Tinner
05-13-2005, 11:53 AM
whats the situation with 20 yr olds

Knuckle Chucker
05-13-2005, 02:07 PM
whats the situation with 20 yr olds

A lot will depend on the NHL

No NHL: Reggie, Colliton, and Kozak or Schafer

NHL: Kozak, Schafer, Erikson. One of Reggie or Colliton could be back which would leave out Erickson.

I can't see the following 20's being back: Novak, Waker

Knuckle Chucker
05-13-2005, 10:31 PM
i disagree .. kozak will play in minors no matter what. i think beauch will be back and 50-50 colliton . my 3 picks are beauch , cooliton and erikson

If it works that way Erikson doesn't get the spot over Shafer. I am sure Kozak is back but who knows.

Knuckle Chucker
05-14-2005, 10:51 AM
what does shafer bring to the table

A lot of grit and experience on the back end. Without him we don't have a 20 yr old back there. Remember he lost a bit of his grit after getting his jaw broke in a fight. I am sure he was warned not to drop the mits too often after that. That will change next year. Our coaches like to have plenty of experience at the D-spot. Look at the last two years. Young/Ardlin & Schlenker/Fritshaw. But in saying this, I don't think they have much choice but to keep Reggie, Kozak, and JC if they all come back. Those 3 20's would be a force next year. Of course all of this analysis is without throwing trades into the mix.

All I can say is how many days till the start of training camp?????

Wildeyes
05-14-2005, 04:58 PM
there is no doubt that JC will be in the minors next yr. the good thing bout him is that he is a really good 2 way player but really good on the d part of his game which would make him a good 3rd line center. for any minor leauge if it is the A or Echl where ever they want to send him

I would really like to see erickson back what energy, Kozak's got grit but he wants to go pro, schafer would be really good back on D just maybe hast to get a little tougher next yr, waker would get us a trade for a 2 or 3 round draft pick if they trade him, Reggie will be back garunted Philly is to stocked on goalies to keep him on the bench he will if he does go he will be in the Echl. what ever happens will be intersting from now till the 20yr old deadline comes Novak will probably get us a 4th round draft pick if he gets traded but in the end he will probably play junior A hockey somewhere.

anything else

Knuckle Chucker
05-14-2005, 08:35 PM
there is no doubt that JC will be in the minors next yr. the good thing bout him is that he is a really good 2 way player but really good on the d part of his game which would make him a good 3rd line center. for any minor leauge if it is the A or Echl where ever they want to send him

I would really like to see erickson back what energy, Kozak's got grit but he wants to go pro, schafer would be really good back on D just maybe hast to get a little tougher next yr, waker would get us a trade for a 2 or 3 round draft pick if they trade him, Reggie will be back garunted Philly is to stocked on goalies to keep him on the bench he will if he does go he will be in the Echl. what ever happens will be intersting from now till the 20yr old deadline comes Novak will probably get us a 4th round draft pick if he gets traded but in the end he will probably play junior A hockey somewhere.

anything else

Wanting to go pro and being ready to go pro are two different things. For Rick's sake I hope he is ready. For the Raiders sake I hope he is not. I personally think he needs one more year of Jr. under his belt.

Knuckle Chucker
05-15-2005, 12:47 AM
any way we look at it we probably go from having pretty much the worst 20's to the best. wyldeyes i'll bet you a cold one colliton is back next year! and i know where to collect

Do you think Fritshaw and Schlenker were the worst 20's??
yes i do

westbeach55
05-15-2005, 09:16 AM
At the start of the year i would have agreed on Fritshaw as the worst 20 but i think he lead our team in the playoffs and i would have liked to see cruse in the line up instead of pearpoint.

Wildeyes
05-15-2005, 10:45 AM
any way we look at it we probably go from having pretty much the worst 20's to the best. wyldeyes i'll bet you a cold one colliton is back next year! and i know where to collect

Your on buddy western light Please! :p :clap: