PDA

View Full Version : Raider season UPS and Downs, last game comments

Pages : 1 [2]

Chipchura_Fan
03-08-2011, 11:58 PM
I dont care who beats them, I just want Stoon to choke so I can say "I told you so" again this year :D

lordstanley
03-09-2011, 12:09 AM
I dont care who beats them, I just want Stoon to choke so I can say "I told you so" again this year :D

Heck the Raiders may not even get in, tied with LH same amount of games played, i hope they choke again and miss the playoffs for god knows how many years in a row

Then i will say i told you so :groovy:

chalk_one_up
03-09-2011, 08:13 AM
If a Raider fan was to attend a game in MJ or Saskatoon, where about's would one locate your Memorial Cup banner(s)? Just wondering.

lordstanley
03-09-2011, 10:08 AM
If a Raider fan was to attend a game in MJ or Saskatoon, where about's would one locate your Memorial Cup banner(s)? Just wondering.

I will let you know at the end of may :D

Chipchura_Fan
03-09-2011, 06:12 PM
LOL I went in to this season with low expectations anyways.... Although how many years is it going to be the "Blades year"? Just curious...

lordstanley
03-09-2011, 06:44 PM
LOL I went in to this season with low expectations anyways.... Although how many years is it going to be the "Blades year"? Just curious...

Recent the blades have had 3 seasons in a row with 48 wins or more whens the last time the Raiders did anything like that you have to go way back to when you were not even born the early 80's is my guess if ever

Chipchura_Fan
03-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Recent the blades have had 3 seasons in a row with 48 wins or more whens the last time the Raiders did anything like that you have to go way back to when you were not even born the early 80's is my guess if ever

I am not arguing that the Raiders have been terrible. I wasn't around in the glory days but at least when the Raiders were playing well they have something to show for it...
And what do the Blades have to show for it?

Just sayin'

Dwight Schrute
03-13-2011, 01:40 PM
3 games left swift x2 and calgary
leth has 3 left 2x kooteny and 1x edmonton

raiders have a 2 point lead. looks like they got the much much easier schedule. looks like they got it wrapped up now. does this mean the blades will play the raiders in round one ? when do folks think they will announce the playoff dates ?

jayson
03-13-2011, 05:25 PM
3 games left swift x2 and calgary
leth has 3 left 2x kooteny and 1x edmonton

raiders have a 2 point lead. looks like they got the much much easier schedule. looks like they got it wrapped up now. does this mean the blades will play the raiders in round one ? when do folks think they will announce the playoff dates ?

if you guys hold on you will for sure play saskatoon unless you somehow pass edmonton if thats even still possible

les nesman
03-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Best case is Raiders tie with Edmonton, but that would mean they win the next 3 and Edmonton loses the next 3. If that happens then PA would take over the 7 spot because they would have more wins. Pretty tough odds so as it stands right now the Green and Gold will be playing the Blades.

Playoffs start March 25.

Dwight Schrute
03-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Parker is suspended for his elbow last game. He will not play in Calgary

was it really worth the five game and suspension ? or was it a mcrimmon call. i didnt see the hit, is it on youtube or anything ?

Hockey Spy
03-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Raider fans;

It looks like you guys are headed for a first round matchup with your rival, the Saskatoon Blades. What do you think it will take to beat the Blades in a 7 game series? I've noticed that your team plays quite a bit different at home than they do on the road. Perhaps the Raiders win one of their home games? What will be the keys to success?

bigjimmer
03-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Great way to earn a playoff birth with a win "in". Great job by the players, coaches and entire organization staff, this group deserves to be in the post season.

For you all you naysayers, this team's longterm plan looks like its falling into place....back in September the media pegged this team to finish near the bottom and now they've earned a spot in the post season.

The club is going to be in tough in the first round, but Playoff experience is a huge asset to a young club. Not to mention the playoff revenue will be helpful for the bank account......Go Raiders!!!

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Great way to earn a playoff birth with a win "in". Great job by the players, coaches and entire organization staff, this group deserves to be in the post season.

For you all you naysayers, this team's longterm plan looks like its falling into place....back in September the media pegged this team to finish near the bottom and now they've earned a spot in the post season.

