PDA

View Full Version : Stanford get welll QUICK!!!!

Trav
10-30-2010, 09:51 PM
as the goaltending bombed tonite. Morrison had a good first period then he went down hill.

lordstanley
10-30-2010, 09:57 PM
The 2 games the blades have played in red deer this year our pp's have been 0/2 while rd has a pp of 3/11 zalasky reffed both games i would say he did a fair job good job derek :clap:

lordstanley
10-30-2010, 09:59 PM
we were even for 39 mins of this game it was 1-1 then the penalty parade came to town and we lose

Hockey Spy
10-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Red Deer is likely the best team in the league next to Portland.

I believe they have scored 30 more goals than allowed, while Saskatoon is 48-48. If the Blades lose to Calgary on Sunday, then trouble!

Blades realistically are more of a .500 or just above type of team.

Trav
10-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Well goaltending still sucked. Morrison was pulled so obviously he wasn't doing his job (as usual) Todd comes in cold and didn't fare any better.

If I were Molleken I'd go after Keith Hamilton in Portland, 18 yr old, won't be a starter there any time soon with Carruth getting most of the games. Hamilton can be Stanford's backup this year and be the starter next year as a 19 yr old. I like that scenario, otherwise goaltending will be an issue next year.

BigCat20
10-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Embarassing loss! Hockey Spy you are a tool. If they are a .500 team, then that will make the pats(who were absolutely ****-hault tonight), raiders(lost tonight), Broncos(+1 for goals for/against) & warriors(-6) all below .350 teams. The blades will win all the head to head series with theses teams! Just remember red deer has 5 losses this year already, they're not even running away this their division!

Rebrevs
10-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Your starting goalie tonight did just fine. In fact he made some outstanding stops in the first two periods. The Rebels played a great game tonight. Many of the penalties taken by the Blades were drawn by the Rebels who were skating hard and fast in both directions. They caught the S'toon d men flat footed on several occasions causing them to take not so smart penalties. Goals 2 and 3 were NOT the goalies fault. The goal just before the goalie change was definitely a miss play of the puck. I'm thinking perhaps the coaches were looking for a change of any kind to try to change the Blades approach to the game. I get the frustration with not having your top goalie in the the kid that replaced him did a darn good job for the most part.

Trav
10-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Surprised to hear that. Just seems like he makes some good saves then before u know it he lets in a couple bad ones. Thats why I get frusturated when he's in net, he's inconsistent.

lordstanley
10-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Surprised to hear that. Just seems like he makes some good saves then before u know it he lets in a couple bad ones. Thats why I get frusturated when he's in net, he's inconsistent.

If you watched the webcast you would have seen the 3 out of 4 morrison let up not even holtby would have stopped those

As for the Blades road woes it's simple we have a very young and not very talented third line wich alot of teams are matching there second and first lines against that makes it very tough

patsdude114
10-30-2010, 11:22 PM
the problem with the Blades is there isnt alot of finese up front, all u guys do is chip pucks in & use the size to go get it back. There was tons of times the game here in Regina where there was a great lane to skate the puck over the line but all the forwards would do is chip it in.

Also ur D are very easy for a fast team to skate around, not much mobility on the back end after Elliott

SectionNDeserter
10-31-2010, 07:12 AM
as the goaltending bombed tonight. Morrison had a good first period then he went down hill.I don't think you could 100% pin this one on Morrison. The 4th goal that led to him getting the hook, was brutal though. If you are looking for scapegoats, think Zahn, Gogol and Bews. With the game still only 2-1 and Saskatoon still very much in this one, Zahn skates 30 feet out of position to crosscheck someone from behind. Gogol blew a number of his defensive assignments, to make big hits on players that didn't have the puck and took a stupid penalty at an inopportune time for doing it, and Bews was just water-skiing behind everyone tonight, and got 3 or 4 hooking/tripping penalties.

Really liked the looks of Dziurzynski, he was one of the few Blades that were still trying to play hockey in this one, even after they were down. He was generating scoring chances, playing tough (without crossing the line). If he is back next year, he would make a good captain.

lostsheep
10-31-2010, 07:29 AM
i agree Darian should be a top choice for captain next year. The parade to the box is a indication of poor conditioning, or unability to controle emotions. its worse on the road it seems. i missed the game but games like this show the cracks in our line up for sure. hope the game in Cow town is better.
________
Vaorizers (http://www.vaporshop.com)

Rebelsfan13
10-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Section N's comments are bang on!

Morrison was very solid tonight and kept you guys in until he lets one soft goal in in the third period to make it 4-1. But by then you guys had quit playing hockey and were too busy clutching and grabbing trying to slow the Rebs down.

I love the water skiing comment! Bews wasn't the only one trying to do this.

Hockey Spy
10-31-2010, 09:51 AM
It is very much apparent that after the Blades top 4 forwards, the cupboard is rather bare. I think too many fans looked at the fast start at 10-2 and thought that the team was set. Far from it, this is no better than a .500 or just above .500 caliber team this year. In fact, I feel the Blades are likely the 4th best team in their own division behind SC, MJ and a healthy PA team in the end.

There is no question or doubt in my mind that the Rebels are the better team this year, plain and simple. Medicine Hat and Kootenay are better as well. I see Saskatoon finishing 6th or 7th overall in the conference.

Red Deer
Kootenay
Moose Jaw
Swift Current
Medicine Hat

They will all be ahead of Saskatoon in the end.

Also, if in fact the Blades do finish 6th or 7th in the conference, that isn't bad for being the youngest team in the league.

Rebelsfan13
10-31-2010, 12:34 PM
I haven't seen the Blades play enough to comment on where they are in the east division but based on the two games I watched against Red Deer they are at least behind them. Saskatoon is big and likes to crash the boards but Red Deer stayed with them and didn't let that intimidate them. Outside of Dziurzynski this team lacks an offensive punch, and if teams don't get scared and run away then they will be able to stay close and out skate them forcing Saskatoon to take stupid penalties. Last night Gogol and Bews looked awful. Zahn and Siemens looked better but were also casualties of dumb decisions. I think section N already made this comment but that cross check Zahn made was just stupid, the Rebel didn't have the puck and the play was outside of the blue line. The call was obvious and their was no need to do it.

As for Zalaski I am usually not a fan and was frustrated with him early on but in the end he called a decent game. Some obvious misses both ways and you could see when he missed a call that he would on purpose miss one the other way. Nugent Hopkins was lucky not to get cut across the mouth with a highstick at the blue line.

I really like Dziurzynski though, he tried to make a play once where he flipped the puck up and went to the net. It didn't work but his compete level, his intensity and just his ingenuity are fun to watch.

Trav
10-31-2010, 12:58 PM
The Blades haven't had that one player that goes out there and scores goals for a long time. They need a Erat-Keller type player. Those guys when they played here, were amazing with the puck, u couldn't get the puck away from them. Look at the height of all the players right now, all practically 6 ft or taller. There's no speedster no guy that is a magician with the puck.

Wish Molleken would get those type of players rather then build a team around size and strength. Size and strength isn't everything.

Now I see in the last bantam draft the Blades took a lot of smaller players, just hopefully they're speedy type forwards that can dangle with the puck and put the puck in the net at the WHL level.

Rye
10-31-2010, 01:56 PM
It is very much apparent that after the Blades top 4 forwards, the cupboard is rather bare. I think too many fans looked at the fast start at 10-2 and thought that the team was set. Far from it, this is no better than a .500 or just above .500 caliber team this year. In fact, I feel the Blades are likely the 4th best team in their own division behind SC, MJ and a healthy PA team in the end.

There is no question or doubt in my mind that the Rebels are the better team this year, plain and simple. Medicine Hat and Kootenay are better as well. I see Saskatoon finishing 6th or 7th overall in the conference.

Red Deer
Kootenay
Moose Jaw
Swift Current
Medicine Hat

They will all be ahead of Saskatoon in the end.

Also, if in fact the Blades do finish 6th or 7th in the conference, that isn't bad for being the youngest team in the league.

I'm sorry but can you just shut up already? You're beginning to be very annoying by repeating yourself over and over. We get it, you think the fans are wrong, just shut up about it already. I, and I'm pretty sure a few other people, are getting annoyed too. You can have your opinion, that's fine, but you don't need to post "The Blades are only a .500 team" in every single thread!

Hockey Spy
10-31-2010, 02:53 PM
There is nothing wrong with being around a .500 team. When you have as many young players as the Blades do, it is nothing to sneeze at!! The Blades are the youngest team in the league and that is a fact!!

I think they'll be behind RD, Koot, MH, SC and MJ.

They will likely battle for 6th in the conference with the talented Raiders team. The Raiders will be that much better when Rowley their captain and Deck come back!!

lordstanley
10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
There is nothing wrong with being around a .500 team. When you have as many young players as the Blades do, it is nothing to sneeze at!! The Blades are the youngest team in the league and that is a fact!!

They will likely battle for 6th in the conference with the talented Raiders team. The Raiders will be that much better when Rowley their captain and Deck come back!!

Hockeyspy does kind of have a point i never thought we would be much better than a 500% team were so young i love our start though

hockey4
10-31-2010, 03:47 PM

They have some young players, but all there go to forwards are 18-19-20, with the key guys, viedensky, hamilton, zahn, elliott, stanford and dziurzynski all 19 or older. When you rely so heavily on those players, it makes it harder to develop the young ones.

Rye
10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
That's not my point. The Blades could be a .500 team or they could be better or worse ... my point is I'm just sick of reading the same thing over and over in every thread, he even did it again in reply to my post. It's getting to be very annoying.

Hockey Spy
10-31-2010, 07:15 PM
You have to admit there is nothing wrong with .500 as a record. They are very young, in fact the youngest in the league.

Rye
10-31-2010, 09:24 PM
You are either a little dumb or just ignorant.

hockey4
10-31-2010, 10:24 PM
You have to admit there is nothing wrong with .500 as a record. They are very young, in fact the youngest in the league.

Wow, thats the 4th time you mentioned that in this topic. I think your fans get that the team has young players, but it doesn't mean the team is young per say. From what I saw, outside of Seimens, the young players play little

Rebelsfan13
10-31-2010, 10:39 PM
4 goals in the third tonight beating Calgary. Ok it's not the Calgary of old but it is a road win.

lostsheep
11-01-2010, 09:18 AM
This isnt an old boys club, and you have to let the youngsters get the experience too. If your plan is to develop young talent they need to play. I dont like Austin Daae ( Sp) sitting night after night, i see he was in the game yesterday, but when you have players not playing well ( Bews ) sit them so you can develop. The stupid penaties is an easy fix, bench the consistent offenders. There is such thing as a good penalty, but they have been few and far between. Inglis had off ice disipline troubles, and was traded, i think we could bench a player or two. ( Gogol, Bews, Stranski, Zahn, all have taken a few silly and out right stuipd calls.) Send a message earlie in the year so it dosent pop up later.
________
house wives Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/housewives/)

Hockey Spy
11-01-2010, 09:26 AM
I think all the Blades problems would be solved if you copied and pasted that message and sent it to Lorne. I bet he has never thought about it that way. Good job :p

lostsheep
11-02-2010, 03:08 PM
seems the coach has heard good trades.
________
LAMBORGHINI CALA SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_Cala)