PDA

View Full Version : Who likes this idea?

Boltz9
09-26-2010, 09:09 PM
I posted this on eBrandon but I thought I might as well get everyone on here to post their thoughts too.

The WHL launched its new video service 'WHL Live' and one of the new things that is included is the ability to broadcast at public venues. Last night's game was shown at a sports bar in Regina, "Pats fans can watch the game at the Press Box Sports Bar tonight via the WHL webcast which will be linked to the big screens" - Rod Pederson.

I think it would be awesome if a sports bar in town would do this for all away Wheat King games, just think of the business they would get with all the hardcore fans coming to watch and buying food and drinks at the same time.

Here's more info about broadcasting at public venues... http://yyz.neulion.com/static/hockey/whl/public-venues/

Who else would like to see this happen?

dagley
09-26-2010, 09:25 PM
I posted this on eBrandon but I thought I might as well get everyone on here to post their thoughts too.

The WHL launched its new video service 'WHL Live' and one of the new things that is included is the ability to broadcast at public venues. Last night's game was shown at a sports bar in Regina, "Pats fans can watch the game at the Press Box Sports Bar tonight via the WHL webcast which will be linked to the big screens" - Rod Pederson.

I think it would be awesome if a sports bar in town would do this for all away Wheat King games, just think of the business they would get with all the hardcore fans coming to watch and buying food and drinks at the same time.

Here's more info about broadcasting at public venues... http://yyz.neulion.com/static/hockey/whl/public-venues/

Who else would like to see this happen?

Definitely would be nice. Perhaps Boston Pizza.

Boltz9
09-26-2010, 09:30 PM

For sure, wonder if anyone on here knows the manager of any sports bar in town and could get this done. They would make serious cash if they showed all the away games.

Allin44
09-26-2010, 09:32 PM

Wonder what it would cost to get the broadcast rights for that?

reims
09-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Wonder what it would cost to get the broadcast rights for that?

dont think its a big deal....the blades did it all last season at joe dogs..on the big screens

dagley
09-26-2010, 09:46 PM
It be nice to see.