PDA

View Full Version : blades 5 americans 3

wango tango
10-06-2010, 09:38 PM
saskatoon wins, but might lose nicholls to a bad hit late.

tri-city plays like little punks, and won't stand up when called to answer the bell by the blades.

saskatoon came out with lots of intensity. tri-city played well in the third.

hope nicholls is going to be ok.

lordstanley
10-06-2010, 09:46 PM
That was a dirty hit so brutal

Tri City played good in the third ? they got outshot 21-5 Owsley played good

That is one of the dirtyest teams i have ever seen Hamilton Zahn and Nicholls were all hit from behind

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Good game played by the Blades. If you want to read more. Read my blog.

RenegadeStylings
10-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Keep it in the regular season chat!!

But seriously, it was a very very entertaining game. I even called out the Tri City Americans on the radio for refusing to answer the bell and fight someone. The Blades play as a TEAM and are TOUGH. I love to watch them and they are really looking good to start the year. Even when they haven't played there best they still have been able to get W's.

wango tango
10-07-2010, 12:59 PM
shinnimin suspension tbd as per the whl website.

based on the other suspensions handed out for similar infractions i'd expect him to get one or two games max.

this will be the fifth checking from behind suspension already, and the season isn't even a month old yet!

obviously the punishment is not having the desired effect.

league discipline is suspect at best. i would use the word joke to describe it, but that implies having the redeeming value of humour. and in any case of a player being sent head first into the boards there is nothing funny about it.

lordstanley
10-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Shinnimin will get a slap on the wrist, but the Blades in the playoffs got hit hard for protecting there goalie 5 games 3 games 2 games plus fines you name it for a play that wasn't even as bad as Shinnimins hit

Joe Hallenback
10-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Well the desired effect of less fighting in hockey is having its effect more brutal hits and cheap shots.

Seriously some old school retribution by teams on certain offenders would do ALOT more to clean up this kind of behaviour. Back in the day if Shinimin did what he did he would have had his face force fed to him and so would have the rest of the Tri-City team. You can't now. You have to wait for the league to do something and then they hand out of 1 or 2 game suspensions.

I have said this countless times. In Junior A leagues when they started there anti fighting campaigns about 15 years ago 2 things happened. Attendance went down and Cheap shots went up. I still remember the 3 years of 1 fight in a game and you out and suspended for another game that was in the MJHL.