaltender if he's consistent...I know I shouldn't have just named him the other nite when they got hammered by Brandon but when you see the team play better in front of one goaltender and not the other, you gotta wonder what's going on.

RenegadeStylings
10-03-2010, 12:24 PM
I love the return the team got for Acolatse.

RenegadeStylings
10-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Stanford starts for Saskatoon. Still don't know who starts for Brandon. Wonder if its Boes, he had a strong game last night in PA and is a Saskatoon kid.

sbtatter
10-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I love the return the team got for Acolatse.

You did really well to get a 3rd rounder

lordstanley
10-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Brandon is all over us we look very intiminated playing them it could easily be 5-0

lordstanley
10-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Blades crap the bed for 1 period and and somehow pull out a win thank god big 2 points

RenegadeStylings
10-03-2010, 09:11 PM
huge win.

Trav
10-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Like to thank the Sharks so much for sending Viedensky back. That guy has been amazing here ever since we got him.

lordstanley
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Like to thank the Sharks so much for sending Viedensky back. That guy has been amazing here ever since we got him.

Ditto ! and thank you Cougars !

lostsheep
10-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Wow has Stransky started to really look comfortable out there. Dalton has looked very good so far too. So after the latest trade is this going to be our roster?
________
Medical Cannabis Seeds (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

RenegadeStylings
10-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Wow has Stransky started to really look comfortable out there. Dalton has looked very good so far too. So after the latest trade is this going to be our roster?

Not exactly. The team won't be carrying three goalies, so either Mo or Iwan is going to have to leave at some point.

As for Stransky, the guy has been amazing. He has gotten better every game. He truly looks like a younger, weaker version of Viedensky. And I really think that the Sharks made a major mistake sending Marek back to the WHL. He is above this league.

I would not be surprised if he led the WHL in scoring or was close to it this year. He can just take over the game.

wango tango
10-04-2010, 12:49 PM
right now the blades have one of the worst gaa in the league. that can't be sitting well with the coaches.

sbtatter
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
right now the blades have one of the worst gaa in the league. that can't be sitting well with the coaches.

It's early in the year, but you usually have a very stingy defence hey? In Brandon you took a lot of stupid needless penalties (Dziurzynski, Gogol, Acolatse) which helped bdn score more goals, until the Blades took those penalties it was a lot closer game. So if those guys can play a smarter agitator role, you guys should win the East

RenegadeStylings
10-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Former Blades captain Derek Hulak earned a contract with the Reading Royals of the ECHL. Congrats to him!

Tidball
10-05-2010, 04:24 PM

Doesnt matter if you let in 5 goals every game, as long as you score 6 :P

But i do agree the goals issue should and will be addressed.

lordstanley
10-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I think were lacking a little depth up front i know were scoring alot of goals but mostly with out top line of

Nicholls Viedensky Hamilton

I think we need a another depth foward or switch up the lines here's what i would do

Nicholls Viedensky Stransky
Hamilton Benson another foward ?
Dziurzynski Sutter Bews when healthy
Gogol Olsen Daae

lordstanley
10-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Players i would love to get is

Carter Ashton
Brayden Schenn
Austin Fyten

RenegadeStylings
10-05-2010, 06:28 PM
I think were lacking a little depth up front i know were scoring alot of goals but mostly with out top line of

Nicholls Viedensky Hamilton

I think we need a another depth foward or switch up the lines here's what i would do

Nicholls Viedensky Stransky
Hamilton Benson another foward ?
Dziurzynski Sutter Bews when healthy
Gogol Olsen Daae

Why would you break up the best thing working for the team?

Viedensky, Hamilton and Nicholls have carried the team offensively, and until they go dry they won't be broken up.

I do agree that the team could use more secondary scoring, but breaking up the top line is not the answer.

What the Blades need is someone like Benson or Dziurzynski to step up and contribute more consistent offense.

sbtatter
10-05-2010, 06:50 PM

Carter Ashton
Brayden Schenn
Austin Fyten

So what would you pay to get Schenn after the WJC?
Remember, to get an injuredHamonic we paid 2 first rounders, a second rounder and Erdhardt, so the price will be North of that, especially to a divisional rival

lordstanley
10-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Well in the 94/95 season Deyell Banham and Wilm line could carry the team only so far they racked it up but we lost first round against Brandon 4-0 your deph needs secondary scoring.

i hope Dziurzynski and Benson can do great there very good hard working players Benson was the hardest working player last year he could have got alot more points last year if he never played with McNaught all season.

RenegadeStylings
10-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Well in the 94/95 season Deyell Banham and Wilm line could carry the team only so far they racked it up but we lost first round against Brandon 4-0 your deph needs secondary scoring.

i hope Dziurzynski and Benson can do great there very good hard working players Benson was the hardest working player last year he could have got alot more points last year if he never played with McNaught all season.

You're reaching pretty far back for an example of when this was last an issue with the team.

It's still early in the season, and these things can take time. There is no need to shake up the offense while the team is still showing they can outscore teams to win games.

You don't shake up the one thing that is truly leading the team to victories, especially when you are starting to build some confidence.

And let's face it, the team is facing many more issues than the offense.

wango tango
10-05-2010, 10:00 PM

Carter Ashton
Brayden Schenn
Austin Fyten

out of those three only fyten is realistic.

molleken will not pay what regina and brandon will ask for those players. and regina and brandon i'm sure will deal them, if they are moved, to teams in the western conference.

wango tango
10-05-2010, 10:02 PM
blades top line of nicholls, viedensky, and hamilton has played well. and will play better with more time together.

saskatoon should try to add a top six forward to the group. don't know what is available in the western conference like that. we'll get a good look at the american teams starting with tri-city tomorrow night.

RenegadeStylings
10-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Big test against one of the best teams out West tonight.

lordstanley
10-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Blades are 4-1 but i still don't think they have played the best they can yet Came back in the home opener against P.A got lucky in P.A the next night almost blew a 4 goal lead, against Brandon got blown out bad against brandon, at home came back had a terrible start though, so they have had 1 good game blowing regina out 6-2 but keep in mind thats regina.

