PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought...

witness
10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
i think that it is obvious that the Pats will be sellers this year. What are the assets left.
Carter Ashton
Jordan Weal
Brandon Davidson
Garret Mitchell

Other teams may want to upgrade a 20 with Frazee and Reddin has been better than I thought he was.

I would hate to see the Pats lose Weal. He does have to potential to play for another 2 years. But, if the price is right ...

Garrett Mitchell has more value playing for the Pats than anywhere else. heart and soul guy with limited offensive potenial. But, could contribute to a playoff team ...

Again Brandon Davidson, should most likely be back next year. Steady d-man are hard to come by. I can see him as a piece that the Pats would build around next year.

The big chip seems to be Ashton. I can see the potential and maybe it is the team he is on, but he is inconsistant (just like everyone else). I think he would be better served as a 2nd line player. There is no way on earth that the Pats would be able to recover what they gave up for him. the Pats, quite frankly, paid too much. I have no idea why Balog is playing in Weyburn and not in Lethbridge, but he is having a great start to the year. Balog was/is a prime prospect. Never mind the top 4 pick that Lethbridge will get this year.

As I said, there is no way that anyone will give a 1st round pick for Ashton. Unless Lang holds onto him and a contender has injury issues at the deadline. Always a possibility, I guess. I also can't see him going to an eastern team (unless they want to give up the above mentioned 1st rounder).

Here is my proposal:
Regina sends Carter Ashton and a 2011 6th round pick to Portland for Taylor Leier and Portland's 2011 2nd round pick and 2012 5th round pick.

The Pats need to upgrade their 16 and 17 year old prospects (the 15 year olds are first class). Taylor Leier is a 16 year old forward that is from Saskatoon. In my opinion, he has a huge offensive upside. This trade gives the Pats a player that can play now and a chance to stock pile picks.

Thoughts???

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-20-2010, 03:38 PM
The sooner Ashton gets traded the better, mostly because its only a matter of time it happens. Even if we somehow go through a big winning streak and he scores a big clip, that would be all the more reason to move him. I could see someone giving up a 1st for him. He has an impressive resume, intriguing strengths in his game, and his struggles could be attributed to playing on ****ty teams.

And I'd like Mitchell to get traded. He's a scrappy player and he hustles, but is not really progressing or even fitting right now. He is a team player, but outside of being a complimentry player offensively he is impossible to match chemistry with. He is a blackhole offensively, and now he isn't sticking up for teammates anymore because of an increase of role due to the lack of experienced depth. His reputation for effort grit and decent numbers will give him some value, maybe a decent pick and/or a decent prospect.

I agree Davidson should stay, as his play will be more appreciated if he gets some help back there. We got him for nothing, so if he leaves to pro next year(doubt he does), its not as big of a problem. His numbers are not reflective of his play, as he sees over 30 minutes seemingly every night on a team that often gets overwhelmed. Probably the team's unsung hero.

Weal should go if only because he deserves time on a contender. Of course, whether to move him or not should take considerable thought and if the price is right(and team is out west). The 20s have been good, especially Frazee, but I would only move them if they could net a good enough pick/prospect coming back.

...you are right there are not too many assets to trade worth value. Going to be an interesting annual team face lift this year.

west coast
10-21-2010, 07:54 PM
i was reading on the blueliner that Ricard Blidstand is a minus 11 on the season.That stat is alarming ! He is not as good of a skater as he thinks he is.Just a tip...keep it simple and move the puck back there....

patsdude114
10-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Ricard Blidstand is a very smooth skater just lacks the defensive side of the game. With Philly paying the Pats development money dont look for his ice time to get cut back either, he is here to develop even if its only for a AHL Dman. He passes the puck very well just too bad not many players on our team can actually receive a hard crisp pass.

witness
10-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Blindstand needs to learn how to use his body to separate the man from the puck. He spends way too much time trying to stick check. Use your body man!!

nivek_wahs
10-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Blindstand needs to learn how to use his body to separate the man from the puck. He spends way too much time trying to stick check. Use your body man!!I have to agree. He's trying to be too fancy and gets burnt a lot.

patsdude114
10-22-2010, 03:53 PM
I agree as well for how big he is he should be using his body alot more then just his stick.

Also i dont know if its just me or is Roznik a total waste of a euro? He just doesnt look like he wants the puck, once he gets it he seems not too bad but its getting the puck not much hussle out of him at all. But with that said i did miss wednesday game against LETH as damn work gets in the way but thankfully i am laid off now as i write this my layoff happened like 20 mins ago, sweet deals been ready for my lay off since end of sept

nivek_wahs
10-22-2010, 04:49 PM
I agree as well for how big he is he should be using his body alot more then just his stick.

Also i dont know if its just me or is Roznik a total waste of a euro? He just doesnt look like he wants the puck, once he gets it he seems not too bad but its getting the puck not much hussle out of him at all. But with that said i did miss wednesday game against LETH as damn work gets in the way but thankfully i am laid off now as i write this my layoff happened like 20 mins ago, sweet deals been ready for my lay off since end of sept

I wouldn't call him a "waste" of an import. The guy has played 3 games with the Pats and 2 of those were on the road. He's apparently got a concussion now and who knows how long he'll be out. I didn't get a good enough of an impression to say if he's good or bad..... He's new to the league and needs time to adapt the the WHL and the Pats "system".... Time will tell.