PDA

View Full Version : Hutt to Swift

nivek_wahs
10-08-2010, 01:10 PM
From the Pats website

For Immediate Release
October 8th, 2010
Hutt to Swift Current

Regina, Saskatchewan – Regina Pats General Manager Chad Lang announced this afternoon that 19 year old forward, Killian Hutt was sent to the Swift Current Broncos in exchange for a 6th round WHL Bantam Draft Pick.

Hutt was acquired from the Portland Winterhawks on October of 2009 for a Bantam Draft pick and in 33 games with the Regina Pats; he picked up 5 goals and 12 assists.

The Pats would like to thank Killian for his role with the Regina Pats over the past year and wish him all of the best the rest of the season with the Swift Current Broncos.

Toswammi
10-08-2010, 01:30 PM
SC also re-assigned Franczyk today

I am thinking this could be a pre-cursor to use moving Roznik.

ointhecreek
10-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Why do we need another small winger? Thought he was looking for toughness and need experienced dman.

Toswammi
10-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Why do we need another small winger? Thought he was looking for toughness and need experienced dman.

My best guess would be to add some scoring depth. Currently we have 3 players that are able to put up points, so he is addressing that concern.

trucker
10-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I think this is a pretty sweet deal for the Broncos! Why did we get Hutt for only a 6th rounder? This deal seems to good to be true!! This doesn't address all our needs but it definately adds depth. I say Lamb has made some great pickups the last few days, hopefully he can keep this goin!!:groovy:

witness
10-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Hutt is a skilled forward. Bottom line is Hutt fell into the doghouse with Hunt last year and could not get out. A fresh start with a new team is the best thing for Hutt.

Good for Mr. Lang for doing the best by his players. Good Luck to Hutt.

Toswammi
10-08-2010, 09:45 PM
interesting note:

Hutt is wearing #18 tonight. Likely means the end of Roznik

Scout
10-09-2010, 03:16 AM
It looks like our import situation is now over. Roznik was traded to Regina Pat's in exchange for the 6th round pick we sent to Regina for Hutt.

On a side not i watched a documentery on the Broad Street Bullies ( Philidelphia Flyers ) yesterday. A lot of people on here mention we need a tough guy to protect our smaller more skilled players. It appears Philidelphia had a lot of skilled players in Bobby Clarke, Reggie Leach, etc. but still remained mediochre. Then one game they were playing The Blues who ran their players into the boards every chance they had and fought their top players with no one going to their aid. They realized they had to get tougher if they wanted to go further and brought in the likes of former Bronco Dave " The Hammer " Schultz, Moose Dupont, Bob Kelly, etc. They set the tone, although they went a little over board, that if you mess with the skilled players on the Flyers you would answer to these guys. During the interview some of the players talked about how they played more aggressive because they knew if they were miss handled Schultz and company would be there. Needless to say this move pushed them to the top and they won two Stanley Cups. Interesting show.

Scout

Toswammi
10-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Essentially we flipped Roznik for Hutt. I can live with that, Roznik was a depth guy at best for us.

trucker
10-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Sounded like the Broncos played a solid game last night! hopefully they keep up the good work in Edmonton tonight!!!! And Roznik for Hutt is a good trade, still think there is more coming.

Flathead
10-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Sounded like the Broncos played a solid game last night! hopefully they keep up the good work in Edmonton tonight!!!! And Roznik for Hutt is a good trade, still think there is more coming.

I agree there will be a little more tinkering. I think this team is closer to being a serious team to make a run, than a rebuilding team. Good things will come from this team.