PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen get down to 3 overagers as Stebner is traded

Hitmen1
10-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Calgary, AB – Calgary Hitmen General Manager Kelly Kisio announced today the club has traded 20-year-old defenceman Zak Stebner to the Tri-City Americans in exchange for a third round pick in the 2011 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

The move reduces the Hitmen roster to a league maximum three overagers.

“This was a very difficult trade to make as Zak is a quality defenceman and individual who was a big part of our championship team in 2010,” said Kisio. “However with an abundance of young defencemen on our roster, this move opens up a lot of key minutes on our blue line allowing the needed playing time for their development.”

The Hitmen overagers this season are Tyler Fiddler, Misha Fisenko and Kris Foucault.
http://www.hitmenhockey.com/article/stebner-dealt-to-americans

MVNWriter23
11-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Does Foucault look any better than he did a season ago? Is he playing dominant like an overager should or does he still seem like the same streaky player he has been the last 3 years?

Hitmen1
11-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Does Foucault look any better than he did a season ago? Is he playing dominant like an overager should or does he still seem like the same streaky player he has been the last 3 years?

Same player in my opinion. Can be very dominating for times but then can really disappear. He is now out with an upper body injury, likely a separated shoulder.

peatfan
11-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Agree with hitman1. Still a streaky player but he has shown more aggresiveness, even protecting one of his teammates by fighting an enemy who hit his teammate from behind. But again it's good game, bad game, so-so game, repeat. Not the dominant overager we need. Still think he will be traded at deadline to a contender who needs a secondary scorer.

MVNWriter23
11-02-2010, 08:30 AM
So skillwise you would both agree he is basically the same player as he was last year, except for the fact he may be asserting himself a bit more physically?

Hitmen1
11-03-2010, 11:30 AM
So skillwise you would both agree he is basically the same player as he was last year, except for the fact he may be asserting himself a bit more physically?

Again I think it is a consistency issue with Kris. Some games, periods, he asserts himself physically but other times he tends to avoid the physical aspect of the game.

MVNWriter23
11-05-2010, 03:19 PM
In a few games I got to see him play last year and in the Memorial Cup. He reminds me of Benoit Pouliot. A guy who can show you some flashes of some great skill and then lots and lots of nothing in between. So would you say enigmatic is a good adjective to describe Kris?

Hitmen1
11-06-2010, 05:34 PM
In a few games I got to see him play last year and in the Memorial Cup. He reminds me of Benoit Pouliot. A guy who can show you some flashes of some great skill and then lots and lots of nothing in between. So would you say enigmatic is a good adjective to describe Kris?

Yeah that is a good way of describing Kris. I consider him very lazy. He has lots of talent but refuses to work hard, imo.