PDA

View Full Version : pats in a funk

west coast
10-03-2010, 12:47 PM
what is wrong with this team? You be the GM

RenegadeStylings
10-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I watched them last night and a few things stuck out.

First off, they don't have enough jam offensively. They are too freaking small up front. They have like 5-6 guys that are 5'10 or smaller, or close to it. Speed alone isn't enough to beat teams.

They are also pretty soft on the backend. The Blades went hard to the crease and had great success and Regina wasn't able to do anything about it.

They have a few nice pieces including Myles Bell, but they need to tear this thing down.

Ship out Ashton, Weal and whoever else has value and get some younger assets to build around.

Everyone knew this team was going to be in tough this year, and surely they are proving all the haters right. I mean, when Dane Muench is one of your key offensive contributors you have problems. He was a guy who floated all of last year in the SJHL.

lordstanley
10-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Hmm the Blades are very low on right wingers they have Nicholls stransky then stovin just so happends Ashton is a RW and also a hometown boy hmm be nice if we could land that big power foward and let him finnish his whl career at home

RenegadeStylings
10-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Hmm the Blades are very low on right wingers they have Nicholls stransky then stovin just so happends Ashton is a RW and also a hometown boy hmm be nice if we could land that big power foward and let him finnish his whl career at home

And they have a ton of picks that they have acquired over the last few weeks in trades. :D

But to be honest I've never been a huge fan of Ashton's.

Tidball
10-03-2010, 02:26 PM

Apparently the Blades coulda easily landed Ashton last year. But they didnt because his dad is apparently a pain in the ass, and currently resides in saskatoon(believe the Blades retired his #)

Something like, if Carter Ashton was in Saskatoon then his dad would interfere with the coaching staff and try to call the shots. Something that would not sit well with Molleken at all. Remember, this is a rumor i heard, no clue on the legitimacy of it.

Ashton would be a nice fit in Saskatoon.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Arent shipping every one out yet, come back in 3 months.

FYI Muench has been one of the bright spots on the team. He plays fairly physical for his size, but I agree we are too small upfront overall and too soft on the blueline. Nothing a couple trades cant fix, perhaps.

west coast
10-03-2010, 03:50 PM
muench has been a delight to watch,he skates hard ,sees the ice well and competes for pucks but size is an obvious issue.i believe Some Arrogant Jerk is right,Lang cannot trade the whole team but with a few trades can make this team better .The wildcard is the 20 year old spot that is available.Lang needs to fill this spot soon.It would be nice to see Lang put his mark on the team and try and create an identity.Other teams in the dub have a mould that they try and build a player to be.The Hitmen and the Warriors are good examples of teams that have lineups that have players of the same mould up and down the lineup.I would like to see the Pats try and upgrade on size and toughness ,the compete level must go up and the mistakes have to be corrected. A definate work in progress.Does anyone know if Ketlo is injured or suspended,he was not in lineup last night

whlking
10-03-2010, 05:28 PM
The more I've been thinking about this twenty year old spot, the more I am wondering whether filling that final spot is really neccesary. Would the Pats not benefit more from having the likes of Peel and Borstmayer be thrusted into bigger roles right.This would prepare them for future years, years where the Pats have a chance to contend, unlike this year. I feel adding that 20 year old(unless it's a goaltender named Stanford, which clearly isn't happening anymore in Saskatoon's situation), would stunt the growth of the younger pats.

One question though...

Why is Chandler Stephenson playing on the fourth line? Please give him a chance on the top six.

west coast
10-03-2010, 10:32 PM
the league rule is that every team can have no more than 3 twenty year old players .Teams win with their 18,19 and twenty year olds.It makes no sense logically to play the whole year with 2 twenty year olds.It is only a matter of time before Lang brings another one in.He must be trying to land a big fish.He obviously wants to make the right deal and not give up too much.

SectionNDeserter
10-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Teams win with their 18,19 and twenty year olds.It makes no sense logically to play the whole year with 2 twenty year olds.I think his point was to a) Not win (and get a lottery pick), and b) get more experience for the younger guys at the same time. I could be wrong though, but that is what I got out of it.

lostsheep
10-04-2010, 08:39 AM
sorry but Saskatoon dosent need Ashton this year, and would rather keep the picks for a later date. He didnt seem to do very much for you guys out there the other night.
________
Iolite Vaporizer Warranty (http://vaporizer.org)

Rebelsfan13
10-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Nice come back by the Rebels last night, it's good to see that they can respond to a poor start.

patsdude114
10-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Nice come back by the Rebels last night, it's good to see that they can respond to a poor start.

anyone can respond when they r facing the Pats & Hunt's stupid defensive mode he drops into during the 3rd period. HUNT WAKE THE HELL UP THIS IS JUNIOR HOCKEY OUTSIDE OF YOUR TOP PLAYERS MOST KIDS CAN BARELY PLAY DEFENSE!! the play of the game against RD was pretty balanced maybe slightly in favour of RD with time of attack but the Pats were able to do alot of good things in the 1st & 2nd periods. It wasnt that RD played any differently in the 3rd but when u hit the red line & chip the puck in with only 1 forechecker any team has a chance to come back cuz they keep coming at u in waves on there rushes.

Last nights game against RD wasnt a Pats loss it was a Hunt loss. Hunt is the most over-rated coach in the WHL. I wasnt 100% thrilled when Hunt came back to the Pats i was more happy cuz Derkatch was out. When is Hunt going to learn u dont need to change ur game plan come the 3rd period when u have a 3 goal lead, why not KEEP DOING WHAT UR DOING THAT GOT U THE LEAD!!

oh ya & Hunt GREAT JOB on giving RD there 1st goal of the game. Yes it was a soft call that Weiler made on Sparrow but for the love of god, SHUT UR DAMN MOUTH ur not going to change the refs mind on the call instead u hurt ur own team & put them down by 2 guys to a very good offensive team in RD