PDA

View Full Version : Glennie question...

patsdude114
10-21-2010, 11:07 PM
looking at his stats 9games -7 & i think 5 pts has glennie really been that bad this season to start?

this is only going off stats alone tho & could be wrong, could just be the injuries that the WKs have at the moment too.

Joe Hallenback
10-22-2010, 07:12 AM
No he hasn't been that bad at all. I actually think he is playing better then last year. He is probably trying to do too much and that is hurting him. I think Wiebe has been far worse this season so far. Hopefully when Ferland,Stone and Toews come back we get back on track

sbtatter
10-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Wiebe as a captain is on the same level as Teagan Moore's tenure.

Crush Kill Destroy
10-22-2010, 09:40 AM
No he hasn't been that bad at all. I actually think he is playing better then last year. He is probably trying to do too much and that is hurting him. I think Wiebe has been far worse this season so far. Hopefully when Ferland,Stone and Toews come back we get back on track

...and Schenn.

Wheatie Pete
10-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Weibe never was a goal scorer he is a hard worker and grinder. Gets most points digging in the corner and passing it to a goal scorer or dirty goals while taking abuse in front of the net.

Speaking of Teegan Moore , Glennie looks more like one of his speedy team-mates(Jeff Topilko). Glennie tries the same move as Topilko, use speed to burn the d-man wide. More often than not, he loses the puck or gets angled to the corner or behind the net. He is a pretty one dimensional player, if he can`t burn you wide he is useless. He thinks he is the man now so he doesn`t use his speed to pull a d-man out of position for a nice feed to an open team mate, as he doesn`t know the word PASS. Heaven forbid he mucks it up on the inside.

It`s pretty easy for opposing teams to line up their best d-men against our so called weapons as we have very few of them.

dagley
10-23-2010, 12:53 PM
#10 will be back shortly.

lordstanley
10-23-2010, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the laugh

Boltz9
10-23-2010, 03:22 PM

I'd be shocked.

patsdude114
10-23-2010, 08:01 PM
i doubt schenn will be back he is 6th on the Kings for shots avgs over 12 mins of ice a game

Hockey Spy
10-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Schenn with another point tonight...

The chances of Schenn coming back are slim and none and slim just left town.:groovy:

Looks like the 9th loss in a row tonight for the Wheaties. Look for Glennie to be dealt very soon, likely to a west division team such as Kelowna.

booboo
10-23-2010, 08:48 PM
I sure hope he is sent back to junior as the Wheats are taking it on the chin so far on their road trip. Something positive needs to happen before the guys begin to lose faith. The injuries to Toews and Ferland hurt a lot more than I thought they would. I know that we have a very young team but it is the older players like Glennie and Wiebe that are ****ting the bed. We are not getting much help at all from our 2 euros---send them home and bring in a couple of 16's---at least they might have some future upside that Miertz and Gustafsson do not have. The defence is trying but lack experience. We do not have a bonafide number 1 or 2 defenceman---Melnychuck and Bestland are 3rd pairing at best. They make as many mistakes as the rookies???? No wonder we are struggling. Any thoughts out there?:groovy:

SectionNDeserter
10-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Look for Glennie to be dealt very soon, likely to a west division team such as Kelowna.Kelowna has the worst record in the west, I am not sure they would be looking to add some scoring to make a push for the title...

Hockey Spy
10-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Kelowna is a lot better than you think.

Not sure Glennie is a type of player that would push a team over the top.

when Barrie and McColgan regain their form, they will be a good team.

booboo
10-23-2010, 10:08 PM
I think Kelly McCrimmon may be waiting until the Schenn thing is settled before making a move or moves. If neceesary trade both Glennie who needs a change of scenery, and Schenn who apparently wants a change of scenery.We might as well bite the bullet this year and with the prospects we have and the ones we would get in those trades start all over. What is wrong with our powerplay--3 for 51---we have guys playing on the pp that shouldn't be there---you need good puck handlers--not guys who make across ice blind passes. Listening to the Chilliwak game tonite we have scored 2 powerplay goals but had enough chances to score 8 pp goals.:dead:

localguy
10-23-2010, 10:28 PM
I think Kelly McCrimmon may be waiting until the Schenn thing is settled before making a move or moves. If neceesary trade both Glennie who needs a change of scenery, and Schenn who apparently wants a change of scenery.

