PDA

View Full Version : Hewitt

patsdude114
10-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Well after tonights performance by Hewitt i must say it prob puts alot of doubt in Ketlo & Guhle's minds.

Yes his 1st game was abit shakey but he did do alot of good things in the game against TC, hope Hunt gives this kid a few more games in a row & see how he hands/plays with consective starts. The kid has excellant rebound control, something Ketlo & Guhle cant say.

Oh & also Hewitt actually knows how to play the puck, we havent had a solid puck playing goalie since Tartaglino (if i spelt that right)

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-12-2010, 10:20 PM
I kind of think that though hewitt was excellent tonight, that this wont happen too often, especially if the team we face has any finish.

patsdude114
10-13-2010, 08:07 PM
well TC had finish & he was very nervous in his 1st career start he looked alot more calm out there tonight. His rebound control is excellent, & the kid knows how to play the puck & where to leave it for his Dmen (something Ketlo & Guhle both struggle with)

I know it is only 1 solid game but it wasnt like the game against TC he was completely brutal. I know he gave up 6 goals but most definately 3 or 4 of them were very bad positioning by our defense where he had hardly any chance to begin with (most likely Ketlo & Guhle let those in too) I just think this kid gives abit more spark between the pipes alittle growing pains may happen but i would be willing for that with a raw rookie compared to Guhle or Ketlo making the same/different mistakes game in & game out.

Lets face it Ketlo & Guhle have each had there chance, most noteablely Ketlo. Ketlo had a year of back up duty behind Rowat, & when he got his chance to be the #1 guy lets face it he didnt grab it & make it his to lose. A below sub-par season on a team that had no problems scoring goals (as we were what 5th or 6th in league scoring) with any half asses goaltending last year a goalie who could make a save when the D made a mistake, we would of made the playoffs at least. Not saying it would of made a big difference if we had made it.

Im all for seeing what Hewitt can do given the chance to play a few games during a stretch. Also even the game against TC Sutter not once blamed Hewitt & said that both him & Hunt liked alot of things they saw from him.

patsdude114
10-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Hewitt puts in another solid performance in LETH & picks up a 3-2 SO win with also another 1st star of the game. Hewitt is definately putting pressure on Ketlo now with 2 very solid performances & even the game against TC where he let in 6 goals he played well made some key saves but didnt have much help defensively which prob would of been the same outcome for Ketlo or Guhle as well but then again maybe even worse as Hewitt doesnt give up those 2nd or 3rd chances much something Ketlo & Guhle do on a regular basis.

Maybe the Pats have a goalie & they didnt even know it until recently???

Bepoleon
10-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Give the kid the reigns! I like what I've seen so far from Hewitt. Have Guhle as as the back-up. Ketlo has been given his shot this year and last and has not impressed me at all.

nivek_wahs
10-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Pulled after giving up 3 goals on 4 shots... Not his fault. Just sayin'.

Ketlo in 6 shots/6 saves.

patsdude114
10-16-2010, 10:06 PM
i didnt see the game so dont know how much of a chance Hewitt had on the goals he allowed. Nice to see the Pats getting some goals tho 4 isnt too bad at all gives u a chance to win.

Ketlo let in 4 goals i believe on 28 shots (i could be wrong closed the game summary already) not sure if they were typical Ketlo goals against or not.

I think out of all 3 goalies we have tho Lang as to look at who may give us the best return in a trade. Be it a draft pick or a roster player (which wouldnt expect much in a player) I think u gotta keep Hewitt tho as him & Guhle are both 18 & Hewitt is a much better goalie then Guhle is. So really with that said Ketlo would give u the best return & i do believe Ketlo would be a very strong back up behind a legit #1 guy could give a team a pretty good 1/2 punch between the pipes.