PDA

View Full Version : Greasy 2-1 Blades road win

Hockey Spy
10-15-2010, 09:52 PM
On a night where the Red Deer Rebels out-worked and out played the Blades for the final 2 periods, Steven Stanford was able to steal a road victory for Saskatoon in Red Deer.

The Rebels are a very fast team with perhaps the best player in the league in Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Whenever the kid was on the ice, he made things happen. The way he can burst through the offensive zone, spin, twirl and make plays, it was a treat to watch. Ferguson for Red Deer I thought played strong. In fact Red Deer just really wanted to win this one it seemed and exact some revenge from last years playoffs.

However, the Blades are now 7-1, have won 5 in a row and head to Lethbridge tomorrow in what should be a better effort for Saskatoon.

Trav
10-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Stanford has been great for us all year long which has come as no surprise.

Backhand
10-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Greasy? More like a slick win by the best team in the WHL! Hope there were several NHL scouts dazzled (dizzy) by RNH play. Huge game & 60 mins of hard fought win. Blades goalie had the 1 GAA tonight ;)

whlking
10-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Looks like the Blades may be legitmate contenders after all. You guys could sure use a player like Carter Ashton. Would the Blades be willing to part with Brent Benson and a 1st round pick for him?

lostsheep
10-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Why is there a push for Carter to be a Blade, he dosent seem to be a huge game breaker like people say he is. I just dont see it.
________
GAY UNDERWEAR (http://www.****tube.com/categories/643/underwear/videos/1)

SectionNDeserter
10-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Numerous times in this game, Gogol was warned for stuff after the whistle, and right after about his third warning, he slashed Weller on the way to line up for the faceoff (right in front of the ref), and Molleken immediately called him off the ice, and appeared to be screaming at him, and Gogol appeared to be mouthing off to him as he went to the bench. Playing his way off another team perhaps?

Rye
10-16-2010, 02:56 PM
He's just been really cocky every since he signed that contract. That's the chirp he uses too "That contract I signed is pretty sweet" ... pathetic what a $100,000 signing bonus does.

Rye
10-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Looks like the Blades may be legitmate contenders after all. You guys could sure use a player like Carter Ashton. Would the Blades be willing to part with Brent Benson and a 1st round pick for him?

I don't think you understand trades at all. Maybe you should go back and start working on a 22 team trade.

lostsheep
10-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Back to the Gogol thing, my kids were out for the post game skate with the team a week or so back. My 16yr old came off the ice and said he had fun being out there with his little sister, and all the players were gracious hosts. He also said that Curt didnt seem all that into the event. Maybe the attitude is a little bit too much. He is not a super star as far as i can tell. Besides that Bob Probert was one of the toughest players ever, and would look for the little kids outside the room to give autographs, and hats to. There is someone Curt could learn a few things from. The games i have watched he shows about 5 minutes where he want to be a player, then the rest of the game beaking and stirring the S**t. This could be a sign of things to come, and playing short handed is not something i want to watch. Getting under the oppostion skin is one thing beaking cause your cocky is ignorant.
________
MARIJUANA MEDICAL (http://medicalmarijuana.us/)

SectionNDeserter
10-16-2010, 05:01 PM
My point was though, that he appeared to be beaking off to Molleken while Molleken was waving him off the ice and yelling at him. Sign of a good coach though, his team was getting outplayed a bit in the last two periods, and he spotted one of his players about to take a stupid penalty or two, and he diffused the situation.

SectionNDeserter
11-02-2010, 03:45 PM
And two weeks later... He is gone. Molleken doesn't strike me as someone that would take a whole lot of crap from players, especially on the ice in front of 5000 people.

reims
11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
And two weeks later... He is gone. Molleken doesn't strike me as someone that would take a whole lot of crap from players, especially on the ice in front of 5000 people.

your right he doesnt put up with any crap....look at the inglis trade...bad attitude with tones of talent...didnt mater to lorne sent him packing...and i like this move...gogol was out of control taking dumb penalties almost everytime on the ice...i applaude this trade:clap: