PDA

View Full Version : Goalies

sbtatter
10-30-2010, 07:08 PM
I wonder why KM chose Boes over Rimmer? Really surprising, especially when Rimmer only yielded a 6th round pick. KM is usually a trade master so there must be more to this than i can see....

booboo
10-30-2010, 08:22 PM
I was surprised that they kept Boes over Rimmer also. Bestland and Fransoo are both -4 tonight. I think the 4 games in 5 days and the trip as a whole are catching up to the Wheats. They needed a goaltender to steal a game tonight or last night in the shootout but it did not happen. I'll bet they will be glad to get home and not playing teams that are home and well rested waiting for them. Power play is pitiful---does not help the team much. Hurricanes are starting to take penalties---too bad the PP cannot help get back in the game:dead:

GlutenGlutton
10-31-2010, 09:10 AM
At the time of the trade both looked similar, Boes being a year younger was the safer bet. An 18 year old rookie has a lot of growing to do in a short amount of time to still be in the league at 19, something that would've been hard to do as Listons backup. Trade was a win win since it gave Rimmer a chance to play.

sbtatter
10-31-2010, 09:31 AM
At the time of the trade both looked similar, Boes being a year younger was the safer bet. An 18 year old rookie has a lot of growing to do in a short amount of time to still be in the league at 19, something that would've been hard to do as Listons backup. Trade was a win win since it gave Rimmer a chance to play.

I agree that if a 17 year old is equal to an 18 year old then the decision is obvious, but Boes has not ever looked to be anyway near as good as Liston or Rimmer. I expect to see a new backup tender brought in soon.

Rye
10-31-2010, 01:58 PM
You didn't see his debut in PA then, he played stellar.

Don't jump to a trade so quickly, he just started playing in this league, there's got to be a lot of nerves and trying to adjust to the pressure. You have to be patient with rookies. He'll bounce back.

sbtatter
10-31-2010, 04:09 PM
You didn't see his debut in PA then, he played stellar.

Don't jump to a trade so quickly, he just started playing in this league, there's got to be a lot of nerves and trying to adjust to the pressure. You have to be patient with rookies. He'll bounce back.
He played well in PA, but, he's not as good as Rimmer. Not trying to offend Boes or his family/friends, and yes, he's way better than me!! Just doesn't seem to be dub quality yet, hopefully he proves me wrong, I'll be happy to eat some humble pie!!!

Rye
10-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Haha yeah, I understand he isn't playing quality hockey but at the same time I can tell he's just not playing his game. I'm just not comfortable talking about a trade just yet, he's played 3 games in the dub and I know KM has patience with all those young guys. It is going to get better though, he'll get a game here and there to help his game and build his confidence while Liston will get plenty of games to grow into a solid #1 for the rest of his junior career. Although things look bad, there are quite a few good things coming from it.