Joe Hallenback
10-06-2010, 11:36 AM
McGauley and 1st this year for Glennie?

wango tango
10-06-2010, 12:13 PM
McGauley and 1st this year for Glennie?

i wouldn't deal 2 firsts for glennie. i would for schenn plus another top prospect. i think it's a non-starter though because the top teams in the western conference are going to be after top players.

Joe Hallenback
10-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I have a feeling you are correct as well. If Schenn does not come back I think Glennie is gone after the trade deadline

I can see Everitt or Tri-City as a destination.

BladesFan_2010
10-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Sorry I was away for a few days as I was moving.

Take a look at the Regina Pats board. There is a posting regarding a potential 5 team blockbuster trade that would see Morrison go to Calgary. Is there any truth to this at all?

saskatoonman
10-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Im thinking that if the Blades want to go far this year then trading for another top 6 forward would be there best bet at this point. I think this just because of how strong our defense is on most occasions.

saskatoonman
10-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Sorry I was away for a few days as I was moving.

Take a look at the Regina Pats board. There is a posting regarding a potential 5 team blockbuster trade that would see Morrison go to Calgary. Is there any truth to this at all?

That deal would never ever be a possibility. You rarely see 3 team trades in the dub I don't think that we will ever see a 5 team anytime soon.

twentyone
10-06-2010, 04:40 PM
If Lorne Molleken and the Blades are serious about playing in the Mem cup then just like last year, this year they are a top 6 scoring forward and a top defencmen away. I beleive last year if Molleken could of brought in a tough top 4 Dman like Teubert or Hamonic and a top 6 forward (not eberle but Ashton, as Eberle would of cost too much) We would of been there instead of Calgary. Again this year we lack that depth scoring. Clagary and Brandon both had it last year. You may have a successful season with one scoring line but come playoffs you need a 1-2 punch with a solid checking line.

On defence is were we lacked last year when push came to shove, We had a solid defense but not good enough. Same goes this year. I am a beleiver to have D pairings as such, a skilled offensive Dman paired up with a tough stay at home (see Stefan Elliot and Sam Klassen, or teighan Zahn and Niemi). we need at least one skilled Dman to make a good first pass. I am sorry Teighan Zahn I like you alot and he is tough as nails but he has the worst first pass out of our zone in the league, Just watch closely next game, Seriously he ices the puck 6-10 times a game. Which is why he is paired up with Thrower (skilled offense).

Seimens Elliot - Tough with Offense
Zahn Thrower - Tough with Offense

But after that it gets dicey. (Keep in Mind I am talking in the playoffs) We could use another good defensmen to play with Dietz or Vandane, they are too young and inexperienced to play with each other as a 3rd pairing. Thats were we had problems last year relying on Seimens and thrower together, for 16 yr olds they were awesome but didn't quite cut it. We can't have Zahn double shifting and expected to make that first pass when he is out there with either of those guys. That said Elliot and Thrower lack the toughness to play with those guys as well. Which leaves Seimens to double shift and he is still to young to always double shift. A Travis Hamonic type defensmen is what we need. Every year Lorne and his Staff talk about how the Blades have the best 50 protecte dlist in the league. START USING THOSE PLAYERS TO WIN US A CUP.

I really think Lorne had the tools to pull off the trades last year and we could of been at the mem cup. At first I was upset he didn't pull the trigger at the deadline no matter the price. But I went to the Mem cup and after watching Windsor play I am glad Lorne saw the light and realized nobody was going to beat them. I mean nobody. I just hope he can see it this year could be the year and do what it takes to get there.

OUT.

Trav
10-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Twentyone, you should know that Molleken DID try and pull of some big deals, only problem was, it takes two teams ot make a trade and the other teams weren't willing to pull the trigger. Molleken made a great trade getting Viedensky whose going to be the Blades MVP this year, yeah I know it's early but I don't doubt that he'll be it.

lordstanley
10-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Blades win 5-3 to go too 5-1 but it comes with a possible injury late in the game schinnimin planted nicholls into the boards head first sat on the ice for almost 5 minuts got up shook his he im sure he is concused i hope he aint out for long such a dirty hit schinnimin should be suspended

RenegadeStylings
10-07-2010, 12:11 AM
What a great game and another big win. Now perfect at home. This team is rolling right now. The only negative was the possible loss of Nicholls. Talking to Dave Struch after the game, he is ok, but he wouldn't elaborate much after that.

twentyone
10-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Twentyone, you should know that Molleken DID try and pull of some big deals, only problem was, it takes two teams ot make a trade and the other teams weren't willing to pull the trigger. Molleken made a great trade getting Viedensky whose going to be the Blades MVP this year, yeah I know it's early but I don't doubt that he'll be it.

I never said LM didn't try to make a deal. He just wasn't willing to give up what brandon or Calgary had to give up. Like i said i am glad he never did sell the farm because nobody was going to beat Windsor. Viedensky was a great move but notice where we got him from. We re-paid the Cougars back for that steal by basically giving them Inglis and Trading Acolatse to them. We all know how the brothers operate. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we get Brett Connelly at the deadline if PG is out of the playoff picture. Re-Paying us for wgen we traded them Setoguchi.

lordstanley
10-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Lorne said after the game it was a horse **** move by shinnimin and said nicholls is seriously hurt now cause of that

Byblow is the worst ref i have ever seen in this league this isn't the first time he let a game get out of hand

saskatoonman
10-07-2010, 08:52 AM
I agree that Byblow is a terrible ref, funny thing is he is my bio teacher at cross. Haha

lostsheep
10-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Its about time someone put the blame where it belongs ( on the ref's ) This league has to get its s**t together and get some better people. I agree that there is a place in hockey for fighting, and hard hitting, but not all the cheap shots, and hitting from behind. There were neumerous hits square in the numbers last night and none of them were because people turned away.
________
Nevada Medical Marijuana Dispensaries (http://nevada.dispensaries.org/)

lostsheep
10-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Where are all the fans?? 3000 people come on. Is it a lack of PR, or little Media coverage?? I dont get it the team comes out the last couple of years and does a great job and they cant get 5000 per game? Ticket prices are not that high.
________
Asian hardcore (http://www.****tube.com/categories/128/hardcore/videos/1)

RenegadeStylings
10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Where are all the fans?? 3000 people come on. Is it a lack of PR, or little Media coverage?? I dont get it the team comes out the last couple of years and does a great job and they cant get 5000 per game? Ticket prices are not that high.