Sounds like the Sbisa fiasco. We dealt with it for two years here. Good luck.

dagley
10-25-2010, 12:34 AM
I would have been fine trading Glennie last year, he seems to slip a bit each and every year. I have nothing against the guy, but he definitely needs a change of scenery and would get a good return for him, especially if a team is looking for a pure goal scorer, just make sure you have someone to give him the puck.

Boltz9
10-25-2010, 02:24 PM
I would have been fine trading Glennie last year, he seems to slip a bit each and every year. I have nothing against the guy, but he definitely needs a change of scenery and would get a good return for him, especially if a team is looking for a pure goal scorer, just make sure you have someone to give him the puck.

I see him as more of a playmaker, not a pure goal scorer. He has started lots of good breakouts, but it ends up in no one being able to get open for the pass. I'm pretty fine with the team shipping him off for some picks/young talent so we can build up for the next couple years.

And on the note of injuries, I heard that Ferland thinks he can be ready to play for the next home game, so we will see.

King Klash
10-26-2010, 03:18 PM
KM needs to trade Glennie right away the fans in this town do not deserve a player like him. I wish I was coaching any team in the Dub right now the Wheatkings would be easy to beat first they have one guy that can score so you put two guys on him and the supporting cast can't score so do not worry about them. Also the fans are beating up on the players so they have no morale but hey this town has the most knowledgable fans in the league just ask them. I have said many times there is no such thing as building for the future every year you need to ice the best team you can you only get the players for 3 years on aveage the first year is shot learning the whl game then 2 decent years of contributing then they are 20 you can only keep 3 overage. If you start trading players for the future where do you stop the future never comes. I will be wrong of course never mind the fact that besides playing the game I have done everything from stick boy to manager. Go ahead let the ridicule begin I expect nothing but.

Wheat Kings #1
10-26-2010, 05:18 PM
KM needs to trade Glennie right away the fans in this town do not deserve a player like him. I wish I was coaching any team in the Dub right now the Wheatkings would be easy to beat first they have one guy that can score so you put two guys on him and the supporting cast can't score so do not worry about them. Also the fans are beating up on the players so they have no morale but hey this town has the most knowledgable fans in the league just ask them. I have said many times there is no such thing as building for the future every year you need to ice the best team you can you only get the players for 3 years on aveage the first year is shot learning the whl game then 2 decent years of contributing then they are 20 you can only keep 3 overage. If you start trading players for the future where do you stop the future never comes. I will be wrong of course never mind the fact that besides playing the game I have done everything from stick boy to manager. Go ahead let the ridicule begin I expect nothing but.

I think you have had a few to many King Cans! Not even sure what your message is here? First you say trade Glennie right away, then you say trading for the future never ends?? Do some homework, the Brandon Wheat Kings in the last 10-15 years have won as many or more games than any junior team in ALL of Canada. (if I did some homework, I could give you the exact amount of years). They are a very good consistant team every year and maybe one down year after going to the Memorial Cup final isn't all that bad.

King Klash
10-30-2010, 08:41 AM
The trade Glennie right away was sarcasm. What I am saying simply is in the whl every year you need to do what is best for that year there is really no such thing as trading for the future the future is now every year there really is no such thing as rebuilding years. I think that is proven with your own statement which was "if I did my homework I would see that over the last ten to fifteen years the wheatkings have had pretty good teams" I agree they have been pretty good teams but there was never any rebuilding which is what I was saying there is no such thing as rebuilding in the whl the time is too short we only get these players for approximately 3 years.

Allin44
10-30-2010, 11:23 AM
The trade Glennie right away was sarcasm. What I am saying simply is in the whl every year you need to do what is best for that year there is really no such thing as trading for the future the future is now every year there really is no such thing as rebuilding years. I think that is proven with your own statement which was "if I did my homework I would see that over the last ten to fifteen years the wheatkings have had pretty good teams" I agree they have been pretty good teams but there was never any rebuilding which is what I was saying there is no such thing as rebuilding in the whl the time is too short we only get these players for approximately 3 years.

Rebuilding in the WHL means trading away your 19 year olds for 16 or 17 year olds that will help you the year after, and the year after that.

It's exactly what the WKs should be doing this year.

sbtatter
10-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Rebuilding in the WHL means trading away your 19 year olds for 16 or 17 year olds that will help you the year after, and the year after that.

It's exactly what the WKs should be doing this year.

Amen brother