PDA

View Full Version : Questions From A First-Time Visitor To This City!

Redwic
10-03-2010, 10:19 PM
A few Silvertips fans (myself, my wife, and infant daughter included) will be visiting Regina from December 5-7 (Sunday-Tuesday), for the first time ever. We will be watching the Pats face-off against the Everett Silvertips (our hometown team).

Here are some questions I would like answered by Regina fans:
1) Should we buy tickets in advance, or should we purchase tickets at the box office the day of the game?
2) Would that particular game be a sellout? Any concerns for getting tickets?
3) Do any fans meet anywhere before games, for dinner?
4) Would any fans like to meet a few Silvertips fans before the game?
5) Any recommendations for things to do in or near the city, especially because we have several extra days? We plan to catch a Regina Pat Canadians game that Sunday, but other than that we did not yet have any ideas where to go or what to do in our spare time.

Any advice and/or assistance would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Redwic

patsdude114
10-13-2010, 08:16 PM
A few Silvertips fans (myself, my wife, and infant daughter included) will be visiting Regina from December 5-7 (Sunday-Tuesday), for the first time ever. We will be watching the Pats face-off against the Everett Silvertips (our hometown team).

Here are some questions I would like answered by Regina fans:
1) Should we buy tickets in advance, or should we purchase tickets at the box office the day of the game?
2) Would that particular game be a sellout? Any concerns for getting tickets?
3) Do any fans meet anywhere before games, for dinner?
4) Would any fans like to meet a few Silvertips fans before the game?
5) Any recommendations for things to do in or near the city, especially because we have several extra days? We plan to catch a Regina Pat Canadians game that Sunday, but other than that we did not yet have any ideas where to go or what to do in our spare time.

Any advice and/or assistance would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Redwic

Well some fun & interesting things to check out in the city would be the IMAX/Science Center, the RCMP barracts (which i hear is actually a interesting tour) along with a tour of the legislative building (as my wifes dad & his side of the family went for a tour there when we got married & they said it was a fantasic tour with lots to learn as they r from BC)

As for the actual game itself, i wouldnt worry to much about buying tickets in advance but with that said u r coming along ways to watch ur team play so preordering tickets would be a great idea cuz i mean u just never know right.

Hope u enjoy ur stay in Regina & where ever else u end up staying during there road trip our east. If i see a small family wearing Tips jerseys (if u have them) i will definately say hi as i did talk with a older couple from TC this past friday night

Redwic
11-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Now that we have a person to be our home-squatter and watch our dogs, we will be ready to head up to the Great White North in a few days. We have game-tickets, plane tickets, lodging, and rental car reserved.

There will be at least nine Everett Silvertips season-ticket holders heading up for the East Division trip. It might sound like much, but considering the team would be lucky to have 2-3 normally go on that trip, let alone in December, it should be a good little contingent.

My wife and I will be the only Everett fans bringing a child (ours is an infant), so we should be fairly recognizable just from that alone. The other fans will include our trip & lodging buddy (Tony), a car containing three women, and a middle-aged couple. We hope to meet a lot of great hockey fans, see a lot of competitive hockey games, and tour the beautiful Winterized prairies.

If anyone wants to meet at or prior to the game in Regina, just let me know on here by this Thursday night. We might not have internet access for the first-half of the trip.