PDA

View Full Version : borstmayer

west coast
10-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Tyler Borstmayer demoted to junior A this morning .The kid needs playing time , and has to work on skating and building strength to make his mark in the dub

patsdude114
10-11-2010, 03:00 PM
this move is about 1 year too late to be fully honest... he wasnt ready last year why was he on the roster then??

Same can be said of Peel this year, every shift this kid plays he plays scared, he needs another year for his body to mature & gain more confidence.

west coast
10-11-2010, 03:45 PM
good points Patsdude.The revolving door keeps spinning

witness
10-11-2010, 04:47 PM
The demotion is tough for a kid's ego. But, it is for the best. Borstmayer needs to play. And needed to play last year. He is another example of the fact that the Pats can't develop young talent.

With Favreau, Gustaffson, Hutt, Carlson and Borstmayer gone, the only one left is Spooner.

I like Peel's game. I agree that he is small. but he is smart and has some top level skills. Would it kill him to play a year of midget? No. But if the Pats are going to keep him, he needs to play. Not scratched and playing one shift every period.

patsdude114
10-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I like Peel's game. I agree that he is small. but he is smart and has some top level skills. Would it kill him to play a year of midget? No. But if the Pats are going to keep him, he needs to play. Not scratched and playing one shift every period.

I like Peel's game too but he is small & plays scared out there on a regular basis. He does have the smarts to not take the hits but he is very afraid to go into the corner's 1st.

I completely agree tho if he is on the roster he needs to be playing games, u dont learn from up in the stands u learn from actually playing the game. Something Hunt doesnt understand with young players.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-11-2010, 05:01 PM
dumb move. very dumb move with even worse timing.

when Borstmayer actually did get playing time, he looked so much better than he did last year when he wasnt ready. Not great, but showing improvement, unlike Sparrow, who is 19 and no better at this point. Sparrow wont...and most definitely SHOULDNT be here next year.

This was supposed to be an important year for development for the kid, now he might not even be in future plans at all. Another doozie of a move by this ****ty organization.

patsdude114
10-11-2010, 05:15 PM
dumb move. very dumb move with even worse timing.

when Borstmayer actually did get playing time, he looked so much better than he did last year when he wasnt ready. Not great, but showing improvement, unlike Sparrow, who is 19 and no better at this point. Sparrow wont...and most definitely SHOULDNT be here next year.

This was supposed to be an important year for development for the kid, now he might not even be in future plans at all. Another doozie of a move by this ****ty organization.

i agree SAJ that he has looked good this year when he has played, much better then Sparrow has at any point this year. This move should of been made last year for Bortsmayer & had been given a full time job this year.

Was this move Lang's or was it on Hunt's reconmendation??? (im sure i spelt that wrong lol) If it was Lang's move his 1st move i disagree with

witness
10-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Are you saying that the Pats should have kept Borstmayer and released Sparrow? Then I disagree. Sparrow's contribution to the Pats is underappreciated. He is a 19 year old that is stronger than Borstmayer. There is no real upside to Sparrow (like there is for Borstmayer). Sparrow plays the 7th d-man role well. He is a guy that can go out for 3 or 4 shifts a period and play a bit of penality kill. He can eat up some minutes to give the top 4 a rest.

Will he be back as a 20 year old? No, not likely.

But it is conceivable that Borstmayer could be back later this year with more confidence.

RWiggum
10-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Keep a 19 yr old as a 7th D man??????? Are you kidding, Borstmayer can eat a few minutes a game as well and be here for a couple years.Sparrow is gone at end of year...hello development!!!!

patsdude114
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Borstmayer can eat a few minutes a game as well and be here for a couple years.Sparrow is gone at end of year...hello development!!!!

a few mins a game isnt going to develop Borstmayer he needs to be playing a regular shift... he will be back with the team after xmas im sure, but this move should of been done last year not this year.

RWiggum
10-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I hear what your saying Patsdude, but Hunt has to make a committment to develop him and as a 6 or 7 D man he has to devote enough minutes to the kid. Having older kids as 6/7 Dmen or 4th line Forwards makes no sense. At some point you have to committ ice to them in this league. I do agree he should never have been here last year but as a 17 yr old he needs ice here and now.:D

nivek_wahs
10-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Keep a 19 yr old as a 7th D man??????? Are you kidding, Borstmayer can eat a few minutes a game as well and be here for a couple years.Sparrow is gone at end of year...hello development!!!!Pavkovich could easliy be the 7th defenceman he's 2 years younger than Sparrow and are both very similar players. I wish Peel would stick around but I doubt that there is enough ice for him.

lordstanley
10-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Chalk up another loss so when do we get Weal ?

lostsheep
10-12-2010, 09:44 PM
mmmm Weal in Blue and silver it would be a good match i think:clap:
________
Lyme Disease Advice (http://www.health-forums.org/lyme-disease/)

patsdude114
10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Chalk up another loss so when do we get Weal ?

we could 1-71 & u still wouldnt get Weal..... trading Weal would make no sense at all as he will definately be back as a 19 yr old next season & hell for his size will prob be back as a 20 yr old as well.

Ashton will be dealt at some point tho, & most likely Frazee too... hell the way Ashton is playing lately wed be lucky to get a 5th rd pick for him, he is slowly playing his way off Team Canada tryout roster

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-12-2010, 10:18 PM
sorry steven, but the blades are never getting weal. If weal gets traded its out west where he cant burn the pats.

lordstanley
10-12-2010, 11:03 PM
I was kind of joking i know weal is young still and their is no point in dealing him but the Blades are low on the RW side and could use a guy like Ashton maybe playing in his home town would get him out of his funk

And SAJ who are you calling steven ? me or lostsheep cause my name is dave

Hockey Spy
10-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Borstmayer was a kid who was 6'3 at the age of 13 years old and simply would dominate in bantam hockey and in Saskatchewan. His skating was fine, he wasn't very aggressive and to me those were huge warning signs.

There are so many kids who grow fast, mature early in peewee, first year of bantam or in their draft years only to falter when other kids catch up to them.

A prime example of this also is Brent Benson from the Blades. He was hands down the top 13 year old player in Western Canada at that time, leading every single tournament as a first year bantam in scoring. Yes, that includes tournaments with Nugent-Hopkins, Rattie, St. Croix, Schwartz and others. By the time he was 14 and in his bantam draft year, you could see kids catching up to him slowly and he was arguably not even the top bantam player by the end of the season. In fact, he was taken 6th overall which was about right at that time.

Now, Benson would be a mid-late first round pick. Borstmayer, well, he would likely be a 5th-6th rounder right now. Just an example of how things can change and something to watch down the road.