It is disappointing, but this team has never been a huge draw, atleast during the regular season.

Hopefully if the team picks up the great play people will start to notice how fun the on ice product is to watch.

As for last night, you can never expect a huge crowd during a game on a Wednesday night. But, 4-5 thousand should definitely be expected on weekends.

Backhand
10-07-2010, 11:10 AM
MORE FANS - start with the PR! No "fan o meter" No "let's make noise" on the big screen. Timbits are cute but you need to have silly games with fans on the ice. Get a speedy golf cart with an air gun launching t-shirts into the crowd. How about a mini blimp flying through the arena. How about a crazy bald guy with a drum?

Oh - less salt in the popcorn too.

I was at the Brandon & Regina games - fans were bored?

lostsheep
10-07-2010, 12:09 PM
crazy drum guy sounds like fun, i remember Bill the trumpeter from the old calgary flame days it was always fun. maybe organ sound effects for CHARGE or something. Simply put more atmosphere between plays and periods, but the fans wont see that if they dont come out. PR a bring a kid to the game night, kinda like the take a kid fishing promotion. We need more butts in the seats for a loud intense arena
________
Chrysler Cordoba Specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Cordoba)

lordstanley
10-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Iwan Heads to Neepawa

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/iwan-heads-to-neepawa

Now the team is set but i think with Nicholls possible being out for sometime and the RW position looking a little thin Lorne needs to address this area !

whlking
10-07-2010, 12:15 PM
so with Iwan being sent back to Neepawa, does that mean that Morrison and or Stanford are O.K with being the backup for the entire 72 game regular season? Something seems fishy about this, I would be shocked to see both Morrison and Stanford remain Blades the entire year.

lostsheep
10-07-2010, 12:16 PM
what would you have in mind? players from within or trade?
________
Ipad Cases (http://accesoriesipad.com/)

RenegadeStylings
10-07-2010, 12:50 PM
so with Iwan being sent back to Neepawa, does that mean that Morrison and or Stanford are O.K with being the backup for the entire 72 game regular season? Something seems fishy about this, I would be shocked to see both Morrison and Stanford remain Blades the entire year.

I wouldn't be. Not if the team wants to be a contender this year. Having two solid goalies is huge.

In fact I even asked Morrison about it last night after the game and he simply said the two are not "competing" against each other. They are teammates and will do what it takes to be a winning team.

RenegadeStylings
10-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Bring on the Warriors tonight.

lostsheep
10-08-2010, 01:59 PM
lets go blades fans call a friend, tellthem to bring another. telleveryone on the street to get thier butts to the rink tonight. GO BLADES GO.:clap::bounce::groovy:
________
ALASKA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://alaska.dispensaries.org/)

Backhand
10-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Hey! Another gritty win by the boys in blue. I watched the game from out of town on web TV and sounded like the crowd was a part of this win (cheering)! I'll give the 4th star to the fans.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

lostsheep
10-09-2010, 10:32 AM
wow the fan o meter back in action, along with the make some noise! the rink stillneeds more butts in the seats, but was noticably louder very nice to see. Good first and second periods, but still need that 60min effort.
________
HANDJOB HARDCORE (http://www.****tube.com/categories/678/hardcore/videos/1)

Backhand
10-09-2010, 11:44 AM
First 500 fans get a free BLADES flag you fly on your car window. Still need the fun crazy guy with a drum. Hand out Blades stickers that proud fans will put on their car windows. Get into it & have some fun. :D

lordstanley
10-11-2010, 10:31 AM
BLADES DZIURZYNSKI WHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK !

http://whl.ca/article/blades-dziurzynski-whl-player-of-the-week

I thought at the start of the season better yet after the playoffs last year that this would be the Blades breakout player for this season and so far he has not disapointed

lostsheep
10-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Darian rocks its good to see some hard work pay off. My daughter, and wifes favorite player by far. I hope some of the work ethic rubs off on a few of the younger kids.
________
Jailbroken (http://jailbroken.org/)

Steveo34
10-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Congrats Darian! great start for him and the Blades for that matter. Keep up the good work boys...Memorial Cup, here we come ;)

BladesFan_2010
10-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Speaking of The Mem Cup, the Blades are making a pitch for the 2013 championship. It would be great, seeing that would be the last year that the contracts of Molleken, Struch, Watt and Hildebrant all last until. It would be a great swan song....after that Struch would coach the team and Lorne would assume the GM role.

What are your thoughts?

Rebelsfan13
10-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Two top ranked teams go head to head on Friday. First appearance after last years playoff series as well....should be a good one!

reims
10-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Two top ranked teams go head to head on Friday. First appearance after last years playoff series as well....should be a good one!

Can't wait to see this one!!! Heard that there is a goOd chance for josh nicholls to return after thAt check from behind agAinst tri city...my wife And I are making the triP to red deer will be nice to see the blades somewhere other then credit union center

Trav
10-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Nicholls better be 110% ready before he steps on to the ice. There's no reason to rush him back in to the lineup.

Should be a good game.

lordstanley
10-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Nicholls better be 110% ready before he steps on to the ice. There's no reason to rush him back in to the lineup.

Should be a good game.

I'll be happy with a 100%

Rebelsfan13
10-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Enjoy your trip to the Centrium!

RenegadeStylings
10-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Great game tonight in Red Deer. Should be interesting to see how the Blades react after a 7 day break.

Rebelsfan13
10-15-2010, 09:55 AM
The Rebels are also coming off an extended break after their Saskatchewan road trip. Cowen might even play tonight (he has mono but spleen isn't enlarged) so that could add an interesting aspect to tonights game.

