PDA

View Full Version : Mackenzie Gone Home

Sabes
09-27-2010, 07:12 AM
http://www.paherald.sk.ca/Sports/Hockey/2010-09-27/article-1795530/Mackenzie-leaves-Raiders%2C-returns-home/1

Raider Believer
09-27-2010, 07:25 AM
http://www.paherald.sk.ca/Sports/Hockey/2010-09-27/article-1795530/Mackenzie-leaves-Raiders%2C-returns-home/1

Agent asked for trade or release. Release given. Very disappointing.

Chipchura_Fan
09-27-2010, 07:31 AM
horrible news... I really liked the kid

bigjimmer
09-27-2010, 07:52 AM
This kid's attitude really disappoints me seems like a ?me? first type player. I for one would let him sit; it's a privilege to play in the Western Hockey League not a right, how many other 16 or 17 yr old kids would give up everything for a shot to play in the dub? As for his parents, time to cut the apron strings and realize this isn?t minor hockey anymore?but out!!!

Let him sit Bruno, no one player is bigger than a team.....:burningmad:
________
Upskirt Office (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1123/office/videos/1)

SaskHockeyFan
09-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Would whomever is keeping track of it add him to the official list of players that Bruno has pi**ed off enough that they want out of the Raiders. It's not about "another Dad ruining his kids hockey career" as you said on the other forum Sabes. Maybe it's is about the GM or coaches pissing off a kid so much that the kid would rather give up the game he has played and loved for as long as he can remember rather than stay where he is. Only the kid and his Dad know what was promised him so maybe just maybe the kid is justified in asking out. I am the first to say that a kid should be playing for the team that drafted him and not holding out before you even get there. However, once the kid has been there, maybe he doesn't want to play for a certain style of coach. He has to suck it up for 4-5 years of his life and put up with whatever that coaches have to offer. By the sounds of it he asked for his release and it has now been given. If he is able to crack the league a different team will pick him up. If not he isn't the "special player" that his agent feels he is. Maybe the kid doesn't want the commitment level that the WHL demands. He did after all ask for his release not a trade by the sounds of it.

chalk_one_up
09-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Not everytime when you have a disagreement do you need to quit because life will hand you a variety of challenges. With that said, I think there is more going on behind the scenes than most realize and this type of thing is becoming a yearly occurrence with Bruno and the players.

WorkHorse
09-27-2010, 08:29 AM
This kid is 16 years old, and has gone through an experience that would shake up most adults. As a parent it gives me chills to think of how badly things could have gone in the other direction if this burglar had had a weapon. I think people need to give this family some leeway, maybe deep down they just want him home.

Raider Believer
09-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Not everytime when you have a disagreement do you need to quit because life will hand you a variety of challenges. With that said, I think there is more going on behind the scenes than most realize and this type of thing is becoming a yearly occurrence with Bruno and the players.

He's getting quite a history, Penner, Aasman, Persley, Harrison, MacKenzie .... who did I miss.

chalk_one_up
09-27-2010, 08:38 AM
He's getting quite a history, Penner, Aasman, Persley, Harrison, MacKenzie .... who did I miss.

Vann and Martin. Or was Vann a part of the Anholt era?

SaskHockeyFan
09-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Blaine Tendler.

Wildeyes
09-27-2010, 10:54 AM
I liked the kid but come on he went from Jr B to the Whl. Hes gotta pay his dues he didnt have a strong game in stoon I was there. This was probably meant as a wake up call for the kid. And he blew it outa proportion it is a long season he was going to sit a couple of games. But really he goes from JR B to the WHL and expects to play every single game.

Hopefully he goes home and thinks long and hard about it comes back and plays his heart out.

