PDA

View Full Version : REG vs SC

patsdude114
09-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Well after abit of a slow start in the 1st & Novotny scoring 2 goals 30ish secs apart the Pats for the most part out skated the Broncos (which us Pats fans havent been able to say for quite a few years)

I think 1 of the weakest parts in the Pats game though is how quickly (err slowly) the defensemen move the puck up to the forwards. Late in the 2nd & the 3rd period i thought the Dmen moved the puck quicker up the ice (Blidstrand & Davidson move the puck the best out of the Pats Dmen)

I loved the pick of the Pats hardest worker tonight in Carter Ashton, he was giving the Broncos Dmen alot of problems all night by driving hard to the net for loose pucks. It didnt seem to effect the vetern Friesen though just his Dmen got frustrated with it. I thought Verdino was a tougher kid then he looked tonight, in the 2nd period on 1 particular play when Ashton drove hard to the net Verdino came up throwing a punch Ashton's way but when Ashton landed 1 of his own on Verdino's jaw Verdino backed down like a intimidated fool. The way Ashton was playing in the 2nd period i think could of helped SC if Verdino dropped the mits with Ashton by throwing another punch back Ashton's way. I personally think that was a turning point on the Broncos Dmen for the night.

Was a great game all around though, nothing really flashy on either side just a good skating game back & forth. The Broncos defense couldnt keep up with the Pats forwards on there cycles down low. Up until the 3rd period the only difference in the game was the Broncos were winning due to there more skilled forwards but i guess hard work pays off in the end. Something us Pats fans havent been able to say for a long time.

Oh & the Wheat Kings r now 3-0 after beating the Warriors, as much as i hate McCrimmond as long as he is there GM & Head Coach the WKs will never have a rebuilding season as he always seems to get the most out of his players year in & year out. I dont know how he hasnt won more Coach of the Year Awards.

whlking
09-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Is their any question any longer that Ketlo is NOT a WHL calibre starting goaltender?

If he starts v Edmonton, I for one will be scratching my head. I'm not saying Guhle is neccesarily the answer, but give the kid a chance as Ketlo had had more then enough chances. I'm just hoping, assuming the Blades stick with Morrisonn that GM Lang makes a serious push for Stanford from S'toon.

A couple of other notes.

-Real impressed with Colin Reddin. Personally, I'd be tempted to pair up him and Weal on the same line. I've always felt Ashton is a player that doesn't need a playmaker to pad his stats(which Reddin is). Two playmakers like that on one line would be dynamite.

- Anyone else have a few concerns on Cody Carlson's defensive part of the game? Until he shores this up, I'm not sure he is a reliable top four defenceman. I would explore trade options to see what is out their. A young lad like Landon Peel could more then handle Carlson's current assignment. This is a rebuilding year, so let's see the Pats rebuild!

witness
09-30-2010, 08:51 AM
The goals were not Ketlo's fault. A couple of bad bounces and a PP. I thought he may have tracked the 3rd goal better, but doubt that he would have saved it. None the less, I do think that Guhle should get the next start.

That was the best game I have seen Ashton play. Big man, good speed and hard to get off the puck. Now if he could only finish. I thought Frazee was much better last night. I think that Reddin is inconsistant and was prone to a bit of laziness last night. He could have had a goal in the second if after he finished his check he drove to the net.

In my opinion, the line that kept things going was the 4th line. From the start of the game, that line of kids skated and forechecked hard. Put the SC defense on their heels and they had no answer for the pressure. The rest of the Pats clicked in on it and decided to use their blue print.

I thought Bell also moved the puck pretty well. The critisim of Carlson is fair. but, he is a 3rd or 4th defensemen not a 1 or 2. He shouldn't be playing against the 1st line forwards. I liked some of the things that Peel did, but he is not ready for full time play, yet.

trucker
09-30-2010, 09:09 AM
The way it sounded to me was you guys dominated the 3rd period cause the Broncos were sniffing victory and took there foot off the gas. That is where a guy like Eakin is missed on our club, he works his tail off every shift and the team could've used that attitude. This is a tough loss for the Broncos and hope they remember that it's a 60 minute game, and its not over just cause you have the lead!