Hockey Spy
10-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Cowen is not playing tonight as per the "rebelscene blog".

BladesFan_2010
10-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Cowan is out tonight with mono.

The Rebels aren't really that good, the Blades will kick their ass tonight.

I don't like the Rebels coach last year after Cowan ran Stanford, he gave Cowan a high five when he came off the ice. What a jerk!

Hockey Spy
10-15-2010, 10:50 AM
BladesFan_2010;

The Rebels are a very good team and should remain in the top 4 in the conference all year long.

They have one of the top lines in the entire league this year with Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Andrej Kudrna and Byron Froese. All three players through 9 games are on track for 10 points seasons. In addition, Kamblatz, Persson and Elson (if he plays) add very good secondary scoring up front for Red Deer.

On defence, they will look to Alex Petrovic who is one of the better complete defenceman in the East Conference combining skill and grit. Weller, Borejko and Archer give Red Deer a nice top 4. Also watch for 16 year old rookie Mathew Dumba to make an impact. He is a roving type defenceman who plays a high risk, high reward style of game.

Darcy Kuemper in goal is very reliable and pretty steady.

What to watch tonight will be the Red Deer PP which has been lethal, clicking at a 24.1%, scoring 13 goals in just 9 games. Red Deer has the #1 PP at home going 5/13 in the early going. The Rebels also have the #3 PK at 90.4, killing off 47/52 while scoring a SHG.

All told, Red Deer has a very complete game.

lordstanley
10-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Cowan is out tonight with mono.

The Rebels aren't really that good, the Blades will kick their ass tonight.

I don't like the Rebels coach last year after Cowan ran Stanford, he gave Cowan a high five when he came off the ice. What a jerk!

What league are you watching the Rebels are 7-2 they are a very good team with lots of fire power good vetern defense and Kuemper in net it will be a great show down

Hockey Spy
10-15-2010, 11:44 AM
All that said I am not liking the Rebels chances against the Blades

Please explain....

Seems pretty even to me and RD is at home with specialty teams that are really clicking.

lordstanley
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Please explain....

Seems pretty even to me and RD is at home with specialty teams that are really clicking.

Blades should really be the underdogs were the youngest team in the league

sbtatter
10-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Blades should really be the underdogs were the youngest team in the league

Aren't the Wheaties younger than anyone this year? Or maybe it's just our defence that is so young.
Goalies are 18, 17, 17
Defence is 19, 18, 20, 17, 16, 16, 17, 17
Forwards are 20, 17, 18, 19, 19, 18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 16, 18, 17, 20

So
3 20's
6 19's
6 18's
7 17's
3 16's

lordstanley
10-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Aren't the Wheaties younger than anyone this year? Or maybe it's just our defence that is so young.
Goalies are 18, 17, 17
Defence is 19, 18, 20, 17, 16, 16, 17, 17
Forwards are 20, 17, 18, 19, 19, 18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 16, 18, 17, 20

So
3 20's
6 19's
6 18's
7 17's
3 16's

I was just going by Alan Caldwells blog he did a age breakdown and listed us as the youngest with us and Brandon being the youngest really says something about our scouting system

lordstanley
10-15-2010, 02:22 PM
as it stands now this is how our roster breaks down

20's 3
19's 5
18's 4
17's 8
16,s 3

sbtatter
10-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I was just going by Alan Caldwells blog he did a age breakdown and listed us as the youngest with us and Brandon being the youngest really says something about our scouting system Ok, I could be getting our younf defence and all our rookies mixed up as equating being the youngest in the league! Games of dub experience/team would be interesting to see.
Blades have scouted really well and turned their team around since the Setoguchi trade imo

lordstanley
10-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Ok, I could be getting our younf defence and all our rookies mixed up as equating being the youngest in the league! Games of dub experience/team would be interesting to see.
Blades have scouted really well and turned their team around since the Setoguchi trade imo

Agreed and as much as i love to beat your Wheaties i also repesct that franchise the scouting staff has been awesome keeping you guys competative when everyone counted you guys out

RenegadeStylings
10-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Blades sweep the Alberta weekend trip and still have the top winning percentage in the league.

RenegadeStylings
10-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Tonight was the worst effort I have seen out of the guys all year. A sloppy game and didn't win enough of the battles. A lot of credit to moose jaw as they had a gameplan and executed. Time for a big bounceback weekend.

wango tango
10-20-2010, 11:00 AM
no such thing as a good loss. sometimes the lessons gained from a loss can be beneficial.

hopefully this loss against the warriors helps to get the blades heads right.

RenegadeStylings
10-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Blades hosting Lethbridge tonight. The Hurricanes will likely have revenge on their mind following a tough loss to Saskatoon last weekend.

Backhand
10-22-2010, 11:55 AM
The Blades third line needs to get scoring. I'm sure the coaching staff is working on this one - even after the Trask addition. The PP is under-achieving with the talent the team has. Not saying the PP is way off but has more potential. Let's see how this team responds after the MJ game/loss. I like how Struch talks of building a championship team. 62 more regular season games to get it right. GO BLADES GO!! :groovy:

lostsheep
10-22-2010, 11:09 PM
PP needs to shoot, shoot and shoot again. there has been traffic and no shot, then no shot and lots of traffic. Break the center of the box and get a couple ugly ones, they all count. This also gets to the goalies and other player skins.
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

RenegadeStylings
10-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Blades win a thriller over the Canes. Was a very very entertaining game to watch.

Trav
10-23-2010, 01:56 PM
The refs almost screwed up the game, some of the calls they made were bogus and then they missed some calls on both sides, makes me wanna just take a stick and knock some sense in to them.

The thing that I always laugh bout is when they have their stupid huddle right before the game starts, must be talking bout who buys the most beer after the game, the one with the most BS calls.

Backhand
10-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Wonderful to see over 4,200 fans at the game last night and the team able to WIN another one. How many more types of wins are there? Seems the Blades have won their 9 games nine different ways - love it!

Be proud boys! Keeper rolling! :D

RenegadeStylings
10-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Blades beat Med Hat. Very entertaining game last night again at CUC. Hopefully more fans continue to show up to these games as Saskatoon is now 7-0 on home ice.

wango tango
10-26-2010, 02:03 PM
blades in regina tonight to take on the pats.

could ashton be on the bus with the blades on the way back?

lordstanley
10-26-2010, 02:04 PM
lol very doubtfull

lostsheep
10-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Wow Ashton again really?? I just dont see the big upside to that one, maybe its just me
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

reims
10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
give him somebody to play with and then ridicule

Hockey Spy
10-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Wow Ashton again really?? I just dont see the big upside to that one, maybe its just me

You may not see the upside but apparently the Tampa Bay Lightnind do!:cool:

lordstanley
10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
NHL teams can be wrong on a players upside too they aint perfect just look at how Philly drafted Klotz a couple seasons ago lol

lostsheep
10-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Give him someone to play with? is he not playinig with Weal? i didnt say he was horrible i just feel that at this time he is not what we need. And in the first few games i saw this year with him he didnt seem to be a game breaker. I didnt see tonights game, how did he play?
________
Redhead live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/redhead-girls/)

RenegadeStylings
10-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Last night was the best game that I have personally seen from Ashton. I have seen him a half a dozen times now, maybe a few more and have never been impressed at all. He looked pretty good last night though and showed off his soft hands more than once.

Backhand
10-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Gotta get back on track. Mentally I think the team needs to wake up and stay out of the penalty box and bring a solid effort in the second periods. The coach preaches - discipline and moving their feet. The PP can be better. So far the second line has not played like one. It's up to each player to rise up here. Our boat has a slow leak - get a bucket please!! ;)

lostsheep
10-27-2010, 07:36 PM
I agree mental toughness is key. Disipline, and keep your feet moving to avoid bad penalties. We still have not played a full 60min game. I hope it starts to sink in soon.
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

wango tango
10-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Gotta get back on track. Mentally I think the team needs to wake up and stay out of the penalty box and bring a solid effort in the second periods. The coach preaches - discipline and moving their feet. The PP can be better. So far the second line has not played like one. It's up to each player to rise up here. Our boat has a slow leak - get a bucket please!! ;)

one thing with this team over the last number of years, since it has started to contend for the east division title, winning it a couple years back, finishing second to brandon last year, currently in first this season, is they play better when they don't buy into the hype. when they start believing all the smoke being blown up their rears they stumble. when they think they're good enough to win without the work bad things happen.

this team is overachieving. they are one of the youngest teams in the whl, and are currently one of the top teams in the whl. the strength of the team is defense and goaltending as those areas are veteran groups. the forwards are very young, and so it makes sense that after the veteran first line, the others are so-so.

with the tough times after the first line, anybody can see why molleken would want to trade for a scoring winger to add to the second line and improve the lineup. that's why the ashton rumors continue, and why molleken is probably talking to other teams too.

wango tango
10-28-2010, 09:25 AM
I agree mental toughness is key. Disipline, and keep your feet moving to avoid bad penalties. We still have not played a full 60min game. I hope it starts to sink in soon.

i'd say the medicine hat game was a full 60 minutes. and look at the result there. when this team works hard good things happen. they're young and not so hugely talented they can just show up and expect to win.

Hockey Spy
10-28-2010, 09:55 AM
I disagree with the comment about the Blades defence being a "veteran group". Some night, they have 3 17 yr olds in the lineup and each night they have 4 guys who are 1st or 2nd year players.

The goalies are a veteran group forsure!

wango tango
10-28-2010, 04:12 PM
I disagree with the comment about the Blades defence being a "veteran group". Some night, they have 3 17 yr olds in the lineup and each night they have 4 guys who are 1st or 2nd year players.

The goalies are a veteran group forsure!

the d is a veteran group. the core of zahn, elliott, siemens, and thrower. there are no rookies there, young yes, rookies no. kiziuk is no rookie. vandane and dietz are rookies, but neither is a 16 year old newbie.

the blades if they are looking to improve need to add some firepower to the top two lines. i hope it can be done using stock piled picks, and a list player instead of somebody already on the roster.

lostsheep
10-28-2010, 05:20 PM
I agree with the list player, and a few drafts, but i also would like to keep a few picks for the future, as the draft is the only real way to ensure future stable growth
________
Lesbian fisting (http://www.****tube.com/categories/728/fisting/videos/1)

RenegadeStylings
10-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Steven Stanford leaves practice with a possible concussion yesterday. Must be pretty serious as they have already recalled Adam Todd to fill in for the upcoming road trip. Bad, bad news.

Stanford has been the backbone for this team this year.

lordstanley
10-29-2010, 10:52 AM
I feel bad for Stanford but i feel very very comfertable with Morrison between the pipes nice to have depth at that position when things like this happen

Trav
10-29-2010, 11:25 AM
I hope Stanford isn't gone for very long, now the defense is going to feel the pressure, having a inconsistent goaltender in net behind them. Hopefully they give Todd a start.

wango tango
10-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Steven Stanford leaves practice with a possible concussion yesterday. Must be pretty serious as they have already recalled Adam Todd to fill in for the upcoming road trip. Bad, bad news.

Stanford has been the backbone for this team this year.

we're all going to find out this weekend just how much confidence the team has in morrison. why is it he makes a great save, then let's in a soft one? consistency. couple of big games this weekend in red deer and calgary.

rebels are going to want to avenge their loss at home to saskatoon earlier this season, the hitmen are struggling and will want to break out of their slump, it's also a short turnaround with an early afternoon start time in calgary.

lordstanley
10-29-2010, 11:32 AM
I hope Stanford isn't gone for very long, now the defense is going to feel the pressure, having a inconsistent goaltender in net behind them. Hopefully they give Todd a start.

Yes Trav we all know how much you dislike Morrison it's been said over and over

As for the weekend i think the Blades will split

Trav
10-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Yes Trav we all know how much you dislike Morrison it's been said over and over

As for the weekend i think the Blades will split

Don't dislike the guy, i DISLIKE his inconsistency and we all know how Morrison is ur hero lol.

lordstanley
10-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Don't dislike the guy, i DISLIKE his inconsistency and we all know how Morrison is ur hero lol.

Don't worry we all find someone inconsistant like i do with trasks game lol

lostsheep
10-29-2010, 03:04 PM
its a good test for Morrison. Hmm sounds like the shoe is on the other foot, lets see how Adam Morrison responds to not being the one with a concussion, and having to step up for the team. This could hurt or could be a confidence builder for Adam. Time will tell and i think he has been playing good so far. Keep it up Adam we need it.
________
The Cigar Boss (http://thecigarboss.com/)

lordstanley
10-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Oh btw Trav Morrison is not my hero you are :D

RenegadeStylings
10-30-2010, 12:47 PM
For those who haven't seen it yet....here's the 3rd jersey the Saskatoon Blades will be wearing November 12th against the Portland Winter Hawks...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Hy2MuDrVWLs/TMvTjjGCDlI/AAAAAAAAAJo/dMIXgTt4Nkk/s320/PBR+Jersey.jpg

sbtatter
10-30-2010, 12:49 PM
For those who haven't seen it yet....here's the 3rd jersey the Saskatoon Blades will be wearing November 12th against the Portland Winter Hawks...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Hy2MuDrVWLs/TMvTjjGCDlI/AAAAAAAAAJo/dMIXgTt4Nkk/s320/PBR+Jersey.jpg

Is that supposed to look similar to denim? It's bad.

RenegadeStylings
10-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Blades playing well by the sounds of things in Calgary so far, up 1-0.

Refs definitely aren't giving them much help, as usual.

RenegadeStylings
10-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Stefan Elliott scores in the final minute and the Blades are up 4-3 in Calgary.

RenegadeStylings
10-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Blades win 5-3 after Hamilton hits the empty net.

BigCat20
10-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Much better effort, big win! Coaches message must have been received!

Backhand
10-31-2010, 06:56 PM
When the Blades score 4 or more we win, when they don't, we loose (1 exception vs PA - a 3-2 win). What's the deal with the PP? The coaches have a plan and I give them full credit for sticking to it but the PP should be scoring more often - perhaps trying a new version?

I'm so thankful we have Les L to listen to on the radio and NOT the gay guys (not that there's anything wrong with that) from Calgary. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Backhand
10-31-2010, 08:04 PM
Oops - 2 exceptions 2 -1 win vs RD.

BigCat20
11-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Couple of questions/statements:

1) What is with Zahn.....he looks even slower & continually being beat to the outside. He looks nothing like the player of last year(injury?).....& only 1 point!
Acolatse has 16 points and easily could have filled Zahn's role(toughness, shut-down D) with the upside of running the PP. I think Zahn was named captain too early....then how could you move him? Anyone else see this this way?

2) Wondering why Hockey Spy wasnt on here, spouting off how it was a "lucky win" or "win against a tired team" yesterday. Either way, he'll have a point to make.....the blades dont win the east &/or finish around .500 or they inevitably make a move or 2, that he can claim put them over the top. He sound abit like a former blades employee that was let go! Dont know who else could continually make the same point with so much bitterness!

Hockey Spy
11-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Nothing wrong with a .500 team. They will be a .500 in the end unless they add another defenceman and a bit more scoring.

There is more to a player than just points. I'm sure most teams would take Zahn over Sena!

BigCat20
11-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Nothing wrong with a .500 team. They will be a .500 in the end unless they add another defenceman and a bit more scoring.

There is more to a player than just points. I'm sure most teams would take Zahn over Sena!

Do you have anything to back up your thoughts except (1) nothing wrong with a .500 team (2) no secondary scoring. Thats all you got! Maybe you should come back when you have 1 ounce of a logical thought to post. Look at most teams, they rely on the top line to do the bulk of scoring. Most of the blades problems are the 2 lopsided losses(7-0, 7-1), which would bring there GF/GA to a respecable level. And not getting the most out of the goaltending/defense every night!

Yah it would be nice to add a another scorer and top d but so would every team, which inturn would make them much better. Like saying winning the lotto would make ones life easier. Really....no ****!

P.A., Brandon, Regina aren't getting the goaltending they need to compete. MJ and Swift GF/GA very close to the Blades. So those teams need to start beating the "good" teams to have any chance. And beat some of the bad teams....Swifts lost to the pats 3 times already.

Your complaint about the Blades is scoring and poor d. Well Sena would sure shore up that, wouldnt he! Im not knocking Teagan, he's a good kid and great team guy but when anyone with decent speed can walk around him, thats a problem. Especially for a top 4 dman & captain! I think there is some loyalty to a guy who was drafted and spent all his time here. Love to see them 2 drop the gloves against each other!

P.S. Yah there is something wrong with a .500 team, they arent gonna win it all. We have seen to many metdiocre teams here! And have been lucky to have teams find success during the reg season but not in the playoffs. The core of the team is older and need a deep playoff run. Why not now.....only a handful of strong teams to compete with. There isnt the really deep hitman or giants teams.....Like the slogan says "Its our time"! So suck rocks Hockey Spy before I drive you!

Hockey Spy
11-01-2010, 12:44 PM
The fact of the matter is that the Blades struggles on the road have a lot to do with the fact they don't have that solid 3rd line they have had in seasons past. Teams can now line up their first or second line against that line when the Blades are on the road.

Also, as far as the defence is concerned. The Blades are really lacking another true veteran back there to play on the 2nd or 3rd pairing. If they have visions of being a true contender this year, they will have to address that. Lorne is losing confidence in Kizuik and Vandane even fast than I'm losing my confidence that you'll have a good post in the near future!

Even more, Saskatoon has just 3 goals from its 2,3,4 line centers combined! That is hardly championship material for this year anyway. The future looks bright at Center, no denying that but really they will need to address this quickly.

Looks like the Jake Trask experiment might be almost over as well. He just doesn't fit in to the systems in Saskatoon. It does take time but he's a veteran player who is struggling to say the least.

