Boltz9
10-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Next season we will likely have the following 8 d-men

Melnychuk (91) Miller (92)
Fransoo (93) Hunter (93)
Roy (94) Pulock (94)
Waltz (95) Kuczeck (94)

I really like the look of that defensive core

Agree, I really like the young guys especially. And I hope they get more ice time, with the Schneider move that will happen.

RenegadeStylings
10-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I was very impressed with Fransoo last weekend against the Blades

King Klash
10-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Pullock Fransoo and Roy look good but Hunter is it just me or does he seem to get beat to the puck and they seem to skate around him also not very physical not sure what others are seeing in him I think he needs more time at triple a.

dagley
10-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Pullock Fransoo and Roy look good but Hunter is it just me or does he seem to get beat to the puck and they seem to skate around him also not very physical not sure what others are seeing in him I think he needs more time at triple a.

I think Hunter has been good, he's made some very nice plays. He's still developing, and in all honesty he's going to mistakes but he's playing better than vets like Schneider, and has been as good as Melnychuk. I think he should stick around.

sbtatter
10-10-2010, 10:02 PM

I like Hunter, he's better defensively than Roy and Pulock. Both those guys have more high end potential than him, but he could be a player like Bestland/Miller. He sure skates nicely.

King Klash
10-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I like Hunter, he's better defensively than Roy and Pulock. Both those guys have more high end potential than him, but he could be a player like Bestland/Miller. He sure skates nicely.

We actually do not need another player like bestland or miller right now. He seems slow to me he got beat half a dozen times each night in last two games. Being better than melnyachuk and schnieder does not make him a keeper also between the two of them they did not make as many mistakes as he did himself. Also for the record I never said cut him I said he needs to go to midget and work on his skating and physical play needs refining as well.

sbtatter
10-11-2010, 09:09 PM
We actually do not need another player like bestland or miller right now. He seems slow to me he got beat half a dozen times each night in last two games. Being better than melnyachuk and schnieder does not make him a keeper also between the two of them they did not make as many mistakes as he did himself. Also for the record I never said cut him I said he needs to go to midget and work on his skating and physical play needs refining as well.
I wouldn't cut him or send him anywhere. He's a keeper, adds a physical presence and skates well. he makes some mistakes as all the rookies do, but he's a replacement for Bestland next year. In 2 years Roy, Fransoo and Pulock will be better than him, but he'll be a steady d-man, every team needs a couple of them.... Melnychuk is our best d-man at the moment, then Miller and Bestland. Then I have Hunter and Roy, followed by Pulock. That order will change as Fransoo, Roy and Pulock get experience and move up the depth chart
We may disagree KK, but that's ok, because we're disagreeing with some respect for each other!!

Joe Hallenback
10-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Hunter is fairly solid. He is alot like Schneider but he won't make that bonehead play a game. He is only 17 and he certainly does not need to go to midget as he already played Junior A last season in Portage.

People need to have some patience. I remember people saying Fransoo was "too slow" in preseason or TRADE MELNYCHUK. These kids are going to be good in their 18,19 and 20 year old seasons

olwpgjet
10-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Next season we will likely have the following 8 d-men

Melnychuk (91) Miller (92)
Fransoo (93) Hunter (93)
Roy (94) Pulock (94)
Waltz (95) Kuczeck (94)

I really like the look of that defensive core

PLEASE , not an overage season from Melnychuk, couldn`t take it.

sbtatter
10-15-2010, 05:33 PM
PLEASE , not an overage season from Melnychuk, couldn`t take it.

He gets singled out a lot cause he's slow on the turn, but he's a steady player, and every team needs those sort of guys

Brandonite
10-16-2010, 03:28 PM
This team has alot of issues and the longer McCrimmon drags onto these extra players, things are never going to get better!
1. Carrying 3 goaltenders is ridiculous and totally unfair to all 3. None of them know if they are going or staying and the uncomfortable part is definitely there for all 3 kids. Trade one or do something because its completely bull and unfair to all these guys when they are all capable of playing lots of minutes in this league. None of these guys should be sitting in the stands the way this is going.
2. Melnychuk & Miller: If our defence is going to be weak, then lets go young! Because Brodie Melnychuk as our top d-man is ridiculous! He is no better than Roy. Go with the young kids because having a guy like Melnychuk be our top d-man is painful to watch every night. He's slow, he gives the puck away countless times and he cant make a hard first pass to save his life. Bestland atleast gives it 100% all the time, but many would agree he needs to be much better too. At the same time, so much is being asked out of guys like Miller & Bestland. Miller has been a healthy scratch for two straight years, and now hes on the top pairing expected to shut other teams top guys down and people are calling him out! Thats not his fault and the same with Bestland. Miller is a 5-6 defenceman, not a 1-2 guy!
3. Play Roy more!! This kid is unreal for a 16 year old. He is so calm and looks so much like Aulie out there. Play him lots, because he fully earns every minute of ice.
4. What do people see in Swrypia?? He gets knocked off the ice way too easy, and every pass he makes gets intercepted. I realize he is a rookie, but his size is definitely showing!
5. When is Scott Glennie going to be the guy that takes a game over? Remember guys like Eric Fehr where regardless of who his linemates were, he was going to put up numbers. If Schenn isn't with Glennie, he disapears! He is trying to do so much, but its not happening. He needs to play the wing also, watch him every time he gets the puck. He takes the puck wide to the outside because he is a natural winger, not a centerman!

