PDA

View Full Version : Schenn good as gone

Hockey Spy
10-26-2010, 11:03 AM
http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

Time to start selling assets now if your K-MAC.

dagley
10-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Yeppers, oh well..I had my hope. lol

brandonboy
10-26-2010, 02:53 PM
It is just a blog.... If Murry was to keep Schenn and Clifford he would have to send away two of Westgarth, Richardson or Lewis.. Now i can see Lewis going but they need Westgarth as a legit hevywieght and Richardson had a hatrick the other night so who really knows!

King Klash
10-26-2010, 03:22 PM
The only guy that truely knows is the GM and he is not saying anything

Brandonite
10-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Schenn didnt even play last night for Los Angelas. You would think they'd be playing him atleast if they were keeping him. He certainly wont be sitting in the stands as a healthy scratch. Even if he does come back, there is absolutely no reason to keep him as a Wheat King. Get rid of him and Glennie both, and bring in the future. But knowing McCrimmon, hes always satisfied with just barely getting by and as long as this team is in playoff contention whether it be 8th place or 1st place, McCrimmon see's the season as a success in his eyes. If he keeps even one of the 2, I won't be pleased. They both need to go, plus for Glennies sake he needs a change big time!

reims
10-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Schenn didnt even play last night for Los Angelas. You would think they'd be playing him atleast if they were keeping him. He certainly wont be sitting in the stands as a healthy scratch. Even if he does come back, there is absolutely no reason to keep him as a Wheat King. Get rid of him and Glennie both, and bring in the future. But knowing McCrimmon, hes always satisfied with just barely getting by and as long as this team is in playoff contention whether it be 8th place or 1st place, McCrimmon see's the season as a success in his eyes. If he keeps even one of the 2, I won't be pleased. They both need to go, plus for Glennies sake he needs a change big time!

Dont be so sure he wont sit as a healthy scratch half the year...remember gillies and the wild, they did the same thing to him...and if they happen to run into injuries hes in...i wouldnt sy hes comin back to brandon for sure just becuase he was scratched one game!

wango tango
11-09-2010, 02:27 PM
remember gillies and the wild, they did the same thing to him.

schenn has far greater offensive potential than gillies. i hope the la kings don't wreck schenn like the wild seem to have done with gillies. minnesota screwed up with gillies development, the new management there basically said as much.

i can see the logic of la keeping schenn, but long term i wonder if it will hurt brayden more than help him. getting lots of practice time, being in the pro environment, etc. are all important, you also have to get at least a little regular playing time. and that's not happening right now.

i also understand schenn has little to prove at the junior level after being in a wjhc, and a memorial cup. he didn't win either, so if he were to get returned to junior, i hope he would get the opportunity to win both.

schenn has played 8 nhl games, so one more before la has to make a decision. i hope for brayden's sake no matter which direction it is, it turns out to be the right one.

Rye
11-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Per Bob McKenzie on Twitter!

Terry Murray on Brayden Schenn: my gut feel on it is he might need to go back and play, go to junior and play.

Scout
11-11-2010, 06:23 AM
Wednesday could be decision day for Kings' Kyle Clifford, Brayden Schenn
November 10, 2010 | 1:37 pm

With an important deadline approaching for the Kings to decide whether they will keep 19-year-old forwards Kyle Clifford and Brayden Schenn or return each to his respective junior team, Coach Terry Murray said Wednesday he intends to have Clifford in the lineup Thursday against Dallas at Staples Center but will sit Schenn for the third straight game.

That would be Clifford’s 10th game, which would activate the first year of his contract. After he plays 10 games the Kings could still return him to Barrie of the Ontario Hockey League, but they could not recall him this season.

Murray said he and General Manager Dean Lombardi planned to meet Wednesday afternoon to discuss their thoughts on the two youngsters. Asked whether it would be more beneficial to keep Schenn here without playing him or return him to Brandon of the Western Hockey League, Murray was blunt.

“My gut feeling on it is that he might need to go back and play, go to junior and play,” Murray said after the Kings’ practice in El Segundo.

“That’s my gut feel. That will be the conversation we have, so that’s not a firm, strong opinion, obviously, it’s just my opinion. It has a little bit of weight but it doesn’t carry everything.

“So we’ll discuss it and we’ll see where it comes out.”