The club is going to be in tough in the first round, but Playoff experience is a huge asset to a young club. Not to mention the playoff revenue will be helpful for the bank account......Go Raiders!!!

nice to get the revenue and all and im happy playoff hockey is back. but isnt 8th out of 12 east teams still close to the bottom ?

lordstanley
03-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Shall i bring my broom next Thursday to P.A or a swiffer ? hmm

lordstanley
03-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Nah serious though congrats on making the playoffs should be a good 1 i will say Blades in 5 but i could be wrong anything can happen

WestLEAFfan
03-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Despite all those facts Raiderfan15, this team is hot at the right time. I think the BLADES could possibly be overconfident and may be ripe for the picking. IF the RAIDERS can win one of the first two in s'toon, it'll be a heck of a series. I wonder who gets the start in net?

lordstanley
03-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Despite all those facts Raiderfan15, this team is hot at the right time. I think the BLADES could possibly be overconfident and may be ripe for the picking. IF the RAIDERS can win one of the first two in s'toon, it'll be a heck of a series. I wonder who gets the start in net?

I remember listening to your Raiders call in show a couple Mondays ago and callers were phoning in saying they wanted the Blades over anyone else and so did Bruno, well you got your wish i think the Blades went 7-1 vs the Raiders in the reg season with a couple whoppings, but throw that all out the window it means nothing now.

Hockey Spy
03-19-2011, 09:28 AM
I predict the Raiders in 6 games and winning in game 6 at the AHC.

The Raiders offence may be too much for the young Blades defense to contend with, not to mention their speed and talent.

Saskatoon has been slowly coming down to earth and right now my money would be on PA.

Chipchura_Fan
03-19-2011, 10:31 AM
I think Tucker will start too just because he's 3-0 since coming back and has looked good in those games as well. Williams started getting a little shakey at the end of that long stretch when Tucker was out.

If the Raiders can steal one in the CUC, it will be a toss up but if the Raiders come home 0-2 then they might just be completely flattened. Either way, Go Raiders Go!! :clap:

WestLEAFfan
03-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Regardless of which team wins this series, it'll be hard fought. I believe special teams will play a huge role in each game.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-19-2011, 01:40 PM
congrats on a playoff spot.

wont be easy though. playoffs are a different game altogether.

Wildeyes
03-21-2011, 02:22 AM
How bad was the knee for AC they haven't suspended him yet?

Antoine Corbin Prince Albert Tbd for knee major and g.m. versus Swift Current on March 18

SectionNDeserter
03-21-2011, 06:26 AM
How bad was the knee for AC they haven't suspended him yet?They don't do any of that stuff on the weekend.

lordstanley
03-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Did i hear right your last home game your crowd chanting we want the Blades ? you guys must think you can really beat the 56 winning Blades or the 32-3-1 home record Blades

I guess you gotta do something to get motivated i get that, i just think that maybe be the missing piece the Blades need to get them a little angry.

reims
03-21-2011, 12:24 PM
the thing that scares me most about the raiders is they have been in playoff mode since basically december and the blades have been coasting...even tho the blades have been winning there intensity hasnt been there...i predict the blades get all they can handle with pa but manage to win in 7 games with home ice being the deciding factor...this should be a high spirited series with lots of fans travelling both ways...too bad pa's rink wasnt bigger becuase alot of fans wont be getting a ticket!

chalk_one_up
03-21-2011, 02:03 PM
When do tickets go on sale for this series? and how much?

bigjimmer
03-21-2011, 02:18 PM
From Twitter: "Playoff Ticket Information : Season Ticket holders have until Wednesday March 23rd to reserve their playoff seats. SEASON TICKET HOLDERS - must fill out their playoff forms and have them in to the Raider Office before 5:00pm, any seats not reserved will be released to the General Public. Tickets will go on sale to the general public March 24th (Thursday) at 9:00am! GO Raiders GO!
Yesterday at 9:36am"

Wildeyes
03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Antoine Corbin Prince Albert Two games for knee major and g.m. versus Swift Current on March 18

AC got 2 games for the knee

lordstanley
03-21-2011, 08:24 PM
absolute garbage!!

We'll take it :D Looks like he will only miss 1 game as he sat out Saturday night by the looks of things so it aint to bad

BladesFan_2010
03-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Reims, are you serious? The Blades will roll over P.A. in 4 games, 5 at the most. Have you even watched the Blades all year?

lordstanley
03-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Reims, are you serious? The Blades will roll over P.A. in 4 games, 5 at the most. Have you even watched the Blades all year?

Things i keep hearing from the Raiders side is they are more confident now more than ever the regular season means nothing now and they wanna show us how improved they are so it could go anyway

reims
03-22-2011, 04:53 PM

I am a season ticket holder and have been to about 30 games....time will. Tell who's right I just have a bad feeling going into this series.