PDA

View Full Version : Team List

Tinner
05-12-2005, 09:56 AM
have a nice day

Stay-Puft
05-12-2005, 02:13 PM
I would thouroughly enjoy various opinions on who stays as a 20-year old next year? I would think that Belle and Stoner are gone to the next level. Any thoughts? By the way, props to rebel39 for the post.

ams fan
05-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I would thouroughly enjoy various opinions on who stays as a 20-year old next year? I would think that Belle and Stoner are gone to the next level. Any thoughts? By the way, props to rebel39 for the post.
i hope bellsie and stoner get called up so that schnnnnneider, mcdonald and connors rule the coop. i would hate to lose any of those 3. and tho i'd miss luke hewitt as a scrapper, i think he and beeman should go.

HAF
05-12-2005, 04:34 PM
If it were up to me I think Schneider, Beeman, Conners should stay. Belle and Stoner will go pro. I too will miss hewitts fisticuffs but I think him and McDonald should go. I never have been much of a Mcdonald fan.

Stay-Puft
05-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Given the fact that Belle and Stoner will probably not be back, Schnieder and Conners have earned the right to stay as 20's. Those two gutted it out during the penalty kill, coming up with some big short-handed goals, while Beeman seemed to be in the penalty box with some rather "undisciplined" penalties. I like the courage of Hewitt, the guy will drop 'em with anyone, anytime. But I think Emmerson will assume that role this next year. McDonald will produce on the power-play because the guy can pass, although it seems that is all he can do plus the fact he seems to take nights off and avoids contact at all cost. But between Beeman and McDonald, I'll take McDonald. My hope: Schnieder, Conners, and McDonald (lesser of two evils).

AMS Princess
05-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Based on Stoner and Belle moving up, I would want the overagers be Schneider, Connors, and Beeman. I-Mac shows when he wants to play. His passes are very soft and he doesn't seem to want to shoot a goal half of the time. I also agree about him avoiding physical contact. It is like he doesn't want to check anybody. McDonald needs to show a balance because he looks too passive on the ice to me.

HAF
05-13-2005, 04:43 AM
"while Beeman seemed to be in the penalty box with some rather "undisciplined" penalties."

I really thought Beeman showed some fortitude and leadership the second half of the season though. I think as a 20 yr old he will really shine as a leader for the team.
I agree that McDonald seemed to be pretty gutless when it came to physical on the boards type of hockey. I just dont see him stepping up and leading this team the way Schneider or Beeman will.
Honestly I wish we could keep them all but Bob and the boys will have to cull the weakest links and I have faith that they will make the right choices.

Stay-Puft
05-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Problem is though is we have no/very little scoring and Beeman is no help in that area, while McDonald can contribute there. He is a pass-first, never shoot player, don't-hit-me player, but did show up in the playoffs. I believe he made the pass to Conners to win our only game in the series (sweet play). I hope though that the younger players will assume the leadership role because I don't see one in our 20's, maybe Schnieder.

ams fan
05-13-2005, 11:35 AM
if logan stephenson isn't made captain, i'll be really surprised. he seems to have the most natural leadership abilities (assuming bellsie and stoner move up). tho i saw matt schnnneider wearing the "A" at some point this year, so maybe he'll speak up. seems like he's more comfortable in the "unsung hero" role, tho.

and i agree about ian mcdonald. if he shows up like he did in the playoffs (and drops the "peaceful warrior" bit), he could be the pure scorer. but beeman seems to only score on luck. i'd rather have someone who can be counted on.

HAF
05-13-2005, 01:15 PM
"Problem is though is we have no/very little scoring and Beeman is no help in that area, while McDonald can contribute there."
Mc Donald only had three more goals then Beeman did in 04-05. Mc D had16 goals and Beeman had 13. I agree Beeman had a lot of PIM's but I'd rather see him on the ice rather then a guy that is afraid to tear his sweater or have any physical contact with the opposition.
I am just saying that froom what I saw in the second half of the season it looked to me like Beeman was gonna be a better leader.

Stay-Puft
05-13-2005, 03:55 PM
I would like to see them trade one or both for someone who can provide some physical play (McCaffery-type). Just a dream. And, did I hear something about a former teammate of Gracik coming here on the radio? He's listed on the PPL on the AMS website.

ams fan
05-13-2005, 05:03 PM
i'm hoping aaron boogard steps up and kicks some butts this year!

HAF
05-13-2005, 06:50 PM
i'm hoping aaron boogard steps up and kicks some butts this year!
I expect to see big things from Boogs this year.

Jovorock
05-14-2005, 05:27 PM
What will your defense be like when Belle goes to the AHL next year? Kelowna will lose Weber, Red Deer will lose Paneuf and Portland will lose coburn. That four big shoes to fill?

kelownakarl
05-15-2005, 07:22 PM
I see Jeff Obrand from Kelowna is on the Ams list.

Anyone know if he is playing there next year? He will be a 19 year old so he is on the Ams list for a reason i assume?

Brad
05-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Although I really like Connors and Hewitt because of the level of effort they bring every night, I think offense is again going to be somewhat scarce, so I would go with Schneider, McDonald and Beeman. Beeman has appeared and disappeared during his career, but on many nights in the final month of the season he was our best forward.