During practice Lombardi declined to disclose his intentions. “I guess we’ll find out. Actions speak louder than words,” he said.

When asked if it served Schenn and the team best to have him here without playing, Lombardi said, “I guess that’s what we’re working through right now, to see if it serves the purpose of the team and making him better. Those are the two issues.”

Lombardi said the decision would not be based on finances or cap issues. Schenn’s NHL salary would be $900,000, but he also has $2.115 million in bonuses, and has a cap hit of $3.140 million. Clifford would earn $685,000 plus bonuses, for a cap hit of $870,000. The Kings have about $6 million in cap space, according to capgeek.com and nhlscap.com.

We’ll have more later, including defenseman Jake Muzzin saying he welcomed being sent to Manchester to work on his game -- but he’s glad to be back and will be playing Thursday.

-- Helene Elliott

olwpgjet
11-11-2010, 10:29 PM
We are not that far off a 500 team right now. If we get Schenn back, and ( keeping him and Glennie), we could be in the upper half of teams realistically. From what I have seen of Liston, we have better goaltending this year , than last year. Forwards look decent , not as powerful as last year but Schenn,
Glennie , Stone, Wiebe , Ferland, Toews, Walker , Ciarelli, and some decent looking new guys, we're all right at forward. Defence needs to come aways but alot of rookies in the lineup and by late season, some of these guys will be looking pretty good I think with some experience. So what I am saying is it would be tough to trade away your stars for the future when you have a contending team. With Schenn ,I think we are pretty close so don't think we will see those trades for the future this year.

Allin44
11-12-2010, 08:34 AM
We are not that far off a 500 team right now. If we get Schenn back, and ( keeping him and Glennie), we could be in the upper half of teams realistically. From what I have seen of Liston, we have better goaltending this year , than last year. Forwards look decent , not as powerful as last year but Schenn,
Glennie , Stone, Wiebe , Ferland, Toews, Walker , Ciarelli, and some decent looking new guys, we're all right at forward. Defence needs to come aways but alot of rookies in the lineup and by late season, some of these guys will be looking pretty good I think with some experience. So what I am saying is it would be tough to trade away your stars for the future when you have a contending team. With Schenn ,I think we are pretty close so don't think we will see those trades for the future this year.

Our problem LAST year wasn't offense, it was defense, and our defense consisted of

Hamonic, Urbom, Robak

We might make it through 2 rounds in the playoffs, but we would get torched against a real offensive team.

Trade the 19 year old forwards away this year, let the defense mature, and pick up some young forwards for next year.

King Klash
11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
It is obviously a good thing your not the gm I say hold on till closer to deadline and if we have a chance then you need to hold on to what you got one or two rounds of the playoffs is better than no playoffs

sbtatter
11-12-2010, 03:31 PM
It is obviously a good thing your not the gm I say hold on till closer to deadline and if we have a chance then you need to hold on to what you got one or two rounds of the playoffs is better than no playoffsNot if we get assets for Schenn that set us up when we're better prepared over the next 2 seasons...

Allin44
11-12-2010, 03:33 PM
It is obviously a good thing your not the gm I say hold on till closer to deadline and if we have a chance then you need to hold on to what you got one or two rounds of the playoffs is better than no playoffs

It's a good thing I'm not the GM because your opinion is different?

I have no issues if they hold onto #10 & #15 until the deadline, I just do not see the value of keeping them and praying our young defense/goaltending holds us through a round or two of the playoffs and then having squat to show for it next year.

patsdude114
11-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Our problem LAST year wasn't offense, it was defense, and our defense consisted of

Hamonic, Urbom, Robak

We might make it through 2 rounds in the playoffs, but we would get torched against a real offensive team.

Trade the 19 year old forwards away this year, let the defense mature, and pick up some young forwards for next year.

It wasnt even defense as ur problem last year it was goaltending plain & simple, there was no need for the WKs to hold onto Lewadniuk as a 20 yr old, the best possible move that was out there was even to land Zemlak or Jung while trading Lewadniuk with a prospect and/or a 3rd rd pick. With a solid goaltender the WKs would of had a much better chance in the WHL playoffs but still wouldnt of made a difference against the high powered Spitfires.

wheatiesfan
11-13-2010, 12:32 AM
It's a good thing I'm not the GM because your opinion is different?

