Backhand
10-07-2010, 04:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Rncb-t8mc

Joe Hallenback
10-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Quite possibly one of the worst hits I have seen in awhile

SectionNDeserter
10-07-2010, 04:47 PM
If it isn't his first offence, I would say probably 5 games.

Trav
10-07-2010, 04:52 PM
I didn't even see Nicholls with the puck, even if he did thats still one of the dirtiest hit's ive seen in hockey and no im not being biased cuz it happened against a Blade. ****inimin (as I'll call him) should be out for as long as Nicholls is out.

SectionNDeserter
10-07-2010, 05:07 PM
McNaught's hit on Evans last season was far worse and he got 5 games. McNaught is completely devoid of any skill (except fighting and taking stupid penalties in his own end), and Shinnimin is tied for the league lead in points. Will be interesting to see the double-standard...

lordstanley
10-07-2010, 05:12 PM
The Yams are a cowardly poor team Shinnimin almost ran Zahns head into the crossbar a few mins before that and Yuen Ran Hamilton into the boards another chep hit from behind funny that Tri City head coach said he never seen the hit where else could his eyes be he's the damn coach like he wasn't paying attention that whole team is a complete and utter joke

lordstanley
10-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Btw Nicholls is out week to week with a concusion bruisedback/knees who knows we may get lucky and have him back for next weekends Alberta trip but i doubt that

RenegadeStylings
10-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Wow, that was waaaay worse then I expected. I did not see the hit when it happened, but I didn't expect it to be that bad. Wow, that is just awful.

That needs to be more than 1 or 2 games.

lostsheep
10-07-2010, 05:51 PM
this hit reminds me of the stupid hits last year from the OHL. Intensional head hits, cheap shots then whine and not stand up for what you did. that hit was in his mind long before it happened, and should result in a very long suspension. The league has to stop those types of hits before someone is paralized, or killed. The ref's need to see this escalating before it gets out of control, maybe suspend a ref for poor performance on ice, dock his pay. Then maybe we can finaly get some good refs in the league that actually can see when a game is going down the drain.:burningmad:
________
Shemale Model (http://www.****tube.com/categories/970/model/videos/1)

Boltz9
10-07-2010, 07:27 PM
That is really dirty, did he get a penalty on the play? And I'm surprised a Blades player didn't go after him.

Backhand
10-07-2010, 07:34 PM
That is really dirty, did he get a penalty on the play? And I'm surprised a Blades player didn't go after him.

The dk got a Major-Boarding and a Game Misconduct. Every Blade player on the ice wanted a piece of him!! Hamilton & Siemens got roughing penalties.

lordstanley
10-07-2010, 07:38 PM

Oh we did want a piece of him but Gutless Shinnimin laid the cheap then skated behind security guard Byblow to the penalty box not to mention Shinnimin ran Zahn from behind a couple mins before that consider you guys lucky you don't have to probably face that clown in a few days

Dwight Schrute
10-07-2010, 09:21 PM
terrible dirty hit should get 3-5 games
havent seen hits like that since gillies played in stoon

the flying moose
10-07-2010, 11:29 PM
This not even a hit. That's a blatant intent to injure and I would love to see 10 games. Make an example out of him.

LifelongChiefsFan
10-07-2010, 11:42 PM
this hit reminds me of the stupid hits last year from the OHL. Intensional head hits, cheap shots then whine and not stand up for what you did. that hit was in his mind long before it happened, and should result in a very long suspension. The league has to stop those types of hits before someone is paralized, or killed. The ref's need to see this escalating before it gets out of control, maybe suspend a ref for poor performance on ice, dock his pay. Then maybe we can finaly get some good refs in the league that actually can see when a game is going down the drain.:burningmad:

Similar true, however the severity of the OHL suspension seemed to be based on the injuries that Fanelli sustained rather than the hit itself. Nicholls' injuries are bad, but he actually is pretty lucky that it wasn't a lot worse. Add to that the fact that the WHL doesn't hand out lengthy suspensions and I just don't see a suspension matching the extreme ones from the OHL or the Q. Maybe the WHL will prove me wrong and make a statement, but I don't see a suspension of over 5 games here.

