PDA

View Full Version : 20 year old goalies

west coast
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
with some very good 20 year old goalies being placed on waivers ,is there an interest from the Pats? Hayes or Barnstable could win a few games for the Pats,it would be nice to give one of these goalies at least a trial run .

nivek_wahs
09-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Why not let the season get more than 2 games old first?

witness
09-29-2010, 08:52 AM
If the first two games are any indication, I am not unhappy with Ketlo's play.

patsdude114
09-29-2010, 02:46 PM
ok here is my comment coming from prob the guy who hates Ketlo the most on this forum.....

After watching the Pats in Brandon via webcast & then watching the game here in Regina Ketlo has played well, actually very well.

Yes Ketlo had a rough start to the game in Brandon but his 3rd period to give the Pats a chance was stellar. His appearance in Regina was prob his best home game i have ever seen him play. He made some fantasic saves, & didnt allow his normal "soft/weak" goal. He held the Pats in it only allowing 3 goals, not his fault that the Pats forwards (Weal/Ashton/Frazzee) couldnt get nothing going offensively.

I know this wont be a normal thing for this line, if Hunt keeps them together all year. Ashton just coming off his return to junior had a typical NHL hangover game, which im sure is out of his system now after practising with his WHL teammates for the past few days.

So as for the topic as of right now.... NO the Pats dont need to replace Ketlo, if anything we need a physcial Dman or 2 to give Ketlo some support.

But i also might add if Lang can upgrade our goaltending by adding in a 20 yr old goalie & maybe getting some type of market value for a Dman in dealing Ketlo then i would be fully ok with that as well

west coast
09-29-2010, 06:19 PM
i am not pressing the panic button after two games, but it seems like there is an upgrade available right now for the goaltending position.The Pats are playing with one under the limit for 20 year olds.Does GM Chad Lang feel that he can get a better 20 year old player by waiting for the 20 year old deadline which is looming.No disrespect to the goalies on the team right now but i feel that Barnstable and Hayes are an instant upgrade.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Unless its at a price we cant refuse for a goalie that is actually an upgrade, then goaltending will likely stay this way for the foreseeable future.

Besides, Id prefer the 20 year old spot goes to a defenceman with good instincts, preferably a physical one.

patsdude114
09-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Well tonight with Ketlo getting pulled after SC 3rd goal i still dont see a big panic, i mean all 3 goals Ketlo had zero chance of stopping anyways. The 4on3 PP goal was a great shot by Evans on the slap 1timer from the circle & Novotny's 2nd goal (30ish secs after his 1st goal) was off a lucky bounce of a blocked shot right to his stick for a easy goal.

I really liked how Guhle played after replaceing Ketlo. I hope his performance gets him the start against EDM on friday night. Guhle made a few good stops in the 3rd after the Pats tied it up & took the lead.

I still feel Guhle is the better choice between the pipes, but with that said im not blaming anything on Ketlo tonight or the home opener against BRN

animalx
09-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Vancouver Giants look desperate for a Goalie.
They should look at a trade, Ketlo and Sparrow( gotta fly ) for Tendler and a forward like Bret Lyon for more grit.

whlking
09-30-2010, 04:41 PM
I'd prefer that we acquire Stanford as our extra 20, and then trade Ashton to Kootenay for the likes of defenceman Jeff Hubic(Regina kid), plus others.

Allin44
09-30-2010, 07:10 PM
I'd prefer that we acquire Stanford as our extra 20, and then trade Ashton to Kootenay for the likes of defenceman Jeff Hubic(Regina kid), plus others.

If they are planning on getting rid of Stanford I would believe they would make every attempt to trade him west. Don't think they want to keep him in the division

patsdude114
10-02-2010, 12:03 AM

I really hope u drop this whole thing with Stanford soon.... no way in hell will the Pats get Stanford & dont hold ur breath at all for the Pats picking up a 20 yr old goalie at all.

If/when the Pats decide to use up there final 20 yr old spot look for it to be a Dman where the Pats are very weak. You can have any top goalie between the pipes but if your defense allows quality chances on a regular basis it wont matter who is between the pipes.

I do think Ashton will be dealt but wont be til around xmas time or trade deadline when he would be worth alot more in a trade. There is no need for the Pats to keep him around even if we are battling for a final playoff spot he is still pointless for us to keep.

Man i wish dumb ass Parker would of swallowed his pride last year & traded Eberle & Tuebert.

Horty
10-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Patsdude, I agree with your last point about Parker being a dumba$$, but he has no pride.

west coast
10-02-2010, 10:46 PM
the pats could also use a forward as they are a two line team, the bottom 2 lines are hardly a threat as hunt even put the 4th line on the pp tonight , the team can only get better