Dwight Schrute
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
I just read the article and it seems like a real pi@@ poor attitude from the whole Mackenzie camp. I mean if you want a trade ask to be put on the blocks and then play your ass off to get noticed enough to get interest. And what is Bruno doing promising a rookie hes not going to sit and then sit him the first game ? AGGGH !

he didnt see much ice the first game...... yet balson did. maybe he got some balson envy ?

just bruno being bruno. just like when he promised both zemlak and stanford and their families that they would be the clear #1

im curious how bruno spins this to try to make himself look good.

this is how bruno opperates, promises parents and kids anything to get them to sign. another nail in the raiders coffin. this should really help recruiting.

Brandonite
09-27-2010, 12:10 PM
This is a rediculous story. This kid should be honoured that he got this opportunity to play in the dub! How many other Junior B players do you know are getting this opportunity at 16 years old?? Get over yourelf kid! Junior A to WHL is a major step, let alone Junior B. I hope he gets black-balled from this

Raider Believer
09-27-2010, 12:19 PM
he didnt see much ice the first game...... yet balson did. maybe he got some balson envy ?

just bruno being bruno. just like when he promised both zemlak and stanford and their families that they would be the clear #1

im curious how bruno spins this to try to make himself look good.

this is how bruno opperates, promises parents and kids anything to get them to sign. another nail in the raiders coffin. this should really help recruiting.

MacKenzie's Dad commented in JMacNeil's blog in the PA Herald>

"There have been discussions between Marc and Bruno and any issues or misunderstandings have been resolved very amicably. Clearly the expectations of each diverged at some point and they have had a conversation and dealt with it in a gentlemanly fashion. Marc has been given an outright release and will take a week or so to decide which direction he wishes to go. There doesn't need to be any finger pointing in either direction. Marc wishes Bruno and the team every success this season and Bruno has been very gracious in his comments. In particular Marc will miss his billet Mom and sister. - Andrew MacKenzie (Marc's Dad)"

No one needs to get excited either positively or negatively on this one. I'm sure Bruno will try to find a trade for him and will do what's best for the team.

Dwight Schrute
09-27-2010, 12:19 PM
This is a rediculous story. This kid should be honoured that he got this opportunity to play in the dub! How many other Junior B players do you know are getting this opportunity at 16 years old?? Get over yourelf kid! Junior A to WHL is a major step, let alone Junior B. I hope he gets black-balled from this

junior b in bc is a higher league then in sk or mb. playing junior b at 16 in bc is a good route to go. many player jump from junior b to the dub. its a higher level then playing midget aaa again.

Allin44
09-27-2010, 04:44 PM
MacKenzie's Dad commented in JMacNeil's blog in the PA Herald>

"There have been discussions between Marc and Bruno and any issues or misunderstandings have been resolved very amicably. Clearly the expectations of each diverged at some point and they have had a conversation and dealt with it in a gentlemanly fashion. Marc has been given an outright release and will take a week or so to decide which direction he wishes to go. There doesn't need to be any finger pointing in either direction. Marc wishes Bruno and the team every success this season and Bruno has been very gracious in his comments. In particular Marc will miss his billet Mom and sister. - Andrew MacKenzie (Marc's Dad)"

No one needs to get excited either positively or negatively on this one. I'm sure Bruno will try to find a trade for him and will do what's best for the team.

Sounds to me like he was released so he'd have to go through waivers first, and then could pick whatever team he wants to play for.

Not 100% sure on the waivers, but I don't the Raiders can trade him now.

Raiderfan8
09-27-2010, 04:52 PM
I thought McKenzie was an outstanding hockey player and he deserved to play more then 4 or 5 shifts a game. I understand he is a rookie and has to pay " his dues " but his talent level far exceeded guys like Herle, Balson, Conner, Bourhis who were playing a regular shift. Raiders loss.

Raiderfan8
09-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Gone to the Bruins for a 12th round pick. haha nice trade.

Dwight Schrute
09-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Sounds to me like he was released so he'd have to go through waivers first, and then could pick whatever team he wants to play for.

