PDA

View Full Version : Gaelan Patterson good as gone now.

Hockey Spy
10-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Last night Gaelan Patterson played in his 9th AHL game and scored a pair of goals. Patterson now has 6 points in his past 4 games and 5 in his past 3. He is tied for 2nd on the Heat in points.

If there was any glimmer of hope that he perhaps would be sent back, that is all gone now definitely.

My opinion was if Gaelan would've come back, Stanford would've been gone. I do still feel that Morrison can do the job. Perhaps we may see a deal with the Warriors when Rowinski comes back. My opinion is that Rowinski or Hood would be dealt and both players that Lorne should have a look at. However, I'm sure other teams would have interest too.

lostsheep
10-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Patterson has been gone since the end of last season there is no surprise there. with the shakeups in calgary and all there was no question Gaelan would be in Abbotsford. There is plenty of time for trades, we are doing just fine as we are. We may need a goal getter down the road, but lets not jump the gun so soon.
________
Threesome fmm (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1068/fmm/videos/1)

Hockey Spy
10-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Well, if someone comes available, I'm sure Lorne will pull the trigger sooner than later. Many times, acquiring a player in mid January doesn't really give a player enough time to get used to his team mates before playoffs and gel.

lordstanley
10-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Patterson has been gone since the end of last season there is no surprise there. with the shakeups in calgary and all there was no question Gaelan would be in Abbotsford. There is plenty of time for trades, we are doing just fine as we are. We may need a goal getter down the road, but lets not jump the gun so soon.

Couldn't agree more !!!

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Well, if someone comes available, I'm sure Lorne will pull the trigger sooner than later. Many times, acquiring a player in mid January doesn't really give a player enough time to get used to his team mates before playoffs and gel.

What?? So almost 2 months is not enough time for a player to gel with his new team??? C'mon now. It will be interesting to see what is done. Props to both Gaelan Patterson and the Blades though. Like Trav said awhile back,it would not be very hard to make the Heat.

lordstanley
10-26-2010, 10:52 AM
1 other thing if any of you listen to games on the radio keep in mind when the Blades take on the Hitmen Sunday afternoon the game will be aired on magic 98.3 fm because the hiltops football team plays at the same time and Les will be doing that game on 92.9 the bull

Hockey Spy
10-26-2010, 10:57 AM
What?? So almost 2 months is not enough time for a player to gel with his new team??? C'mon now. It will be interesting to see what is done. Props to both Gaelan Patterson and the Blades though. Like Trav said awhile back,it would not be very hard to make the Heat.

Just my opinion.

Sooner the better.

Hockey Spy
10-26-2010, 10:58 AM

As for Patterson, what really helped his cause in making the Heat off the start of the year was the fact that Langkow, Kotalik, Stone are all hurt and have been since the start of the season.

RenegadeStylings
10-26-2010, 11:04 AM
As good as gone now?

He was as good as gone 2 months ago.

Hockey Spy
10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
I disagree that he was good as gone 2 months ago. As of 2 months ago, he was 50-50.

He was as good as gone about 10 days ago with management told him to move out of the hotel and find a home in Abby.

Now he is certainly gone due to showing his offensive side to his game with his recent hot streak.

wango tango
10-26-2010, 02:02 PM
patterson's odds of coming back were pretty small to start. when the flames sent him to abbottsford instead of saskatoon the writing was on the wall.

with the forward group producing like it has, and the defense solidifying it made acolatse tradeable, and allowed the blades the luxury of keeping two veteran netminders who are now both in the top ten in save % in the whl.

good luck to patterson. he hasn't played a lot of hockey over the last three years because of injury. he has speed and strength. if his skills continue to improve he has a legitimate shot at the nhl.

bladesvoice
10-26-2010, 03:39 PM
1 other thing if any of you listen to games on the radio keep in mind when the Blades take on the Hitmen Sunday afternoon the game will be aired on magic 98.3 fm because the hiltops football team plays at the same time and Les will be doing that game on 92.9 the bull

Sunday afternoon's Blades' game from Calgary will still be on 92-9, THE BULL. The final decision from the management of the Saskatoon Media Group of radio stations was to put the Hilltops' playoff football game on MAGIC 98.3 because the change in venue meant a later start time. Plus, I'm going with the Blades to Red Deer and Calgary to broadcast those games.

Les

lostsheep
10-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Les you rock, i love the pre game show and listen all the time thanks for the update
________
Ferruccio Lamborghini (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Ferruccio_Lamborghini)

lordstanley
10-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Sunday afternoon's Blades' game from Calgary will still be on 92-9, THE BULL. The final decision from the management of the Saskatoon Media Group of radio stations was to put the Hilltops' playoff football game on MAGIC 98.3 because the change in venue meant a later start time. Plus, I'm going with the Blades to Red Deer and Calgary to broadcast those games.

Les

Thanks for clearing that up Les keep up the good work :clap:

Hockey Spy
10-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Another example of why we shouldn't listen to Lordstanley. Never gets his facts straight.

lordstanley
10-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Well that what i was hearing on the Blades postgame show last game Les mentioned if the Hiltops won there game on Sunday the Blades would possible be playing on Magic 98.3 against the Hitmen next sunday

so eat it :turkey:

Rye
10-27-2010, 03:00 AM
Another example of why we shouldn't listen to Lordstanley. Never gets his facts straight.

You have yet to prove to anyone here why we should listen to you. You seem to be in a world of your own, I'm not sure anyone here has agreed with you ... just saying.

lostsheep
10-27-2010, 12:07 PM
:clap:Being a Blades fan, and a Calgary flames fan, i cant wait for Gaelan to break the line up in the big show. Its good to see him up where he belongs and doing well.
________
Kids prilosec (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

lordstanley
10-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Gaelan was a late bloomer at 17 i always thought he was fast but lacked the finnish now everything has come together and the guy can be a major force

Good Job Gaelan :clap:

Hockey Spy
10-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Sucks for the Blades though, as they are still missing that 2nd line center that they really need.

I still feel that Benson should play the wing or 3rd line center still. He is a useful player but lacks the foot speed.

It is a bit disappointing for Brent himself and I'm sure the Blades that they have a combined 2 goals from their 2nd, 3rd, 4th line centerman. Mind you they are 16, 17, 17 years old.

lordstanley
10-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Oh wait the beloved Jake Trask will help oh thats right he has 0 goals in 14 reg season games this year lol i barrelly have even noticed the guy nice pick up

Hockey Spy
10-27-2010, 01:21 PM
The problem is after Viedensky, Hamilton, Dziurzynski and maybe Nicholls is that the next top scoring forward has 2 goals. That player is Stansky and he hasn't scored in a while and actually his play has really taken a turn downward.

What happens if Dziurzynski and Hamilton along with Elliott all get invites for the World Juniors. Who is going to score really?

They will have to address this issue and fast.

lordstanley
10-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Well the second line center was suppose to be inglis's but he got into to trouble so thats that maybe to get more balance you can let Nicholls play center on the second line as he can play center

lostsheep
10-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Just a thought but maybe we look at a person like Jimmy Bubbnick, or Cody Sylvester. There are a few teams that are not off to great starts, that may need a small shake up. Scott Glennie, all three have playoff experience, and at the end of the year may help be the playoff guys we may need. with that being said i do like our current line up. The Trask trade seems too soon to tell, hopefuly he can get it together and put a point or two up.
________
Depakote problems (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)