PDA

View Full Version : Don't count us out yet...

Brandon Wheatkings
05-12-2005, 08:16 PM
You can excuse members of the Brandon Wheat Kings for thinking that they've been here before as the continue final preparations for game five of the Western Hockey League Championship Final against the Kelowna Rockets.

For the second time in this year's playoffs, the Wheat Kings trail three games to one in a best of seven series, heading into their final home game of the season on Friday night.

Because of the WHL's 2-3-2 format in this year's final, the series will shift back to Kelowna for games six and seven (if necessary), should the Wheat Kings come out on top Friday night.

After losing three of the first four games against Calgary in the Eastern Conference semi-finals, the Wheat Kings reeled off three straight victories including a 3-1 victory in the seventh and deciding game.

"The fact that we've done it before is something that we can certainly build on," Brandon coach and general manager Kelly McCrimmon told Bruce Luebke of 880 CKLQ. "We can take that positive confidence into Friday's game to extend the series. That's as far ahead as we're thinking."

To be successful on Friday, the Wheat Kings need to finish more when they get their chances. Kelowna has outscored Brandon 11-5 during the first four games of this series and the Wheat Kings were the highest scoring WHL team during the regular season. To make matters worse, the Rockets have been able to shutdown the Wheat Kings attack without the help of their number one goalkeeper Derek Yeomans, who was hurt during a collision with Brandon defenceman Steven Later in the series opener last Friday night.

Brandon is 0-16 with the man advantage in this series and if the Wheat Kings hope to send this series back to B.C., they must generate more off their powerplay.

Less than a week after veteran Lance Monych set a new club record for most goals in a single playoff season when he fired his 19th, rookie netminder Tyler Plante is on the verge of establishing a new league record for most appearances in one playoff year. The 17-year old local product will be starting his 24th consecutive playoff game on Friday.

Monych is one of at least three Wheat Kings who will be playing their final WHL game at the Keystone Centre. Also graduating this year are Later and captain Tim Konsorada.

Please Brandon make a comeback. :thumb:

Chipper
05-12-2005, 08:45 PM
I think a true fan will stick with his team until the last second. Never admit your team cant do it or is not good enough, If I would have given up on the Ice in game four I would have felt sick to my stomach when they came back to tie it up with 3.6 seconds left and went on to win that game. They sure didn't give up and neither should the fans. The team plays hard and believes to the end that they still can win! Just my opinion.

Knuckle Chucker
05-12-2005, 08:54 PM
1....2....3....YOUR OUT!!!

What a suprise that Later took out a goalie. He is a class act.

Flathead
05-12-2005, 10:12 PM
I've been cheering for ya's and still will be. But I can't see Kelowna losing 3 in row, with 2 games in their own barn.

eecliff
05-12-2005, 11:44 PM
You can excuse members of the Brandon Wheat Kings for thinking that they've been here before as the continue final preparations for game five of the Western Hockey League Championship Final against the Kelowna Rockets.

For the second time in this year's playoffs, the Wheat Kings trail three games to one in a best of seven series, heading into their final home game of the season on Friday night.

Because of the WHL's 2-3-2 format in this year's final, the series will shift back to Kelowna for games six and seven (if necessary), should the Wheat Kings come out on top Friday night.

After losing three of the first four games against Calgary in the Eastern Conference semi-finals, the Wheat Kings reeled off three straight victories including a 3-1 victory in the seventh and deciding game.

"The fact that we've done it before is something that we can certainly build on," Brandon coach and general manager Kelly McCrimmon told Bruce Luebke of 880 CKLQ. "We can take that positive confidence into Friday's game to extend the series. That's as far ahead as we're thinking."

To be successful on Friday, the Wheat Kings need to finish more when they get their chances. Kelowna has outscored Brandon 11-5 during the first four games of this series and the Wheat Kings were the highest scoring WHL team during the regular season. To make matters worse, the Rockets have been able to shutdown the Wheat Kings attack without the help of their number one goalkeeper Derek Yeomans, who was hurt during a collision with Brandon defenceman Steven Later in the series opener last Friday night.

Brandon is 0-16 with the man advantage in this series and if the Wheat Kings hope to send this series back to B.C., they must generate more off their powerplay.

Less than a week after veteran Lance Monych set a new club record for most goals in a single playoff season when he fired his 19th, rookie netminder Tyler Plante is on the verge of establishing a new league record for most appearances in one playoff year. The 17-year old local product will be starting his 24th consecutive playoff game on Friday.

Monych is one of at least three Wheat Kings who will be playing their final WHL game at the Keystone Centre. Also graduating this year are Later and captain Tim Konsorada.

Please Brandon make a comeback. :thumb:

It’s called growing pains …every team gets it !!

ee.....

DoubleDee
05-13-2005, 09:08 AM
I've been cheering for ya's and still will be. But I can't see Kelowna losing 3 in row, with 2 games in their own barn.

I see Brandon winning tonight but I agree with you - It is very hard for any team (however, I know it has been done) to win 3 in a row. Kelowna will come out on top in the end on this one.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Must still be sour that Brandon took out your team :laugh:

Chipper
05-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Please watch the personal atacks and trolling! you will be deleted

Knuckle Chucker
05-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Must still be sour that Brandon took out your team :laugh:

No what I was bitter about is your personal attack. 1...2...3....the wheaties are out. If you can't handle that then boo hoo

LifelongChiefsFan
05-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Although I think Kelowna will win the series, rememer last year in the conference finals they were up 3-1 with 2 of the last 3 at home as well...

Brandon is no Everett, but anything is possible.

BWK
05-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Brandon is no Everett.

Thank you so much for the compliment ;)

prolabxx
05-13-2005, 07:28 PM
maybe if herman gives them 8 power plays a period they can score

o and attacking players after the whistle again i like that and how kelowna didnt get a powerplay out of it

attack a player celebrating a goal
thats weak
especially since kelowna got the even up penalty

wooo hooo
lol
this is funny :groovy:
herman has money on brandon and they still cant score

fightstrap50
05-13-2005, 09:41 PM
maybe if herman gives them 8 power plays a period they can score

o and attacking players after the whistle again i like that and how kelowna didnt get a powerplay out of it

attack a player celebrating a goal
thats weak
especially since kelowna got the even up penalty

wooo hooo
lol
this is funny :groovy:
man you have something smug to say about everything dont ya, this isnt the white board where did you come from a barn.your pretty blind to it all when you say a team is dirtier than kelowna you just dont notice it as much because the wheaties play the same way. Always a stick around you or how about the slashing so hard that they break there own sticks on brandon players, even though monych did it back and got called for it. the total lack of respect you have for other posters is brutal. This is why I dont want to root for the Rockets in the CUP, because of the fans they have like you

Jovorock
05-14-2005, 05:46 AM
Don't mind this guy, Prolabxx is a little kid with a new toy.