Not 100% sure on the waivers, but I don't the Raiders can trade him now.
i think "release" was so he can play junior a or something in bc. the raiders can release him but retain his whl rights. similiar to how if schenn never reported mcrimmon could hold his rights and prevent him from going anywhere else in the dub

Raiderfan8
09-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Traded to Chilliwack so he will be in there line up shortly and playing lots.

Dwight Schrute
09-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Traded to Chilliwack so he will be in there line up shortly and playing lots.

chilliwack just got a lot better. jebus

Raiderfan8
09-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I'd have to say so ! Do you think Williams gets the start next game? I think he deserves it and would hate to see him go home! haha.

BruinsFan19
09-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Man, Habby always picks up Bruno's guys for practically nothing. Penner, Persley and now this kid. Penner ended up getting released from the Bruins but Persley has been great in the 2 games this season. Very in your face and gritty player. He had Kamloops way off their game on Saturday. Can't wait to see what this kid brings.

Allin44
09-27-2010, 05:22 PM
i think "release" was so he can play junior a or something in bc. the raiders can release him but retain his whl rights. similiar to how if schenn never reported mcrimmon could hold his rights and prevent him from going anywhere else in the dub

Ah yes, makes sense.

Thanks

Dwight Schrute
09-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Ah yes, makes sense.

Thanks

lol until as i posting he got shipped to chilliwack for a 12th rounder
geez. big shoes to fill

chalk_one_up
09-27-2010, 05:46 PM
If the team had a problem with what happened with the burglar then that's just stupid, ud think they'd support him.

My guess is they'll probably just sit there and reject every offer that they get for him and tell the other team that they want this and that for him. He sounds to be a good prospect, maybe the Blades should go after him.

Chilliwack just traded for him. Bruno didn't want to trade him within the division for fear that he'd come back to haunt the Raiders.

Saskaman
09-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Come on - he wants to be traded or released after ONE game? Not like he sat for 2 weeks? Not really a dedicated player. Sounds like his Dad got angry. Good luck kid, you're gonna need it.

Raiderfan8
09-27-2010, 07:16 PM
I had to laugh Bruno said they do a lot back ground work before they take a player or make a deal. I know for a fact when they gave Harrison up for Fiddler and Bourhis that nobody spoke to Dale Grayston the coach of Beardy's to ask about Fiddlers work ethic .

Dwight Schrute
09-27-2010, 07:33 PM
I dont know what side of the fence to get on here. If Bruno told the kid one thing like Mackenzie reported in the paper and sat him out the second game I understand why Mackenzie would be upset. But on the other side he is a rooke pay your dues. I am however upset that Bruno would be on the air getting upset at fans asking about a 12th round pick going to the Bruins again.... Bruno you spent a full year building this kid up as a big part of the Raiders and now you have to trade him for a 12th how do you expect fans to feel about the future? I know that theres better kids comming up but not everyone feels this way or has seen them.

plus now say a empty list spot is more valuable

Wildeyes
09-27-2010, 08:22 PM
On the plus side of it we got a draft pick for a list player

I wonder if they will bring back troy gasper now

Pretty early to trade him I was hoping he would come around and come back to the team. Hopefully habby doesn't sit him. Or marc might just be that 18 year old playing 3 line

RWiggum
09-29-2010, 01:14 PM
So if I understand this right, Gasper comes in works his butt off and gets sent home. McKenzie whines about ice time but stays.....anyone see a problem here

SaskHockeyFan
09-29-2010, 01:43 PM
It doesn't always matter if you "work your butt off", sometimes other players may be better suited to the team (i.e. are better). If two players are equal skill wise and one "works his butt off" it is usually that one would stay. They must not have been of equal ability then right. My guess is, Mackenzie only complained about ice time once and wanted out. I think it probably happened quick. Hard to trade a player for anything of value when everyone knows he won't play for you.

Saskaman
09-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Well put.

Saskaman
10-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Funny - Mark MacKenzie gone = RaiderBeliever also gone. As I began to suspect with his posts