PDA

View Full Version : Favreau to Brandon for Schneider

dsquared
10-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Regina Pats have acquired 20 year old defenceman, Mark Schneider from the Brandon Wheat Kings in exchange for 18 year old forward, Dominick Favreau.

west coast
10-10-2010, 06:58 PM
looks like the Pats are in a revolving door mode .Favreau wasnt doing much for the pats anyway

patsdude114
10-10-2010, 07:16 PM
the Pats need a revolving door policy right now & trading away veterns something Parker was afraid to do. It makes everyone more accountable knowing that the veterns dont have a secure spot & it makes them all compete harder.

Another nice trade by TraderLang, this is what i have been waiting for from Lang is him not afraid to pull the trigger at any given time... whats that 3 trades in 4 days now?

I still think Lang is going to move 1 of our goalies too for someone different... just to shake the crease up abit next. Cant do much worse then what we have between the pipes anyways.

sbtatter
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
looks like the Pats are in a revolving door mode .Favreau wasnt doing much for the pats anyway

Good trade for both players and teams, neither guy was going to bring much in a trade, so hopefully works out for everyone!

dagley
10-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Schneider is terrible...he was an absolute embarrassment to watch this weekend.

west coast
10-10-2010, 09:43 PM
the Pats should look to obtain a forward in an effort to win hockey games 8-7 , Regina needs a lil more offense

Bepoleon
10-10-2010, 10:45 PM
LOL. if anything we need a legit tough guy. We've been getting picked on a little bit and we need to glue Carters gloves to his hands. We need him to score points not to stick up for his teammates (even thou its appreciated that someone is).

patsdude114
10-11-2010, 03:04 PM
LOL. if anything we need a legit tough guy. We've been getting picked on a little bit and we need to glue Carters gloves to his hands. We need him to score points not to stick up for his teammates (even thou its appreciated that someone is).

Ummm did u not hear about the trade between the Pats & the Cougars????

Art Bidlevskii is just that tough guy but he is injuried for i think another week with a broken thumb, the guy has 476 PIM in 3 yrs (& those 3 yrs he was 16/17/18 not normally ages where guys are referred to as a tough guy)

SectionNDeserter
10-11-2010, 03:49 PM
the guy has 476 PIM in 3 yrsAnd he was -95. Hopefully he gets a chance to fix some of that horrendous +/- now.

patsdude114
10-11-2010, 04:45 PM
And he was -95. Hopefully he gets a chance to fix some of that horrendous +/- now.

-95 on terrible PG teams prob isnt too bad lol

sbtatter
10-13-2010, 09:50 AM
How did Schneider look in his 1st game for the Pats?

animalx
10-13-2010, 02:28 PM
I thought he did o.k. . I watched this game on the whl site. The defence looked fine. last night was all about the offence, or lack thereof.

sbtatter
10-13-2010, 02:51 PM
I thought he did o.k. . I watched this game on the whl site. The defence looked fine. last night was all about the offence, or lack thereof.

Good, I hope he has a decent year in Regina, he was just a victim of the #'s game here

nivek_wahs
10-13-2010, 03:21 PM
How did Schneider look in his 1st game for the Pats?Schneider played pretty well. Looked as though he fit right in. It's nice having a dman that at least looks as though he knows what he's doing out there (besides Bell and Davidson). A definite passing grade for his first game with the club.

chalk_one_up
10-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Schneider played pretty well. Looked as though he fit right in. It's nice having a dman that at least looks as though he knows what he's doing out there (besides Bell and Davidson). A definite passing grade for his first game with the club.

What was the deal with Favreau that things didn't work out in Regina? I just see him being a former first rounder, a player with so much potential, but just can't piece together or have seen him enough to really gauge into why it didn't pan out.

I have this feeling that a move is what Dominic needed and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him game turn around with a different coach and franchise.

patsdude114
10-13-2010, 08:10 PM
How did Schneider look in his 1st game for the Pats?

Schneider looked very solid, taking some minutes away from Davidson which was in dier need.

On a side note as hard as this is for me to say, Sparrow played really well last night against Kootney. Finished his checks & even handled the puck well. Maybe Sparrow needed a vetern presence on the backend to help his game out. Cuz lets face it couldnt learn much from Teubert when Sparrow skates better then Teubert does.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-25-2010, 11:13 PM
After some time has past, overall Im pretty happy with this trade. Schneider has played pretty well, and provides some stability on both sides of the ice. Though he is only here for 1 year, I doubt Favreau would have been here for even that long and be able to contribute as much.

This is stellar asset management by Lang if you ask me, seeing as we were ready to release Favreau to junior A.

sbtatter
10-26-2010, 06:13 AM
After some time has past, overall Im pretty happy with this trade. Schneider has played pretty well, and provides some stability on both sides of the ice. Though he is only here for 1 year, I doubt Favreau would have been here for even that long and be able to contribute as much.

This is stellar asset management by Lang if you ask me, seeing as we were ready to release Favreau to junior A.