sbtatter
10-16-2010, 04:21 PM
This team has alot of issues and the longer McCrimmon drags onto these extra players, things are never going to get better!
1. Carrying 3 goaltenders is ridiculous and totally unfair to all 3. None of them know if they are going or staying and the uncomfortable part is definitely there for all 3 kids. Trade one or do something because its completely bull and unfair to all these guys when they are all capable of playing lots of minutes in this league. None of these guys should be sitting in the stands the way this is going.
2. Melnychuk & Miller: If our defence is going to be weak, then lets go young! Because Brodie Melnychuk as our top d-man is ridiculous! He is no better than Roy. Go with the young kids because having a guy like Melnychuk be our top d-man is painful to watch every night. He's slow, he gives the puck away countless times and he cant make a hard first pass to save his life. Bestland atleast gives it 100% all the time, but many would agree he needs to be much better too. At the same time, so much is being asked out of guys like Miller & Bestland. Miller has been a healthy scratch for two straight years, and now hes on the top pairing expected to shut other teams top guys down and people are calling him out! Thats not his fault and the same with Bestland. Miller is a 5-6 defenceman, not a 1-2 guy!
!

Our defence isn't weak though is it, the goals against are just fine. We just have to accept that it's a rebuilding year and the next 2 years we're going to be a good team again. I think you're being pretty critical of Melnychuk, and I haven't heard anyone call Miller out, where has that happened? Our 7 d-men are just fine

SectionNDeserter
10-16-2010, 05:06 PM
We just have to accept that it's a rebuilding year and the next 2 years we're going to be a good team again.Weren't you the guy that said a few months ago that Brandon doesn't rebuild? ;)

sbtatter
10-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Weren't you the guy that said a few months ago that Brandon doesn't rebuild? ;)

I don't think so, I'm the guy who wants to trade Glennie at Xmas for prospects, even if it means we miss the playoffs. KM says Bdn don't rebuild, they retool, sells more ST's if everyone believes that!!
But I want us to rebuild this year, play the kids.

SectionNDeserter
10-16-2010, 05:54 PM
You are right, it was the other sbtatter, Dagley. ;)

sbtatter
10-16-2010, 06:03 PM
You are right, it was the other sbtatter, Dagley. ;)

That's funny! Anyway, it's our turn to suffer, you guys on the other hand have the most dynamic player in the league and a top 3 tender, could be a great season for the Rebels.....

GlutenGlutton
10-16-2010, 08:29 PM
3. Play Roy more!! This kid is unreal for a 16 year old. He is so calm and looks so much like Aulie out there. Play him lots, because he fully earns every minute of ice.
4. What do people see in Swrypia?? He gets knocked off the ice way too easy, and every pass he makes gets intercepted. I realize he is a rookie, but his size is definitely showing!
5. When is Scott Glennie going to be the guy that takes a game over? Remember guys like Eric Fehr where regardless of who his linemates were, he was going to put up numbers. If Schenn isn't with Glennie, he disapears! He is trying to do so much, but its not happening. He needs to play the wing also, watch him every time he gets the puck. He takes the puck wide to the outside because he is a natural winger, not a centerman!

- Liston is staying, one of Boews-Rimmer is out. Neither is tradable until they prove themselves and other teams realize that their own young goalies aren't cutting it. Expect a move after the road trip, either a trade or a cut.
- Give Swripa time. We need another top 2 Centre. Most players have to adjust to the speed of the WHL as rookies. He's having to adjust to the size issue at the same time AND doing it against other teams' top lines, not an ideal situation to be putting players in but that's why they call it rebuilding.
- On Roy, see Swyripa. We have the luxury of easing the young D in, no sense in killing confidence and giving them more than they can handle too soon. Look for a changing of the guard in the new year
- Glennie became scared to cut inside last season and continues to try to play the game from the outside this year. You can get points doing that when Schenn and Calvert are on your line, not when you're expected to be the go to guy. Has to get over it and be willing to pay the price or it will be a short career. The fights were a good sign, they at least show he cares and wants to get better.