PDA

View Full Version : Raider Injury Log

chalk_one_up
10-25-2010, 09:57 AM
As per: http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

The Prince Albert Raiders will be without D Nathan Deck, 20, for up to six weeks. He was injured Friday in a 9-2 loss to the visiting Medicine Hat Tigers. F Tyler Pitlick was hit with a kneeing major on the play and awaits word from the WHL office on the length of his suspension. . . . “From what I’ve been told, it’s a torn MCL and (Deck’s) out four to six weeks, unfortunately,” Bruno Campese, the Raiders’ general manager and head coach, told John MacNeil of the Prince Albert Daily Herald. “I wish it was something different, but it’s not. It’s a huge hole to fill.” . . . The Raiders also are without their other 20-year-old defenceman, Jordan Rowley, who has a broken wrist. He should return sometime over the next two weeks. . . . They also are without D Emerson Hrynyk, 18, who has been out with a separated right shoulder since Oct. 5. . . . Prince Albert did get F Shane Danyluk back on Friday. He hadn’t played this season because of a high-ankle sprain suffered in training camp.

So along with Nathan Deck, the Raiders are without Jordan Rowley and Emerson Hrynyk. The loss of Deck is a big one.

Hockey Spy
10-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Losing your top 2 dmen is definitely a big blow. I mean that would be like Saskatoon losing Zahn and Siemens as a comparable and that would really hurt. Hopefully you guys can whether the storm for the next little bit. I actually like the Raiders as a team this year when they are healthy. I think the defence and offence has a good mix of young/old and size/skill.

It will help that both games this week are home games.

Hockey Spy
10-25-2010, 10:26 AM
I think Bruno is working on something today, watch for an announcemnt later on this morning or early afternoon. Chilliwack?

HockeyGuru
10-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Saw him in Humboldt yesterday talking with a scout from Prince George???Maybe something??

Wildeyes
10-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Deck is going to miss 4-6 weeks with a MCL problem.

Also Pitlick thinks that the penalty did not warrant anything more than a 2 minute minor

Emerson is still 3 weeks away from coming back to the line up

Rowley about 3 weeks as well

Hockey Spy
10-25-2010, 08:32 PM
On the faceoff show on CKBI tonight, Bruno said:

Deck will miss 4 weeks and then be re-evaluated at that point.

Rowley has been fit with a smaller cast and was practicing today and although he wouldn't confirm that Rowley will play this weekend, he said a couple weeks for him only at most.

He said that they will likely use the same lines that they ended the Lethbridge game with. This included using McNeil on the point once again.

He liked how RJ Reed played in the first two games. He said RJ had 8 shots on goal and 4 hits in those games.

Thought Danyluk looked very good and was happy with that.

Also for what it is worth, he said there will be no trades at all coming up to sure up the defence. If anything, he will call up Wasylenko, Atwal or Morrissey he said.

He also went on to say once again that the Raiders are likely the fittest team in the WHL. I guess they are at cooking class tonight (the guys not in high school), apparently they are all taking a cooking class.

He said he didn't want to make excuses but blamed the 9-2 loss on the fact they just came back from a lengthy road trip and that he pushed them too hard with systems play when they got back.

He said with Rowley and Deck out, it gives the youngsters a chance to play in situations they wouldn't normally play in. He says they will be better for it and be a better team when the veterans return.

He also said that there will be no trades to sure up the defence. He said if anything he will call-up Morrissey, Wasylenko or Atwal.

lordstanley
10-25-2010, 08:53 PM
That radio show is a big joke i havent heard it in a year now

All Bruno and Drew do is beat around the bush and barrely give the fans any straight answers !

chalk_one_up
10-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Also for what it is worth, he said there will be no trades at all coming up to sure up the defence. If anything, he will call up Wasylenko, Atwal or Morrissey he said.

He also said that there will be no trades to sure up the defence. He said if anything he will call-up Morrissey, Wasylenko or Atwal.

He didn't happen to say anything about calling up Wasylenko, Morrissey or Atwal at all did he?..LOL

Hockey Spy
10-26-2010, 09:48 AM
He said that there would not be any trades and that they may look at calling up any of those three players you mention if need be yes.

Raider Believer
10-26-2010, 10:04 AM
That radio show is a big joke i havent heard it in a year now

All Bruno and Drew do is beat around the bush and barrely give the fans any straight answers !

I couldn't agree more. In fact I'm sure that movement from Bruno's lips can be detected when Drew speaks.

As for being the fittest team in the league ..... how would he know?

Hockey Spy
10-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Well atleast Bruno Campese takes an hour out of his schedule to address concerns and field questions on a radio show.

There are many teams, Saskatoon included, that don't have such a show and would do well by having one. However, I don't think Les or Lorne are interested in doing as such.

lordstanley
10-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Yeah but when your a good team like the Blades you don't need a call in show to answer any questions the only thing i would like is for the marketing group to do a better job and get more buts in the seats :D

Hockey Spy
10-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Why don't you get your butt in the seat?:groovy:

lordstanley
10-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Well i make it to a fair share 24 games or so other times i work nights

so i do my share :clap:

clockwise
10-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Pitlick got three games for his knee on Deck

westbeach55
10-26-2010, 01:06 PM
don't come on the raider board and start bashing our radio show. to bad you guys can't win in the playoffs and i wouldnt be to high on the blades doesnt look like there putting to many fans in there sits for being a good team maybe u could use a radio show to address this issue.

Yeah but when your a good team like the Blades you don't need a call in show to answer any questions the only thing i would like is for the marketing group to do a better job and get more buts in the seats :D

lordstanley
10-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Thank You for Stanford he is 35-7-4 since being a Blade how is Yaworcrap been for you guys lol

chalk_one_up
10-26-2010, 02:21 PM
don't come on the raider board and start bashing our radio show. to bad you guys can't win in the playoffs and i wouldnt be to high on the blades doesnt look like there putting to many fans in there sits for being a good team maybe u could use a radio show to address this issue.

Now we know the Raiders and their fans aren't lecturing anyone about playoffs.

I'll fix your statement for you...

"Don't come on the Raider board and start bashing our radio show. Too bad you guys can't win in the playoffs. I wouldn't be too high on the Blades; it doesn't look like they're putting many fans in their seats, despite being a good team. Maybe you could use a radio show to address that issue."

I fixed it so people would understand. Not sure what language that was.

BigCat20
10-26-2010, 04:04 PM
I would personally like a blog rather than a radio show. Fans could then send in questions to be answered. I pretty sure every coach would spin/side step some questions. That's part of being a fan, to try and speculate what & why moves/lineups are made. No one will probably know all details of the inglis or mackenzie trades.....just guess from what ur friends brother heard from facebook that a player posted!

westbeach55
10-26-2010, 04:58 PM
If people don't like the radio show then don't listen and it's funny how we have a bunch of blades fans on here complaining about it. ya your not going to get answers to every question you want but its still good to listen to why somethings are going on that a fan wouldn't know.