PDA

View Full Version : bruins top prospects

Dwight Schrute
09-29-2010, 09:33 AM
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/12333/tyler_seguin_debuts_as_boston_bruins_top_prospect/

ryan button is noticably absent. 7 dmen in their top 20 also.

SaskHockeyFan
09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
While I am not a Ryan Button fan, I will say that with the exception of 1 player, most of those players listed are 20 years old and older. He has time yet to develop into the player they HOPE he will be. That is all the draft is right. They draft players that they HOPE will develop into someone they can use in their system. Ryan may be slotted into an AHL not NHL career in their minds. I wouldn't have drafted him so high as I don't like his style of play but hey I am just some guy at a computer, not an NHL scout or GM. He can sure skate well but he takes me to the edge of my seat too often, in a bad way. Boston probably hopes that he improves his game to go along with his skating to a point where he is an asset to the club. I didn't check but all of the players listed as "top prospects" may be higher draft choices over the past number of years. The clubs do like to pump their own tires and stick to their high picks. Also, this is a "Hockey'sfuture" article, not an official Bruins ranking or release.

Dwight Schrute
09-29-2010, 04:05 PM
While I am not a Ryan Button fan, I will say that with the exception of 1 player, most of those players listed are 20 years old and older. He has time yet to develop into the player they HOPE he will be. That is all the draft is right. They draft players that they HOPE will develop into someone they can use in their system. Ryan may be slotted into an AHL not NHL career in their minds. I wouldn't have drafted him so high as I don't like his style of play but hey I am just some guy at a computer, not an NHL scout or GM. He can sure skate well but he takes me to the edge of my seat too often, in a bad way. Boston probably hopes that he improves his game to go along with his skating to a point where he is an asset to the club. I didn't check but all of the players listed as "top prospects" may be higher draft choices over the past number of years. The clubs do like to pump their own tires and stick to their high picks. Also, this is a "Hockey'sfuture" article, not an official Bruins ranking or release.
i thought he would crack their top 20

SaskHockeyFan
09-30-2010, 12:12 PM
He should crack the top 20 if he was developing as fast as the Bruins would like. Obviously either he isn't or other people have just developed more. Could it be coaching in PA that has slowed down his development? As I mentioned, this isn't official Bruins propaganda so it may not be what the organization feels.

Raider Believer
10-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Button will have to carry a big load now that Deck & Rowley are out of commission. Hope he stays healthy and for the first time in four years has a full season. GP (67) (70) (58)

jnofish1
10-26-2010, 05:30 PM
He should crack the top 20 if he was developing as fast as the Bruins would like. Obviously either he isn't or other people have just developed more. Could it be coaching in PA that has slowed down his development? As I mentioned, this isn't official Bruins propaganda so it may not be what the organization feels. not much for developing in pa look at the guys bruno let go with out any chance,or the guys who wanted out!!ie mackenzie

jnofish1
10-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Button will have to carry a big load now that Deck & Rowley are out of commission. Hope he stays healthy and for the first time in four years has a full season. GP (67) (70) (58)

wouldnt surprise me if button wanted out!!!

westbeach55
10-26-2010, 06:12 PM
haha mckenzie where is he playing last time i heard he was working at swiss chalet and pondering his career what a loss that was. a kid that wants out after sitting out one game we don't need, and as far as most of the players let go, where and what are they doing now ?

not much for developing in pa look at the guys bruno let go with out any chance,or the guys who wanted out!!ie mackenzie

jnofish1
10-26-2010, 06:28 PM
haha mckenzie where is he playing last time i heard he was working at swiss chalet and pondering his career what a loss that was. a kid that wants out after sitting out one game we don't need, and as far as most of the players let go, where and what are they doing now ?

yup im chuckling good point!!!!

Raider Believer
10-26-2010, 07:25 PM

According to the Chilliwack site and raiderfan15, he is playing Jr B with Kelowna Chiefs. And since when did a teenager getting a part-time job and going to high school constitute something to snicker at? Having said that, I think it is probable that the kid wasn't committed enough to playing in PA in the culture that Bruno demanded; the Raiders are better to go with players that want to be here, like Paslawski! Unfortunately, Tyler's patience and persistence wasn't rewarded, hate to say it but maybe MacKenzie knew something???

westbeach55
10-26-2010, 09:11 PM
i guess he is playing now with the chiefs all i was saying that he sits out one game and has a fit and leaves has nothing to do with culture around here when does a kid disctate what goes on. needs to pay his dues and earn his way in the dub

According to the Chilliwack site and raiderfan15, he is playing Jr B with Kelowna Chiefs. And since when did a teenager getting a part-time job and going to high school constitute something to snicker at? Having said that, I think it is probable that the kid wasn't committed enough to playing in PA in the culture that Bruno demanded; the Raiders are better to go with players that want to be here, like Paslawski! Unfortunately, Tyler's patience and persistence wasn't rewarded, hate to say it but maybe MacKenzie knew something???

Raider Believer
10-27-2010, 11:19 AM
i guess he is playing now with the chiefs all i was saying that he sits out one game and has a fit and leaves has nothing to do with culture around here when does a kid disctate what goes on. needs to pay his dues and earn his way in the dub

I kind of agree with you somewhat, but not close to 100%. There have got to be (culture) issues when a player of Harrison's calibre wanted out, Aasman wanted out, Ashim asked for trade, Basara choose Jr A, Lashuk won't commit and Mackenzie asked for a release or trade & we all know the saga of Cole Penner .... and all this within the past 12 months. I understand the history of earning your stripes and all that, but I'm thinking that the options for the players are that much wider now than the 'old' days. There is Jr. B, Jr A, USHL, College hockey and University Hockey all looking for players. The 'my way or the highway' approach may not be so effective anymore. Sure coaches like Habscheid, Hay and maybe McCrimmon can pull it off, but hey, they've got the chops and proven track records, unfortunately our guy doesn't, at least not yet. I think there will always be players that want to play in the WHL no matter what or where, but with the advent of agents and options ..... not as many as there used to be. True the WHL is the fastest way to the NHL if the player is super talented and determined to be a pro player, but not every player is zoned in on playing hockey beyond 19 years of age. Some just want to play at a high level but not deal with 4 minutes of ice per game and only play 5 games out of 14 like what Paslawski put up with .... and then get cut while watching other players like Balson be given undeserved opportunities. I wonder what Basara's answer would have been if Kelowna, Chilliwack or Vancouver held his rights? I think I already know the answer. Bruno has a tough job. Its not like little novice phenoms throughout western Canada daydream about playing hockey in Prince Albert, unless they live here. I'm sure its not easy convincing players to come and play and commit to Prince Albert without assurances being given about what they can expect. My fear is that its going to get even harder with what's gone on here this past year, not exactly a rosy scenario, especially if we are out of the playoff picture again. I was talking to a hockey Mom about a week ago, her kid is a '96 and will undoubtedly be drafted very high this bantam draft in May, he plays for an academy team. She made it very clear that regardless of where he is drafted, their decisions will be based on who drafts him. It ain't like the old days when a player was just proud and thrilled to be drafted into the dub. Once again.... options.

Dwight Schrute
10-27-2010, 12:00 PM
I kind of agree with you somewhat, but not close to 100%. There have got to be (culture) issues when a player of Harrison's calibre wanted out, Aasman wanted out, Ashim asked for trade, Basara choose Jr A, Lashuk won't commit and Mackenzie asked for a release or trade & we all know the saga of Cole Penner .... and all this within the past 12 months. I understand the history of earning your stripes and all that, but I'm thinking that the options for the players are that much wider now than the 'old' days. There is Jr. B, Jr A, USHL, College hockey and University Hockey all looking for players. The 'my way or the highway' approach may not be so effective anymore. Sure coaches like Habscheid, Hay and maybe McCrimmon can pull it off, but hey, they've got the chops and proven track records, unfortunately our guy doesn't, at least not yet. I think there will always be players that want to play in the WHL no matter what or where, but with the advent of agents and options ..... not as many as there used to be. True the WHL is the fastest way to the NHL if the player is super talented and determined to be a pro player, but not every player is zoned in on playing hockey beyond 19 years of age. Some just want to play at a high level but not deal with 4 minutes of ice per game and only play 5 games out of 14 like what Paslawski put up with .... and then get cut while watching other players like Balson be given undeserved opportunities. I wonder what Basara's answer would have been if Kelowna, Chilliwack or Vancouver held his rights? I think I already know the answer. Bruno has a tough job. Its not like little novice phenoms throughout western Canada daydream about playing hockey in Prince Albert, unless they live here. I'm sure its not easy convincing players to come and play and commit to Prince Albert without assurances being given about what they can expect. My fear is that its going to get even harder with what's gone on here this past year, not exactly a rosy scenario, especially if we are out of the playoff picture again. I was talking to a hockey Mom about a week ago, her kid is a '96 and will undoubtedly be drafted very high this bantam draft in May, he plays for an academy team. She made it very clear that regardless of where he is drafted, their decisions will be based on who drafts him. It ain't like the old days when a player was just proud and thrilled to be drafted into the dub. Once again.... options.

well put. i know it it were my kid id be more concerned about the program then the league. ncaa is becoming a more attractive option, and more and more bantam parents are viewing the whl as a meat market. you dont get 4 years guaranteed school in the whl. and you lose the option of ncaa. a guy like paslawski could have played 2 years sjhl, then had 4 years ncaa. now he lost all eligibility for 5 games in a raider uniform ? of 2-3 shifts.

lostsheep
10-27-2010, 12:04 PM
you all make good points, ice time is earned, however the coach has to be willing to develop talent and try new things too. with that many requests for trades, is it all the players? just a thought.
________
Body Science (http://bodyscience.ws/)

Dwight Schrute
10-27-2010, 12:16 PM
you all make good points, ice time is earned, however the coach has to be willing to develop talent and try new things too. with that many requests for trades, is it all the players? just a thought.

exactly. its not as though these are isolated incidents. which is why the questions arise.

westbeach55
10-27-2010, 05:09 PM
well i agree to a point, Aasman was traded which worked out well for us parker it would have been tough to play here with alll the stuff going on outside of hockey needed a change of scenery. basara simply made a choice ncaa might be the right choice with him being a smaller player also pretty tempting to play close to home and as far as aschim there is no room for him on the roster (not saying balson should be on there either) harrisson didnt play up to his potential here and thats all his fault (guess other people though the same thing why wasnt he on the canadian team and why wasnt he drafted) i think that mom should just be happy he gets drafted, i think its really sad to have an attitude like that. its the way hockey is right now lots of choices

clockwise
10-27-2010, 06:23 PM
remember paslawski was just a walk on player, and he was replaced on the roster by RJ Reed who has a better offensive upside than paslawski imo

HockeyGuru
10-28-2010, 11:25 PM
NCAA schollys aren't given out as freely as they once were,nor are they the guarenteed 4 years of FREE schooling(it cost parents a lot of money).They can basically cut you from a team anytime they want ie:taylor Stefishyn PG Cougars .
Paslawski got a year of schoolout of playing in the WHL,he isn't going to be a dominant player SJ player,he was never a elite prospect growing up .
Raiders lacked depth and still do..Herle,Balson,,Reed all look like Jr.A guys.

Whats going on with Fiddler...Bruno sure doesnt give him a chance to show his skills off.

Why didn't Austin Connor challenge Mcalrath????i know he is still trying to figure out how to be tough guy(it isn't natural for him)but they let Mcalrath do what evcer he wanted out there.

2 lines all year...going to be a tough January and February for the team!!!

westbeach55
10-29-2010, 12:28 AM
fiddler will develop he is young needs to work on his foot speed