I have no issues if they hold onto #10 & #15 until the deadline, I just do not see the value of keeping them and praying our young defense/goaltending holds us through a round or two of the playoffs and then having squat to show for it next year.

I like waiting til near the deadline before deciding to make a trade. But I am not writing anything off on this season as yet. Our goaltending is young, but in my oppinion much better than last year. Our defense is young but they are really starting to play as a solid unit. Our forwards are less explosive, but if Schenn comes back and Glennie keeps improving we could have a very good run if we were to pick up an experienced defenceman to help out. This trading for the future also has some risks. There is no guarantee that the younger players we will get will progress as hoped next year and there is no guarantee that the other teams in the east division won't be much stronger next year either. Unless we are sucking wind at the trade deadline, I would like to give it our best shot now as opposed to next year.

Hockey Spy
11-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Here is a question in regards to Schenn.

Does the game he played last year count towards his 9 game mark in terms of his NHL contract kicking in? If that is the case, then maybe L.A. is just keeping him around the team until Kelly Mac can find a team to trade him to.

dagley
11-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Here is a question in regards to Schenn.

Does the game he played last year count towards his 9 game mark in terms of his NHL contract kicking in? If that is the case, then maybe L.A. is just keeping him around the team until Kelly Mac can find a team to trade him to.

No, he signed a single game tryout contract I believe.

Hockey Spy
11-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Nevermind, I see that he didn't sign his 3 year entry level contract until March which I believe was after his emergency call-up last year.

What do you think the Blades would have to up for his services this year?

Keep in mind that he'll likely only play another 7 games before xmas if returned this week and maybe another 25 after xmas, and then playoffs.

sbtatter
11-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Nevermind, I see that he didn't sign his 3 year entry level contract until March which I believe was after his emergency call-up last year.

What do you think the Blades would have to up for his services this year?

Keep in mind that he'll likely only play another 7 games before xmas if returned this week and maybe another 25 after xmas, and then playoffs.

We paid two firsts and a second round and a decent prospect for an injured Hamonic, so at least that. You got Elliot and a pick (Siemens) for Setoguchi, so Schenn is worth more than either of those guys

Wheatie Pete
11-14-2010, 06:50 PM
The only way Saskatoon gets Schenn will be for something similar to the Hamonic deal. A 1st , 2nd and a 17/18 year old prospect. We still have to play the Blades quite a few times and KM won't want him to bite us in the ass. Sakatoon has all the defensive players they need to go all the way, but no elite scoring to put them over the top. I would imagine Schenn will get moved to the US or BC division. Spokane, Portland, Seattle or Kootnay.

Allin44
11-14-2010, 07:05 PM
The only way Saskatoon gets Schenn will be for something similar to the Hamonic deal. A 1st , 2nd and a 17/18 year old prospect. We still have to play the Blades quite a few times and KM won't want him to bite us in the ass. Sakatoon has all the defensive players they need to go all the way, but no elite scoring to put them over the top. I would imagine Schenn will get moved to the US or BC division. Spokane, Portland, Seattle or Kootnay.

Kootenay plays in the Central ;)

Hockey Spy
11-14-2010, 08:15 PM
I think Saskatoon has a number of players who will score over 30 goals. I would exactly call Schenn a sniper like someone such as a Ryan Howse is. Schenn is a guy over the course of 35 games could go about 18-30-48. Similar to what Viedensky supplies Saskatoon.

Also, Lorne won't be parting with his first round, it go's against everything he believes in.

My opinion is that Schenn isn't worth the price anyway.

Allin44
11-14-2010, 08:29 PM
I think Saskatoon has a number of players who will score over 30 goals. I would exactly call Schenn a sniper like someone such as a Ryan Howse is. Schenn is a guy over the course of 35 games could go about 18-30-48. Similar to what Viedensky supplies Saskatoon.

Also, Lorne won't be parting with his first round, it go's against everything he believes in.

You think he'd score at a slower clip than he did last year?

lordstanley
11-14-2010, 08:56 PM
I think Schenn would score at the same clip as last season he is comming off a injury before the season started and a let down comming back to the dub wich has even hurt Nino Niedereitter a bit not to mention Brandon doesn't have the same puck moving dmen as they did last season to get Schenner the puck

Wheatie Pete
11-14-2010, 09:09 PM
He"s got a deadly shot and can change a game on his own. If he gets sent back he's going to be pissed and have something to prove. If you drop him on a team with more than one line of skill he will go off. Get him a linemate who distributes the puck well and he will bury it. Matt Calvert was the guy that got dirty in the corners and set up Schenn. Schenn was the finisher, anytime he had the puck from the hashmarks in, chances are better than not he scores. Glennie road the coat tails of both. Schenn's a great face off man and works hard on the boards. His only place he needs to work on is away from the puck , he floats too much, poor backchecker and as a center doesn't cover his own zone well.
He may not garner as much as a stud elite d-man like Hamonic, but he will bring in alot. I would bet the farm he doesn't go to the Blades.

booboo
11-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Not sure what you mean here?? Use spellcheck????:groovy:

Allin44
11-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Not sure what you mean here?? Use spellcheck????:groovy:

Use a dictionary and look it up.

SectionNDeserter
11-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Not sure what you mean here?? Use spellcheck????:groovy:http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/garner

booboo
11-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Thankx guys.:groovy:

sbtatter
11-14-2010, 11:17 PM

He's double the player that Viedensky is.

Wheatie Pete
11-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Thankx guys.:groovy:

Take your own advice:p on the spelling

lordstanley
11-15-2010, 12:08 AM
He's double the player that Viedensky is.

Double the player may be stretching it a bit Viedensky does have 29 points in 20 games he aint no slouch

sbtatter
11-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Double the player may be stretching it a bit Viedensky does have 29 points in 20 games he aint no slouch

Viedensky is a higher end player for sure, but no where near Schenn.

wango tango
11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
if or when schenn is returned, i think it is when not if, it may not be until just before world junior hockey camp. should schenn be returned to junior he would be a lock to make team canada. that tournament could keep him until early january, and then the whl trade deadline is right there.

who knows now that schenn has played his 9th nhl game, maybe los angeles makes a fast decision and wants him to get settled in quickly back in junior. or because he is the only extra healthy forward the kings have right now, they keep him as insurance until closer to the wjhc.

generally a top end dman will get more in trade than a top end forward. impact dmen are rarer than impact forwards. that's why a player like hamonic gets a big return, and schenn won't go for as much if mccrimmon deals him. also remember last year the memorial cup was hosted by the whl, those seasons raise trade prices because there are more buyers than normal.

any talk of schenn to saskatoon is probably wishful thinking. if he gets traded i'm guessing it'll be to a team in the western conference. there are a lot of teams in the us and bc divisions that are all competitive and would like to add a player to put them over the top and compete with a team like portland.

sbtatter
11-15-2010, 12:56 PM

But I should admit that Viedensky is worth more than schenn right now, because he's playing in the dub and we may not get Schenn back at all!!!

Joe Hallenback
11-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I think the Blades would be chomping at the bit to add Schenn to there team. They have 1 dominate line in Hamilton/Viedensky/Nicholls and maybe the best Defense in the league. Adding Schenn would give them 2 scoring lines.

I guess it depends if they want to win it all or not this year. Most of your top guys are gone next year, Viedensky,Elliot,Hamilton,Zahn and Sanford.

Schenn for Bews,McGauley and 1st 2011,2nd 2011

Then made this deal

Ashton for Olsen,Dietz,2nd 2012.

You gotta think with that Defense and Ashton/Schenn/Dziurzynski as your "2nd" line you would be a favorite to win it all

Hockey Spy
11-15-2010, 03:08 PM
LOL....

Lorne would never do those type of deals. He may pull the trigger on a deal at the deadline but he sure won't be giving up his future 1-2 centers and a power forward of the future in Bews. Not to mention Darren Dietz who is rounding in to a pretty capable defenceman at 17 yrs old in this league.

Add to that a 1st and 2nd rounder for 2 rentals...No way lol lol:confused::eek:

chalk_one_up
11-15-2010, 04:26 PM
LOL....

Lorne would never do those type of deals. He may pull the trigger on a deal at the deadline but he sure won't be giving up his future 1-2 centers and a power forward of the future in Bews. Not to mention Darren Dietz who is rounding in to a pretty capable defenceman at 17 yrs old in this league.

Add to that a 1st and 2nd rounder for 2 rentals...No way lol lol:confused::eek:

It's easy to say, but in reality, that is what the market will be like. You either hop on board and pay the price at a prime opportunity to advance your club far, or you bow out in the second round and wonder "what if?"

Joe Hallenback
11-15-2010, 07:23 PM
That is the way I look at it. I think it is hard to give up guys but man would the Blades be awesome with that lineup

Hockey Spy
11-16-2010, 03:10 PM
According to Bruce Lubke, Brayden Schenn has been sent down to Manchester AHL for a 2 week conditioning assignment.

He will be there until the beginning of December and then head off for world junior camp. The earliest he will now be in a WHL uniform is likely the 2nd week of January if he happens to be sent back.

Could this be an issue that Kelly Mac didn't want to trade him so LA decided to do this? Could be.

Hockey Spy
11-16-2010, 03:21 PM
So I guess we can all just stop thinking about Schenn coming back anytime soon now and fans from around the league can stop thinking about trading for him.

whlking
11-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Personally, this all but signals he will be back, but like posters have said previous to me, not until after the new year(the wjhc). If Brandon is not the 7 seed or better by Jan 2ndish Schenn is all but gone, but what they could of got back for him will greatly diminish.

SectionNDeserter
11-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Not a great deal of time to make a deal between the end of the WJC tournament and the trade deadline, even if they send him back to the WHL right from the tournament.

Allin44
11-16-2010, 06:12 PM
I have heard they aren't expecting him back before Christmas. That said, Schenn also carries the full 3MM cap hit this year I beleive as they have to account for his bonuses this year.

There was also a rumor floating around today that Ottawa was nearing a trade with LA that would send Spezza to LA.

September 5, 2010

:)

I also seem to remember getting **** on in that thread for saying that

hockey4
11-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Personally, this all but signals he will be back, but like posters have said previous to me, not until after the new year(the wjhc). If Brandon is not the 7 seed or better by Jan 2ndish Schenn is all but gone, but what they could of got back for him will greatly diminish.

I would say the exact opposite. If they wanted to send him down, they would have already.

Lombardi said it basically when he was quoted today "This is all he needs"

Johnny Table
11-16-2010, 11:19 PM
yes but he hasnt be assigned there as of yet.

Johnny Table
11-16-2010, 11:59 PM
There is also talk that the Kings have put a big offer in for Iginla and that Schenn is the main peice of the deal along with Thomas Hickey.

Trevor
11-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Section 8.7 of the CBA - "During the first two seasons next succeeding the draft of an age 18 Player, the Club he signs an SPC with must first offer him to the club from which he was claimed before it may Loan him."

Not sure I'm reading this 100% correctly, but if I am it says that the Kings must at least offer to return Schenn to Brandon before he can be assigned elsewhere. Or do I read that wrong?

Also, as per Section 13.8, Bettman has the ability to review any conditioning stint to determine if it is meant in any way to circumvent the CBA.

Rye
11-17-2010, 03:13 AM
There is also talk that the Kings have put a big offer in for Iginla and that Schenn is the main peice of the deal along with Thomas Hickey.

These rumors were denied by Bob McKenzie, he said LA and CGY haven't even talked.

Vik
11-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Section 8.7 of the CBA - "During the first two seasons next succeeding the draft of an age 18 Player, the Club he signs an SPC with must first offer him to the club from which he was claimed before it may Loan him."

Not sure I'm reading this 100% correctly, but if I am it says that the Kings must at least offer to return Schenn to Brandon before he can be assigned elsewhere. Or do I read that wrong?
Technically, he isn't being loaned to Manchester. He's still considered to be with the Kings (he counts as one of their 23 roster spots and still goes towards the cap). This just allows him to play a few games in the AHL to get him back into action since he hasn't had that chance lately.

BigCat20
11-17-2010, 03:36 PM
So how many games can he play down there? What's stopping them from sending down for a few games then recalling him to sit for 5 or 6 games then sending him again for a " conditioning stint"?
Or are they trying to force Kelly's hand & deal him?

This would definetly help Canada at wjhc, if he has atleast played in a few games before camp!

Trevor
11-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Technically, he isn't being loaned to Manchester. He's still considered to be with the Kings (he counts as one of their 23 roster spots and still goes towards the cap). This just allows him to play a few games in the AHL to get him back into action since he hasn't had that chance lately.

Then it flys directly in the face of the NHL/CHL transfer agreement. The league allowed him to be assigned earlier today. This is a move that will pretty much end the existence of talented 19 year olds in the CHL. Now everyone can be assigned on a conditioning stint. And how many times will the Kings be allowed to do this??

WHEATMAN
11-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Then it flys directly in the face of the NHL/CHL transfer agreement. The league allowed him to be assigned earlier today. This is a move that will pretty much end the existence of talented 19 year olds in the CHL. Now everyone can be assigned on a conditioning stint. And how many times will the Kings be allowed to do this??

I don't think it will set a precedent considering a junior age player can only be designated for a conditioning stint once in a season, as per CBA rules.

patsdude114
11-17-2010, 06:49 PM
These rumors were denied by Bob McKenzie, he said LA and CGY haven't even talked.

& if u believe anything that Bob McKenzie says u most definately have ur head in the clouds!

Also its about time someone has enough balls to screw over Kelly Mac... completely tie his hands where a trade would be even hard to pull off let alone what he should bring back in return if a deal was done. Right now Schenn's rights in a WHL trade is not worth the time it takes me to type this out. But oh well MAC still has Glennie to move if he chooses too.

FYI im am a Glennie fan i did make a trade today for him in my PS3 WHL vs League sent Ashton to BRN for Glennie (as the guy who has BRN wanted a skilled lefty as he had too many rightys, yes he is a top EASHL player who is a lefty which i get since im a righty in EASHL & alot better with rightys then leftys in NHL11)

chalk_one_up
11-17-2010, 07:03 PM
& if u believe anything that Bob McKenzie says u most definately have ur head in the clouds!

Also its about time someone has enough balls to screw over Kelly Mac... completely tie his hands where a trade would be even hard to pull off let alone what he should bring back in return if a deal was done. Right now Schenn's rights in a WHL trade is not worth the time it takes me to type this out. But oh well MAC still has Glennie to move if he chooses too.

FYI im am a Glennie fan i did make a trade today for him in my PS3 WHL vs League sent Ashton to BRN for Glennie (as the guy who has BRN wanted a skilled lefty as he had too many rightys, yes he is a top EASHL player who is a lefty which i get since im a righty in EASHL & alot better with rightys then leftys in NHL11)

I don't see how anyone screwed Kelly over. The Brandon Wheat Kings and Kelly were prepared to go into the season minus Schenn. They've moved on, it's not like they're crossing their fingers everyday awaiting his return. The team has done well without him and if he returns, so be it, and if not, the team has done just fine without Schenn given the circumstances of a rookie-filled roster.

Now if Kelly was banking on Schenn returning, than it would be a different matter.

sbtatter
11-17-2010, 08:19 PM
I don't see how anyone screwed Kelly over. The Brandon Wheat Kings and Kelly were prepared to go into the season minus Schenn. They've moved on, it's not like they're crossing their fingers everyday awaiting his return. The team has done well without him and if he returns, so be it, and if not, the team has done just fine without Schenn given the circumstances of a rookie-filled roster.

Now if Kelly was banking on Schenn returning, than it would be a different matter.

Yup, at this point Schenn returning (or being traded for prospects) would be an unanticipated bonus. Very welcome, but not expected.

Allin44
11-17-2010, 10:23 PM

Also, as per Section 13.8, Bettman has the ability to review any conditioning stint to determine if it is meant in any way to circumvent the CBA.

Loan for the purposes of the CBA means removing a player from the active roster, and assigning him elsewhere. A conditioning loan differs in that it does not remove the player from the active roster, he still counts against the cap, and he can only be down there for a maximum of 14 days.

Under 13.8 they would have to prove that they are circumventing the cap and Schenn does not have to pass through waivers going down or coming back up which is about the only way a team could circumvent the CBA by using a conditioning loan.

Rye
11-18-2010, 03:18 AM

Hmm ... so McKenzie and Dreger both deny the rumors, both well respected analysts with some serious connections ... then the Flames deny them ... but I should believe some random person, possibly with no connections at all. And I've got my head in the clouds.

Pats are doing pretty good this year, eh?

Wheat Kings #1
11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Yes, Pats doing good AGAIN! LOL

lordstanley
11-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Hmm ... so McKenzie and Dreger both deny the rumors, both well respected analysts with some serious connections ... then the Flames deny them ... but I should believe some random person, possibly with no connections at all. And I've got my head in the clouds.

Pats are doing pretty good this year, eh?

Oh but wait you don't want another fan from a bad team saying atleast we won a cup lol