PDA

View Full Version : ROSTER

Brandonite
10-16-2010, 03:29 PM
This team has alot of issues and the longer McCrimmon drags onto these extra players, things are never going to get better!
1. Carrying 3 goaltenders is ridiculous and totally unfair to all 3. None of them know if they are going or staying and the uncomfortable part is definitely there for all 3 kids. Trade one or do something because its completely bull and unfair to all these guys when they are all capable of playing lots of minutes in this league. None of these guys should be sitting in the stands the way this is going.
2. Melnychuk & Miller: If our defence is going to be weak, then lets go young! Because Brodie Melnychuk as our top d-man is ridiculous! He is no better than Roy. Go with the young kids because having a guy like Melnychuk be our top d-man is painful to watch every night. He's slow, he gives the puck away countless times and he cant make a hard first pass to save his life. Bestland atleast gives it 100% all the time, but many would agree he needs to be much better too. At the same time, so much is being asked out of guys like Miller & Bestland. Miller has been a healthy scratch for two straight years, and now hes on the top pairing expected to shut other teams top guys down and people are calling him out! Thats not his fault and the same with Bestland. Miller is a 5-6 defenceman, not a 1-2 guy!
3. Play Roy more!! This kid is unreal for a 16 year old. He is so calm and looks so much like Aulie out there. Play him lots, because he fully earns every minute of ice.
4. What do people see in Swrypia?? He gets knocked off the ice way too easy, and every pass he makes gets intercepted. I realize he is a rookie, but his size is definitely showing!
5. When is Scott Glennie going to be the guy that takes a game over? Remember guys like Eric Fehr where regardless of who his linemates were, he was going to put up numbers. If Schenn isn't with Glennie, he disapears! He is trying to do so much, but its not happening. He needs to play the wing also, watch him every time he gets the puck. He takes the puck wide to the outside because he is a natural winger, not a centerman!

Allin44
10-17-2010, 11:42 AM
This team has alot of issues and the longer McCrimmon drags onto these extra players, things are never going to get better!
1. Carrying 3 goaltenders is ridiculous and totally unfair to all 3. None of them know if they are going or staying and the uncomfortable part is definitely there for all 3 kids. Trade one or do something because its completely bull and unfair to all these guys when they are all capable of playing lots of minutes in this league. None of these guys should be sitting in the stands the way this is going.
2. Melnychuk & Miller: If our defence is going to be weak, then lets go young! Because Brodie Melnychuk as our top d-man is ridiculous! He is no better than Roy. Go with the young kids because having a guy like Melnychuk be our top d-man is painful to watch every night. He's slow, he gives the puck away countless times and he cant make a hard first pass to save his life. Bestland atleast gives it 100% all the time, but many would agree he needs to be much better too. At the same time, so much is being asked out of guys like Miller & Bestland. Miller has been a healthy scratch for two straight years, and now hes on the top pairing expected to shut other teams top guys down and people are calling him out! Thats not his fault and the same with Bestland. Miller is a 5-6 defenceman, not a 1-2 guy!
3. Play Roy more!! This kid is unreal for a 16 year old. He is so calm and looks so much like Aulie out there. Play him lots, because he fully earns every minute of ice.
4. What do people see in Swrypia?? He gets knocked off the ice way too easy, and every pass he makes gets intercepted. I realize he is a rookie, but his size is definitely showing!
5. When is Scott Glennie going to be the guy that takes a game over? Remember guys like Eric Fehr where regardless of who his linemates were, he was going to put up numbers. If Schenn isn't with Glennie, he disapears! He is trying to do so much, but its not happening. He needs to play the wing also, watch him every time he gets the puck. He takes the puck wide to the outside because he is a natural winger, not a centerman!

The Goalies will be rectified soon. I think they've pretty much decided on who they are going to keep, now its just a matter of finding a trade for the one that goes(I am betting on Rimmer leaving).

Brodie is not as bad as most people think he is, he just gets singled out, a lot. He isn't a true #1 but this team doesn't have one. You can't rely on Bestland as a #1 as he only plays for the big hit and misses 50% of the time and the guy winds up getting a great chance.

Roy is going to be a hell of a player, but you need to shield the young guys a bit.

Glennie goes wide because hes so fast he can burn the dmen on the outside. I think his problem is a lot like Topilkos was. He gets going so fast he can't make a solid play with the puck.

Rye
10-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Heard a rumor that Rimmer was traded to Prince George today, not sure for what in return though.

Johnny Table
10-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Heard a rumor that Rimmer was traded to Prince George today, not sure for what in return though.

Yes he was for a 6th round pick.

Digi
10-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Well, at least the goalie situation is resolved. Would've liked to see Rimmer stay, but o well, what can you do.