Don't get me wrong though, it's a terrible hit that has no place in the game. I'd like to see all hits from behind into the boards like this get 10+ games, but I'm just not confident that's gonna happen.

Backhand
10-08-2010, 02:15 AM
All eyes on the WHL & CHL offices as a suspension will be handed down on this player/act in the coming week. A junior career could have ended and maybe one should end? Sorry, but the actual hit from behind could not of been any worse. Luckily the injured player got up and skated off.

Broncs in RD
10-08-2010, 08:33 AM
That hit was brutal......WOW

BladesFan_2010
10-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Hey Section, you should really get your head out of your ass. Last year McNaught became a good player under LM which is why he got drafted in the first place. He was used in different situations and turned out to be a fairly balanced player, not just a fighter.

As far as the hit, Tri Cities are a bunch of pu****s. First with Yuen, then Shinnimin, I mean really now, if you are man enough to hit a guy from behind into the boards, stand up, be a man and take a sh*t kicking! Tri Cities are a bunch of whimps who won't stand up for themselves, then their coach said he didn't really see the Nicholls hit. Yeah, Hiller wasn't very good as a player and he doesn't appear to be a good coach either. You think Lorne would let that happen where two of our guys run people within the last couple minutes of the game? Not very likely.

I hope this loser gets at least 10 games.

sbtatter
10-08-2010, 09:42 AM
I think most teams have a couple guys who make bone headed plays like this. Did the Blades player even have the puck at the time of the hit, it didn't look like it.
Cheap, dirty, and it does raise the question that the guily party should serve the longer of either;
the suspension given
or the duration that the injured player is out of the lineup.

SectionNDeserter
10-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Last year McNaught became a good player under LM which is why he got drafted in the first place.If you actually believe that McNaught would be in the WHL, much less drafted by an NHL team if he could not fight, then I would like about 10 bucks worth of whatever you are smoking. Like Klotz before him, he is in on the team, and in the game for one reason.

He was used in different situations and turned out to be a fairly balanced player, not just a fighter.He was on one of the top teams in the league, and marginally improved his point totals while remaining a minus player (despite playing on a team that boasts arguably the best blueline and defensive players in the league by far). He is out there to fight, and intimidate, and to provide a psychological edge--he is definitely not a skilled player.

I hope this loser gets at least 10 games.I hope he gets an appropriate suspension too, but don't be too shocked if the ol' double standard comes into play here and he ends up getting 2 games. McNaught would have gotten 25 games for that hit.

twentyone
10-08-2010, 03:40 PM
If you actually believe that McNaught would be in the WHL, much less drafted by an NHL team if he could not fight, then I would like about 10 bucks worth of whatever you are smoking. Like Klotz before him, he is in on the team, and in the game for one reason.

He was on one of the top teams in the league, and marginally improved his point totals while remaining a minus player (despite playing on a team that boasts arguably the best blueline and defensive players in the league by far). He is out there to fight, and intimidate, and to provide a psychological edge--he is definitely not a skilled player.

I hope he gets an appropriate suspension too, but don't be too shocked if the ol' double standard comes into play here and he ends up getting 2 games. McNaught would have gotten 25 games for that hit.

Last time I checked McNaught isn't expected to pile up the goals. He is in the WHL because yes he can fight and yes he is a physical presence out there and yes he makes the rest of his team taller. But he also isn't a liability either. Hmmmmm sounds like a guy alot of teams would love to have. Hence he got some value in return on a trade. He is a valuable asset to a team, and I am sure the Blades would have loved to keep him as a 20 year old but with the 20 yr old situation the Blades had this year it wasn't a viable option.

And speaking of smoking ****, how can you possibly say that Shinniminimnmini whatever the f*&%^ his name is Hit was as bad as McNaught's last year?. This hit in my opinion was a direct intent to injure and it could of been a life altering injury. Nicholls didn't even have the puck that whole rush down the ice, He made up his mind he was going to hit him from behind the whole way. As he did to Zahn. Zahn was skating around the net backwords and shinnimidiot skating from the blueline to make the hit. Its a good thing he is such a little puke that he basically bounced off Zahn. And the next shift this is what he does to Nicholls.

Brutal, this is up there with the Cormier hit in my opinion.

sbtatter
10-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Last time I checked McNaught isn't expected to pile up the goals. He is in the WHL because yes he can fight and yes he is a physical presence out there and yes he makes the rest of his team taller. But he also isn't a liability either. Hmmmmm sounds like a guy alot of teams would love to have. Hence he got some value in return on a trade. He is a valuable asset to a team, and I am sure the Blades would have loved to keep him as a 20 year old but with the 20 yr old situation the Blades had this year it wasn't a viable option.

And speaking of smoking ****, how can you possibly say that Shinniminimnmini whatever the f*&%^ his name is Hit was as bad as McNaught's last year?. This hit in my opinion was a direct intent to injure and it could of been a life altering injury. Nicholls didn't even have the puck that whole rush down the ice, He made up his mind he was going to hit him from behind the whole way. As he did to Zahn. Zahn was skating around the net backwords and shinnimidiot skating from the blueline to make the hit. Its a good thing he is such a little puke that he basically bounced off Zahn. And the next shift this is what he does to Nicholls.

Brutal, this is up there with the Cormier hit in my opinion.

There's no defending the hit. But every team has idiots like this. Gogol is a guy from the Blades who was trying to hit WK's from behind last week, we have Miller who can sometimes hit from behind, every team has guys who do it, and it's only the odd time (thank goodness) that players get hurt. The whole league and all the players need to look in the mirror and stop doing this type of hit against other players

Backhand
10-08-2010, 04:12 PM
When is the next big hit from behind coming? WHL has to put the hammer down on this. Don Cherry will blow a gasket if they don't. :burningmad:

SectionNDeserter
10-08-2010, 04:46 PM
And speaking of smoking ****, how can you possibly say that Shinniminimnmini whatever the f*&%^ his name is Hit was as bad as McNaught's last year?Shinnimin followed a larger player in Nichols into the zone, and drilled him headfirst into the boards when he was in a vulnerable position. McNaught followed a much smaller player to the boards, raised his elbow and crushed Evan's skull into the glass. Both hits could have easily resulted in brain/neck injuries/death and both appeared to be premeditated, or at the very least a very poor lapse in judgement. Only real thing separating the two, is that McNaught immediately turned to get ready to fight, because he knew it was coming.

Boltz9
10-08-2010, 05:26 PM
The Brandon Sun today had a preview for the Wheaties game against the Americans, and it said Shinnimin was suspended for 2 games for the hit, here's the quote "Tri-City C Brendan Shinniman of Winnipeg, who shares the WHL scoring lead with Nugent-Hopkins, was suspended two games after taking a boarding major Wednesday at Saskatoon and will miss Saturday's game". Anybody else confirm this? The WHL website still says tbd, but who can trust that website to be updated.

If all he gets is 2 games then that is a complete joke.

Dwight Schrute
10-08-2010, 05:39 PM
The Brandon Sun today had a preview for the Wheaties game against the Americans, and it said Shinnimin was suspended for 2 games for the hit, here's the quote "Tri-City C Brendan Shinniman of Winnipeg, who shares the WHL scoring lead with Nugent-Hopkins, was suspended two games after taking a boarding major Wednesday at Saskatoon and will miss Saturday's game". Anybody else confirm this? The WHL website still says tbd, but who can trust that website to be updated.

If all he gets is 2 games then that is a complete joke.

darren dreger on sportscentre said he is suspended indefinatly league will review and invlolve both gms, and wednsday suspension (most likely lengthy) will be announced. they showed the video of the hit.

the 2 games is probably what he will miss before the league rules

RenegadeStylings
10-08-2010, 11:39 PM
darren dreger on sportscentre said he is suspended indefinatly league will review and invlolve both gms, and wednsday suspension (most likely lengthy) will be announced. they showed the video of the hit.

the 2 games is probably what he will miss before the league rules

He will miss all the games this weekend I believe, meaning he missed tonight's game, Saturday's game and likely Monday's game.

The decision will be made/announced after that.

By then he will have missed three games, so they will likely tack on atleast another one or two. (hopefully more)