PDA

View Full Version : Weal is nothing without Eberle?

witness
10-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Jordan Weal is an elite player. Any Pats fan would have told you that last year. The guy lived in the shadow of Jordan Eberle and never really got enough credit and in many cases (Hockey Canada) was continually overlooked.

The guy is tiny, and all he does is battle.

For those of you that thought that it was all Eberle, perhaps you should look at the stats:
after 14 games in 2009/10 - 6 goals & 9 assists for 15 points
after 14 games in 2010/11 - 7 goals & 15 assists for 22 points

I still don't get why Hockey Canada won't even look at the Weal and yet still promotes Carter Ashton.

west coast
10-29-2010, 12:56 PM
size may be a factor .

whlking
10-29-2010, 01:06 PM
The title of your post is very decieving.When I opened the post, I expected to read a negative reaction towards Weal, not a positive one.

nivek_wahs
10-29-2010, 02:55 PM
I was scared when I opened this post.... I was expecting some sort of gong show. I'm going to put a question mark in the title to make it more plausible.

lordstanley
10-29-2010, 03:04 PM
I think it's kind of funny but seriously Weal looked great against the Blades on Wednesday at times he can carry the team on his back

patsdude114
10-29-2010, 03:08 PM
hah yep i totally agree as well that the title had me worried but im glad my worriedness got put to sleep.

Well Weal did get invited to the Russian series WHL game(s) so that is a bonus. Ashton wasnt really in the eyes of Hockey Canada last year as a 18yr old & to be honest i dont know why he is this year either. His play has been very inconsistant & if u ask me & a few other season ticket holders his play of late should have made him play himself off of anything involving Team Canada.

This summer i was surprised that Ashton had gotten the Summer invite over Weal. Yes Ashton may have some size over Weal but Weal plays a bigger game then Ashton ever has. I hope Ashton can turn his season around (sooner rather then later) if Ashton makes Team Canada & Weal is sent back to the Pats it will just make me question Hockey Canada's politics even more with the 1st round picks. If Weal had even 2 more inches on him he was a late 1st rounder easy. Weal skill level is above Ashtons even Weal's work ethic is above Ashton's

west coast
10-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Weal has interesting tangibles that make him a desired player to have on any team.Weal has top end work ethic .He has a desire to make an impact on every shift.He has good speed and is strong on ther puck.This thread seems to be a comparison of Weal and Ashton.Ashton has NHL size and strength.He has good speed but needs to take the bull by the horns more often and needs to use his dominating speed and strength more often.Expectations are so high on ashton because he has all the tools. Ashton will be hard pressed to make team canada as there are so many good young players in canada

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-29-2010, 07:25 PM
I still see weal being the type of player somewhat dependent on good, often big wingers...but players with his type of work ethic and skill go places.

I think the fact he doesnt mind the physical areas is a big reason he has had the start he has.