PDA

View Full Version : Kootenay vs Edmonton

Reg Dunlop
10-20-2010, 01:44 PM
A game for the Ice curved more like a mountain a child draws or one of those cheesy cone bras Madonna wore back in the 80's. The guys came out so awesome looking like they were going to hammer the guys from the city of champions To a second period of ...utter crap whack back and forth, and poke my eyes out. To an amazing 3rd period by both teams.

When Martin (Who is geting better and better every time I see him play) Scored the first goal I thought it was in the bag. The Ice were all over them. But after Edmonton's Hickmott scored (which I missed the goal because I was talking to the lady asking to get butter on my popcorn at the concession. Because something I guess was wrong with the popcorn machine and we all know plain popcorn sucks) The Ice and the Oil Kings started playing like crap. It was like watching Junior D hockey for about 20 minutes.

It took just a little over 1 minute for Reinhart Jr. Jr. Jr. Jr. to score his first WHL goal from an amazing pass from Jessie Ismond. Which not only the goal but his whole performance (which earned him 3rd star) Made all Ice Fans wish that there should be no age at which a kid can start here.

Then Paulsen got a BS call for holding which was followed up by an even bigger BS call on Fraser for hooking. Then Paulsen got a break away out of the box and scored his first WHL goal.

Now on the last goal I am 100% positive Dirk got it but the announcer said Hurley and so did another blog I read and the paper. But I was standing right by that corner (thought Hurley took a crazy risk going down how he did but it paid off) There is no way he tipped it. The WHL network has credited Dirk for the goal which I know he got. Great pass and play there by Hurley.

Very fun game to be at. Minus the second period.

Klarc Wilson must feel like such an idiot after trying to play the tough guy role after jumping Fraser and getting OWNED. Fraser made a clean hit and he snapped. Edmonton really seemed to hate clean hits and I was going to let them know that I heard the Canadian Womans Hockey League is looking for new teams and if they don't like hitting they should transfer to that league.

Also there was another guy that thought he was tough on Edmonton but I don't blame him I blame both coaches on this crap # 7 Stephane Legault he had frequent flyer miles to the Penalty Box. All of them as dumb like he was up drinking with the announcer at the game screwing up everything he said. ( I bet if the janitor at the Rec Plex went through his bag or the announcers car they would find a bottle of 151 over proof) Along with the Oil Kings coach. Who would play a guy who does so many dumb things?

Anyway thats me rant, Eh tickets are $20, Beer is $5.50, Popcorn is $4.00 what else can I say..................

On another note anyone else liking the great play of Christian Magnus the last couple of games???????????/

therat
10-20-2010, 02:56 PM
A game for the Ice curved more like a mountain a child draws or one of those cheesy cone bras Madonna wore back in the 80's. The guys came out so awesome looking like they were going to hammer the guys from the city of champions To a second period of ...utter crap whack back and forth, and poke my eyes out. To an amazing 3rd period by both teams.

When Martin (Who is geting better and better every time I see him play) Scored the first goal I thought it was in the bag. The Ice were all over them. But after Edmonton's Hickmott scored (which I missed the goal because I was talking to the lady asking to get butter on my popcorn at the concession. Because something I guess was wrong with the popcorn machine and we all know plain popcorn sucks) The Ice and the Oil Kings started playing like crap. It was like watching Junior D hockey for about 20 minutes.

It took just a little over 1 minute for Reinhart Jr. Jr. Jr. Jr. to score his first WHL goal from an amazing pass from Jessie Ismond. Which not only the goal but his whole performance (which earned him 3rd star) Made all Ice Fans wish that there should be no age at which a kid can start here.

Then Paulsen got a BS call for holding which was followed up by an even bigger BS call on Fraser for hooking. Then Paulsen got a break away out of the box and scored his first WHL goal.

Now on the last goal I am 100% positive Dirk got it but the announcer said Hurley and so did another blog I read and the paper. But I was standing right by that corner (thought Hurley took a crazy risk going down how he did but it paid off) There is no way he tipped it. The WHL network has credited Dirk for the goal which I know he got. Great pass and play there by Hurley.

Very fun game to be at. Minus the second period.

Klarc Wilson must feel like such an idiot after trying to play the tough guy role after jumping Fraser and getting OWNED. Fraser made a clean hit and he snapped. Edmonton really seemed to hate clean hits and I was going to let them know that I heard the Canadian Womans Hockey League is looking for new teams and if they don't like hitting they should transfer to that league.

Also there was another guy that thought he was tough on Edmonton but I don't blame him I blame both coaches on this crap # 7 Stephane Legault he had frequent flyer miles to the Penalty Box. All of them as dumb like he was up drinking with the announcer at the game screwing up everything he said. ( I bet if the janitor at the Rec Plex went through his bag or the announcers car they would find a bottle of 151 over proof) Along with the Oil Kings coach. Who would play a guy who does so many dumb things?

Anyway thats me rant, Eh tickets are $20, Beer is $5.50, Popcorn is $4.00 what else can I say..................

On another note anyone else liking the great play of Christian Magnus the last couple of games???????????/

Was it Wilson who fought Fraser after that hit? I watched some of the game and I didn't think it was Wilson.

Reg Dunlop
10-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Was it Wilson who fought Fraser after that hit? I watched some of the game and I didn't think it was Wilson.

You are right. It was Boomer who did it to Wilson mildly. Fraser hit Ewanyk. Fraser made that guy look so dumb.

fightstrap50
10-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Boomers hit was MONSTER man! and 100% clean. best hit of the year so far.

In the crowd
10-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Me and the guy I was sitting with also thought Dirk scored that goal. I didn't even think hurley had enough time to get to the net after his pass.