As for Glennie, it is unfortunate that he hasn't been able to put up decent numbers (yet), but in the games that I've seen him play, he is all over the zone and his teammates just stand there, not doing anything to support him or get open. It has left me scratching my head on several occasions. I've heard alot of people get on his case at the games for not playing well, but imo, I really don't think he has been that bad. I'm sure by the time this road trip is over, Glennie's numbers will start to look better.

Also, I absolutely agree with Brandonite on the defense. Having Brodie as a #1 or #2 defencemen is just disgusting to me. It would be hard for me (with the exception of Schneider) to think of a worse player. He doesn't hit, won't take a hit, and constantly coughs up the puck. I don't think our young guys could ever be worse than that. Get rid of BM and let the kids have at 'er.

NOTE: I normally don't like ripping on players, especially guys on the team I cheer for, but come on, this guy has to go.

wheaties89
10-18-2010, 11:04 PM
i dislike things about bm game as much as the next guy but i cant see him being traded as someone has to log some minutes on this team this year. i would love to see roy, pulock and fransoo play alot more but not sure it would be good for their developement to just throw them in there. maybe by christmas or something once there adjusted to the speed. i remember robak and aulie not playing alot in there first seasons and it seemed to work out for them

Joe Hallenback
10-20-2010, 08:49 AM
I am beginning to think Brodie has been sleeping around town with everyone's girlfriend/wife/sister/daughter he gets so much heat. I think he has been fine this year. Probably one of the better players for Brandon so far. I have to agree that exposing 2 16 year olds night after night early in the season is probably not a good thing. Both Roy and Pulock will end up playing alot as the season goes along but exposing them slowly is the right thing to do. Fransoo and Hunter seem fine as well. The Brandon defense as a group is actually pretty good so far.

We are having trouble scoring right now and that is why we are losing. The team is still working its ass off night in and night out but they haven't gotten any bounces. With Ferland and Toews out that is 2 pretty big pieces to lose. With both those guys back in we are probably back to being a very strong team. Right now we look like the young team we are.

Everyone knew this was a transistion year and really if our record sucks so be it. This team is going to be not just good in the next 2-3 years but very good.

Also I think he made the right decision in trading Rimmer. Both Liston and Boes have looked good and really they offer the same option as Rimmer but are both a year younger.

sbtatter
10-20-2010, 10:21 AM
I am beginning to think Brodie has been sleeping around town with everyone's girlfriend/wife/sister/daughter he gets so much heat. I think he has been fine this year. Probably one of the better players for Brandon so far. I have to agree that exposing 2 16 year olds night after night early in the season is probably not a good thing. Both Roy and Pulock will end up playing alot as the season goes along but exposing them slowly is the right thing to do. Fransoo and Hunter seem fine as well. The Brandon defense as a group is actually pretty good so far.

We are having trouble scoring right now and that is why we are losing. The team is still working its ass off night in and night out but they haven't gotten any bounces. With Ferland and Toews out that is 2 pretty big pieces to lose. With both those guys back in we are probably back to being a very strong team. Right now we look like the young team we are.

Everyone knew this was a transistion year and really if our record sucks so be it. This team is going to be not just good in the next 2-3 years but very good.

Also I think he made the right decision in trading Rimmer. Both Liston and Boes have looked good and really they offer the same option as Rimmer but are both a year younger.

I agree with a lot of what you posted. Melnychuk takes a lot of heat, and most of it's unjustified. He's not a #1 d-man, he's a #3 d-man, but he and Miller have done just fine in that top pairing role. No doubt Fransoo and Roy have more potential than BM, but they are young so ease them in slowly as KM has done so far.
Expectations for this season were raised far to high with the quick start, this is definetly a rebuilding year, that's why I've said all along to trade Glennie and Schenn (if back) after the WJC and build for the next 2 years, no shame in that

dagley
10-20-2010, 06:11 PM
If Brodie didn't ***** out on pucks going into the corner, or try and stick handle around three guys I wouldn't have too much against him, it's just he *****es out in 80% of plays...and anybody who watches could attest to this

sbtatter
10-20-2010, 10:48 PM
If Brodie didn't ***** out on pucks going into the corner, or try and stick handle around three guys I wouldn't have too much against him, it's just he *****es out in 80% of plays...and anybody who watches could attest to this

He's not a hitter, but he's not the cause of the teams slump. How many times do we have to tell you that he's a #3 d-man being asked to play a #1 role. He's not a superstar, he's average.
If you fans have to start a witch hunt, start with the scorers who aren't scoring. But my advice would be to chill and watch the young guys develop and we resume our winning ways next season