Matej Stransky is not a 2nd line caliber player in the WHL yet either. He is having some problems with the language barrier and is having troubles being on the same page as his linemates Benson and Dziurzynski.

GOGOL needs to go as well.

lordstanley
11-01-2010, 01:42 PM
The fact of the matter is that the Blades struggles on the road have a lot to do with the fact they don't have that solid 3rd line they have had in seasons past. Teams can now line up their first or second line against that line when the Blades are on the road.

Also, as far as the defence is concerned. The Blades are really lacking another true veteran back there to play on the 2nd or 3rd pairing. If they have visions of being a true contender this year, they will have to address that. Lorne is losing confidence in Kizuik and Vandane even fast than I'm losing my confidence that you'll have a good post in the near future!

Even more, Saskatoon has just 3 goals from its 2,3,4 line centers combined! That is hardly championship material for this year anyway. The future looks bright at Center, no denying that but really they will need to address this quickly.

Looks like the Jake Trask experiment might be almost over as well. He just doesn't fit in to the systems in Saskatoon. It does take time but he's a veteran player who is struggling to say the least.

Matej Stransky is not a 2nd line caliber player in the WHL yet either. He is having some problems with the language barrier and is having troubles being on the same page as his linemates Benson and Dziurzynski.

GOGOL needs to go as well.

I totally agree with this post there is no question the Blades are over acheiving so far they don't have the team to win it all this year what there missing is Barrie on defense and on offense Glennie and AShton to be a top notch team

Hockey Spy
11-01-2010, 01:53 PM
How about:

Tyson Barrie

For

Lukas Sutter and 2nd round bantam pick via PG

lordstanley
11-01-2010, 02:34 PM
How about:

Tyson Barrie

For

Done and Done :D

Trav
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
How about:

Tyson Barrie

For

What the Blades NEED most is a speedy, dangly type scorer. An Erat type player.

lostsheep
11-01-2010, 03:44 PM
y not try to bring Gallimore back, he was a good fit, we dont need as much toughness, and he knows the coaches and players.
________
HOW TO USE AN IOLITE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

lordstanley
11-01-2010, 03:52 PM
y not try to bring Gallimore back, he was a good fit, we dont need as much toughness, and he knows the coaches and players.

Gallimore was one of the most inconsistant players i have ever seen Lorne traded the guy cause he was very lazy

lostsheep
11-01-2010, 03:54 PM
still puts the points up at the end of the season. Hes not the most consistent but wouldnt cost alot either.
________
BONDAGE GIRL LIVE (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/fetish/bdsm/)

Hockey Spy
11-01-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't think Gallimore is the type of player they need.

Saskatoon needs an Inglis type player who has speed and skill at the very worst and at the very best a Glennie type player. Glennie is off to a slow start but has proven he can score if given the chance with good players.

Ashton - not so sure about really.

lostsheep
11-01-2010, 03:59 PM
IMO some of the more dangly players either would not be available ( Weal, Nugent-Hopkin, and others ) or would cost some the futures depth. There may be teams looking for toughness, but we let that go with Mcnaught. I dont think Gogol is heavy wieght material. So i comes down to what would you pay and i think our first line is solid. we need secondary points, the type Gallimore, Barrie, Glennie, Bubnick, St.Crox could provide at a decent cost
________
Download replay starcraft2 (http://screplays.com/replays)

lordstanley
11-01-2010, 04:49 PM
If we got gallimore i would be mad he isn't even averging a point per game he is very lazy and a selfish hockey player

Backhand
11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Well certainly if the right deal comes up it will happen. I think the Blades have some time on their side as I'd like to see more teams actually declare that they are in a re-tooling mode & perhaps a 92 born player wanting a trade. So far the coach has not said anything about the lack of scoring. Mostly discipline and executing the game plan.

lordstanley
11-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Blades offense ranks 10th right now goals per game i would say thats not championship worthy

Trav
11-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Well maybe the Blades wouldn't be taking stupid penalties if they added more speed. I'd like them to go after Bubnick from the Hitmen, the Hitmen are rebuilding and I can see Bubnick being traded. Trade Sutter for him. Wruck would also help, small, speedy forward.

lostsheep
11-02-2010, 08:13 AM
I would agree with both players Wruck or Bubnick would be helpful. Bubnick comes with the added experience for the playoffs. The water skiing is a sign of poor conditioning, Bews has not played nearly as well as he did last year. We do have a little time, but really we need to address the loss of Inglis, and Sena soon. we all knew Gaelan wouldnt be back but Marek would be. Second and third line contibutions to the score sheet is needed, and not in the penalty column.
________
Honda cb400 (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CB400)

lostsheep
11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
One player who has played very well for us this year is Braden Johnson. He has worked hard every game i have seen him in. He is puting a few points up and forchecks very well. Keep it up Braden.
________
ALFONSO DE PORTAGO (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Alfonso_de_Portago)

Rye
11-03-2010, 12:41 AM
One player who has played very well for us this year is Braden Johnson. He has worked hard every game i have seen him in. He is puting a few points up and forchecks very well. Keep it up Braden.

He has a pretty deece wrist shot, it would be nice to see it used more often.

wango tango
11-03-2010, 11:35 AM
the team is giving up way too many goals against. this falls on everybody. forwards, defensemen, and goaltending.

is it a coincidence since stanford went down the team is 1-3? draw your own conclusion. morrison can be a good vet backup, i don't know if he can be a regular starter. too inconsistent, mental toughness has to improve. morrison has talent, but has to get his head right.

i'm guessing once stanford is cleared to play again, morrison is traded. can you get a top six forward with a second round bantam pick and a prospect from the 50 man list?

the lack of a full 60 minute game by this team is troubling and puzzling. the work ethic has to come up.

Backhand
11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
The only concern I have is our PP. I thought Bews looked better last night. Watch out if Collins, Trask trades really work out.

lostsheep
11-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Bews looked better maybe he seen what happens when you take poor penalties.Trask had is best game as a Blade and i hope it continues. Braden Johnson had a good game again too. Whats with sitting Daae regularly? Nice to see Alex Elliott show some emotion last night too, even if he took a few shots.
________
Nexium help (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

lordstanley
11-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Bews looked better maybe he seen what happens when you take poor penalties.Trask had is best game as a Blade and i hope it continues. Braden Johnson had a good game again too. Whats with sitting Daae regularly? Nice to see Alex Elliott show some emotion last night too, even if he took a few shots.

