PDA

View Full Version : Anderson and Fyten lead Canes to victory

HURRICANE'S ROCK
09-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Anderson and Fyten lead Canes to victory over the Hitmen which is a much bigger deal than it may seem. Nothing better for the young kids than to start off with a victory. No. this is not the Calgary team of the past few years but a win is a win. Was it pretty? No.
It seems Anderson will be the key to the Canes season and that is not a bad thing. Having a good puck stopper is crucial for any team to advance beyond what others may expect from them. Remember Halak? Anderson just may be the difference between a playoff spot or a race to stay out of the basement.
>
On another note; it must have been great for those first year Canes players to play their very first game in the WHL and of all places, the Saddledome. Quite a unique and I am sure an unforgettably good experience. However, for a really unique experience, wait unitl they get a taste of playin in the Hat's loud, antiquated barn. I am sure there will be a few nervous moments the first time the new kids are on the ice and the Hat fans get on them.

****************MEM CUP IN L.A. IN 2013*****************

hitmanfan
09-25-2010, 08:47 PM
The Hat has gotten a lot quieter in the last few years. Not much different than anywhere else now.

sbtatter
09-25-2010, 08:53 PM
The Hat has gotten a lot quieter in the last few years. Not much different than anywhere else now.

Very true

shushu
09-25-2010, 10:56 PM

with willy being gone and Mr disaster aka brad McEwen at the helm.........

Tiger Trauma
09-25-2010, 11:42 PM

unfortunately I agree, at least during regular season games. In the playoffs fans up the ante but it hasn't been the same for a couple years.

Dylan Tait played unbelievable tonight. The Tigers had the canes under seige for the first half of the game, but he made the chances look like average shots on net.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
09-26-2010, 03:46 AM
They are still a lot louder than Canes fans and in much closer proximity to the ice.

grainbear
09-26-2010, 08:34 AM
We need to get with our offense in first period. At the end of the season a win is still a win but this team needs to be ready from the get go and not count on our goaltenders to win them the games which they did. Full marks to both Tait and Anderson on that. However, I think we need to see production come from more than the top two lines. the veterans have so far stepped up and have played well but now we need the 1st and 2nd year players begin to chip in as well as we head for the coast latter this week. I also was impressed with Yadlowski and Oslanski in game one and perhaps we need to go back to that pairing on defense rather then Reddington and Yadlowski who did not seem to have the same chemistry in the Hat. Anyways, we will take it and we already have 10 % of our wins from last season. Happy result !

Gilligans
09-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Stealing two home openers in our division is awesome. I don't care if these are early season games, they are still worth 4 points in the end so we have to be happy with the result, and that the team is figuring out how to win games. I agree with the caution though that we can't rely on the goalies to have outstanding games every night, so hopefully they can withstand the pressure while the team works out the glitches to get the shots down for the opposition and tack on more shots from our other lines.

All in all, Preston has put together some winning combinations early. The tests will be Everett next week and Kootenay on the 9th in our barn. Go Canes!! Good job boys!

O&C
09-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Great to see the team get off to a good start! Last year was tough to swallow but it looks like they are taking big steps forward. I cant wait to see the Enmax Center inside and to finally watch some hockey live in person again! I though I would mention that if you want to watch highlights of the Canes first game in Calgary they are up on the official Hurricanes site. Looks like Brae's has really worked on his wrist shot and puck control. Make a nice move on the break.

On a side note, it looks like the Canes made some minor changes to the jerseys this year too. Most noticeable are the numbers on the front of the jerseys just under the main crest... Im not normally a fan, but because of the already simple design of the crest I think the numbers work well to "fill" in the the sweaters a bit. Just my 2 cents

shushu
09-26-2010, 02:44 PM
preston said before the year even started that they would be shoping around for a 18 year old scorer to add to the bunch...so as for working out the glitches it probably more to do with working out who belongs here and who doesn't...it must be painfully clear to players like ross, tarnasky, reners,moser even hood that if their gameplay doesn't improove they might be out the door....... with that being said,i can see a major trade happening within the next month or so if certain things dont change......tri city's has our problem but in reverse their loaded with good forward but are lacking abit on there back end...i could something happening between these to teams again..............IMO

2speak4all
09-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I have to agree with Shushu.. trades seem to go well with the US division and I can see Preston making something happen with one of them. Im sure there will be a a couple of forwards and D'man or 2 getting moved and time will tell where. Weekend games were great and Canes are looking good in the goalie dept. Hopefully everyone can hang onto their game play and keep their mindset onto the game of the night while working towards the big picture -- PLAYOFFS!!