Yup, it was a good trade for both teams being as though we were about to release Schneider to the U of M Bisons, now both individuals get a 2nd chance.
The one trade where we might have cause to complain is only getting a 6th rounder for Rimmer

Brandonite
10-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Yup, it was a good trade for both teams being as though we were about to release Schneider to the U of M Bisons, now both individuals get a 2nd chance.
The one trade where we might have cause to complain is only getting a 6th rounder for Rimmer

Im sorry but I dont think Schneider would have just walked on to the Manitoba Bisons. Maybe at one point he was told there would be a spot available for him but that team is incredibly deap on defence, thats their strongest point. He wouldn't crack the top 6 this year for the Bisons! I think they're defence would be real tough to beat in the CIS.

Chad Erb : 4 Years WHL Experience (Wheat Kings)
Jeremy Schappert : 5 Years WHL Experience (Seattle Thunderbirds)
Dane Crowley : 5 Years WHL Experience, Tampa Bay Draft Pick, 55 GP in Pro
Myles Rumsey : 4 Years WHL Experience, Calgary Flame Draft Pick
Travis Mealy : 3 Years QMJHL Experience
Brandon Lockerby : 3 Years WHL Experience
Zach Tully : 4 Years Junior A Experience

Not too shabby for a University squad...

patsdude114
10-26-2010, 01:30 PM
it is all about the situations the players get put in... i always thought Schneider was a solid Dman just played behind the likes of Robak, Hamonic & Urbom. Now he is put in more of a front & center role & is really excelling with it. Yes it means the Pats defense was that weak before Schneider got here but now our top 4 looks very solid on paper with Schneider, Davidson, Bell & Bidlevskii throw in Blistrand who is still learning the north american game & the Pats little turn around since Bidlevskii & Schneider have got here is all becuz of our defense now.

Scoring goals hasnt been much of a concern for the pats this year or the past few years it has been keeping the puck out of our own net. Which falls back on the defense & goaltending. With Ketlo back & playing very well as a 19 yr old should be the Pats could climb in the division standings as PA is definately a surprise early on & will not stay that high at all. Not saying the Pats will be up there but if they get quality defense & goaltending like they have these last 3 or 4 games there is no reason at all the Pats cant be staying in 3rd in the division.

The Pats have a much better offense then MJ has, MJ just has a solid goaltender along with a solid defense. Brandon has injuries right now & is suppose to be a rebuilding year anyways look for Calvert to be dealt as they wont screw around like Parker did with Eberle & Tuebert. Hell even if Brandon is still low in the standings around trade deadline the WKs could very well move Towes as well he is a very skilled 20yr old.

Brandonite
10-26-2010, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=patsdude114;156803]it is all about the situations the players get put in... i always thought Schneider was a solid Dman just played behind the likes of Robak, Hamonic & Urbom.

I agree to a point but if your thinking your getting a solid top 4 guy, your big time wrong! Schneider is a very good d-man when he plays, in other words the kid is made of glass! I swear he gets hurt putting his gear on! He never played behind guys like Urbom and Hamonic, he was simply way out of their class period! On a better than average team, Schneider would be a 5-6 guy. But Regina is not a better than average team, sorry. He will definitely help, and like it was previously said this really does help both sides as both players get to continue their WHL careers. At the end of the day, Schneider is a WHL player, not a Junior A guy so Im happy to see he found a home but I'll be very surprised (and Im very serious about this) if he plays any more than 50 games for Regina because of his constant injuries

witness
10-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Right now, The Wheat Kings are not heads and shoulders above the Pats. Standing wise or skill wise. Schneider's play has not been outstanding, but he has been dependable. With the return to the ice of Bidlevskii, it has aloud the Pats to take some ice away from Davidson and Bell. Which has made Davidson and Bell more effective. Tough to play a physical game when you are gassed in the third.

The addition of Schneider and Bidlevskii will also help with the development of Blindstand, Spooner and Pavkovich. They can now be situational players and not your 4th defensemen. Pavkovich is playing really well. Has shown more development in the last four games than Borstmeyer did all of last year. But, to be fair, Pavkovich has had more ice time in the past 4 games than Borstmeyer had all of last year.

I think the biggest turn around is that Hunt has figured out that he has more players on the bench than just the first 2 lines and 4 defensemen.

Trevor
10-26-2010, 04:09 PM
The Pats have a much better offense then MJ has, MJ just has a solid goaltender along with a solid defense. Brandon has injuries right now & is suppose to be a rebuilding year anyways look for Calvert to be dealt as they wont screw around like Parker did with Eberle & Tuebert. Hell even if Brandon is still low in the standings around trade deadline the WKs could very well move Towes as well he is a very skilled 20yr old.

I'm presuming you mean Glennie? Calvert moved on to the AHL, and it looks questionable at best if Schenn is being returned.

patsdude114
10-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm presuming you mean Glennie? Calvert moved on to the AHL, and it looks questionable at best if Schenn is being returned.

ya sorry i meant glennie not calvert