Tonight should be interesting i hope the Blades come out crashing and banging trying to run guys thru the boards cleanly of course try to hit Eakin all night long

lordstanley
11-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I say this cause thats how we win games with Emotion crashing and banging playing with heart we don't have the speed most teams do so this may throw teams like swifty off a bit

Trav
11-03-2010, 07:18 PM
And I say, dont u know there's an edit button haha.

lordstanley
11-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Says the man who starts a new thread for last nights game when we already have a reg season chat thread lol

Trav
11-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Nothing wrong in having a seperate game thread, least it'd be easier to find comments about the game then having to go through 23 pages or so of posts of all sorts of stuff on this current thread.

As for tonite's game, nice to see the Blades win but 4 goals allowed isn't going to help the team out in the future against the top teams all the time.

Looks like Collins had a pretty good game, a goal and an assist. Way to go Collins!!!

lordstanley
11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
I watched the game via webcast the last 2 periods we looked like the Blades of last year with a very good forcheck just buzzing around everywhere

Collins did look good his goal was a beauty of a 1 timer on the pp from the top of the circle

Rye
11-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Nothing wrong in having a seperate game thread, least it'd be easier to find comments about the game then having to go through 23 pages or so of posts of all sorts of stuff on this current thread.

As for tonite's game, nice to see the Blades win but 4 goals allowed isn't going to help the team out in the future against the top teams all the time.

Looks like Collins had a pretty good game, a goal and an assist. Way to go Collins!!!

I actually have to agree with you, it's much easier to read comments about games with separate threads ... maybe a sub sub forum just for games ... that would be nice.

Backhand
11-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Davis Vandane and Austin Daae have been reassigned to club teams. Best of luck to them.

lordstanley
11-04-2010, 05:06 PM
I wonder if a trade is brewing for a dman cause now with Vandane gone were left with 6 defensemen not enough to carry you need atleast 7 guys in case of a injrury

Maybe Tommy Stipancik is close to being healthy who knows as it stands now we have 13 fowards 6 defense and 2 goaltenders

Backhand
11-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Tommy is sidelined till early January.

RenegadeStylings
11-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah Tommy won't be medically cleared to play until the new year.

Backhand
11-04-2010, 05:13 PM
With the recent moves - I wonder if the coaches just want to role with the current team for a while. No injuries allowed! :)

lordstanley
11-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Blades should go get tyson Barrie or Jared Cowen lol i heard Cowen isn't happy in Spokane

Backhand
11-04-2010, 05:21 PM
What's a player like Barrie worth in terms of liner/picks?

lordstanley
11-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Well when you think Barrie think Elliott or close too

RenegadeStylings
11-04-2010, 05:54 PM
The Blades won't be getting Barrie or Cowen.

Barrie is an offensive defenseman, something we already have in Elliott. If we were going to get someone it would be a solid two way defender and not likely a big name.

Last night was truly the nail in the coffin for both players re-assigned. Daae took two careless penalties that ended up in PP goals for Swift Current. And Vandane had two bad turnovers on the very first shift, was benched and didn't see much ice after that.

Trav
11-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Blades must be doing something with their defense. I can see Kizuk being gone to eventually, he doesnt play much and really hasn't impressed me much this year.

lordstanley
11-04-2010, 07:30 PM
The Blades won't be getting Barrie or Cowen.

Barrie is an offensive defenseman, something we already have in Elliott. If we were going to get someone it would be a solid two way defender and not likely a big name.

Last night was truly the nail in the coffin for both players re-assigned. Daae took two careless penalties that ended up in PP goals for Swift Current. And Vandane had two bad turnovers on the very first shift, was benched and didn't see much ice after that.

Well thank god you aint GM of the team

lordstanley
11-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Blades must be doing something with their defense. I can see Kizuk being gone to eventually, he doesnt play much and really hasn't impressed me much this year.

Kiziuk has got alot worse since last season the guy looks lost out there

RenegadeStylings
11-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Well thank god you aint GM of the team

Why do you say that?

Just trying to be realistic.

You don't just go out and pick up high high high end players like Barrie and Cowen like it's nothing.

BigCat20
11-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Barrie would take atleast a high-end prospect and an early to mid-round pick. Hamilton has said it will take something to blow his socks off to move him. Its still early, no ones out of it this early in the season unless you're the Pats!!!

lordstanley
11-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I never said it would happen nor do i think it would but man oh man Lorne said before the season started he wanted to make a serious run this year and if thats the case you kind of need to make moves like that i personally think the Blades are a Barrie and a Glennie type players away from doing magic things this season

Blades could use a Barrie cause after eliott there isn't really a offensive type dman sure siemens has 10 points but he is more suited as a shut down guy and im sure he would want that

wango tango
11-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Lorne said before the season started he wanted to make a serious run this year

really? i don't remember hearing, reading, or seeing anything like that for this year. care to post a link, or audio?

three things have to be dealt with: discipline, penalty kill, team defense. with gogol's trade, and vandane and daae getting reassigned the first is being dealt with. have to think with molleken's goaltending and defense first attitude the pk and defense will get taken care of real soon too.

wango tango
11-04-2010, 10:18 PM
this team is missing a guy like sam klassen so much. klassen ate up big minutes, he was mobile, strong in his own end, physical, and disciplined. getting a dman like that isn't easy. any team would be better for adding a barrie type player, it's just not what saskatoon needs on defense.

the other need is a top six forward. would molleken trade a guy from the 50 man list, plus one of the stock piled picks from next seasons bantam draft for a top six forward?

lordstanley
11-05-2010, 12:06 AM
It's really simple if Lorne doesn't go out at the deadline and get a a sniper and 1 more dman expect and another second round exit if your happy making the second round then good on ya i guess the PPL list stays strong