AHHHH!

Allin44
10-30-2010, 10:54 PM
AHHHH!

What happened? Just one of those games?

I see Schneider was a -6

patsdude114
10-30-2010, 11:18 PM
well to be fair after Ketlo & Guhle gave up 3 really bad goals the team just quit playing on them completely & really i dont blame them. That 4th goal Ketlo let in (& his last) was a very weak goal he misplayed the angle horribly. Then Guhle came in & his 1st 2 goals he let in were horrid as well.

But give Spokane credit they kept coming no matter what the score was.

After Ketlo & Guhle's performance tonight is it safe to say Hewitt gets the start next game? & maybe even end 1 of Ketlo or Guhle's days as a pat?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-30-2010, 11:43 PM
spokane owned the neutral zone, won pretty much every battle for the puck and our both of our goaltenders were appalling. Sorry, but half the goals were their fault, and the prospect of a trade has to at least cross Lang's mind after this showing.

As a fan, I'll tolerate a humbling ass whooping, as I have a few times already, but they pushed us around in our own building without much of a fight, and that unacceptable. The game tonight might have been the worst lost ive ever seen, but it was more of a 7-1 type game than 11-1. The spokane goaltending wasnt very good, the guy was all over the place. Any quality chances nearly went in, but those were few and far between. I would have liked to see at least a time out from Hunt, or something to organize and calm the team down, maybe even bench a couple guys...but I guess expecting Hunt to do his job is asking too much.

Also, Jared Cowen looks like jerry seinfeld. Plus Tyler Johnson is an insane player. I wonder if Kalus was of any relation to Petr.

west coast
10-31-2010, 01:05 AM
The difference tonight was goaltending.Simple one on ones were goals.Shots from point with no screen were goals.Shots from top of the circle were goals.A bad goal deflates a team.However,about six bad goals between two goalies means a shake up is in order.Ian Curtis from Portland is available and had he have been betweeen the pipes,it may have only have been a 3-1 game.A 20 year old goalie is what this fragile team needs.20 year old defenceman Schneider was a minus 6,(hmmmm). The shots on goal were alarming too as the Pats continously have odd man rushes and fail to shoot the puck.The facts are that the Pats were outshot 2-1 .The Pats need a new game plan.it doesnt make sense to shorten the bench and play the vets every second shift and lose 11-1.The minuses on the roster are ugly.Could a coaching change be far off?

chiefs20167
10-31-2010, 04:05 AM
Also, Jared Cowen looks like jerry seinfeld. Plus Tyler Johnson is an insane player. I wonder if Kalus was of any relation to Petr.

I'm pretty sure I heard Mike Boyle mention that Kalus is Petr's brother.

Johnson has been an insane player all season so far. He's been busting his butt ever since he returned from NHL camp. He's also seemed to have taken personal responsibility to keep his game at 110% every night to show the other guys how to do it. He's the type of leader who will get down on himself if he has an off night.

Cowen hasn't been playing his "A" game as of late. Not sure what is up there. Some think he's just playing his last year and still believes he shoud be up in the NHL right now. I can see that as well. Not the one I would have given the "C" to but that's just my opinion.

patsdude114
10-31-2010, 09:31 PM
that Kalus is Petr's brother i had known this before they came here not that it matters & after the game (as i was a sorry sap who listened to the after game show) plaster had mentioned that Merek had actually practice with the pats when he was 12 when petr was here when the Pats paid for his family to come down for a weekend set of games to watch there son play

west coast
10-31-2010, 10:31 PM
does anyone know the status of 93 goalie Cory Nyggard.Where is he playing? i would like to know if he might be ready to play some games this year if he is healthy?

nivek_wahs
10-31-2010, 10:45 PM
does anyone know the status of 93 goalie Cory Nyggard.Where is he playing? i would like to know if he might be ready to play some games this year if he is healthy?Winnipeg Wild (Midget AAA). He's 4-1 with a 2.16 GAA and a 90.68 SV%.
His profile can be found here: http://www.mbaaamidget.ca/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=4667&leagueID=16053&teamID=247613&playerID=684596&pos=G

whlking
11-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Winnipeg Wild (Midget AAA). He's 4-1 with a 2.16 GAA and a 90.68 SV%.
His profile can be found here: http://www.mbaaamidget.ca/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=4667&leagueID=16053&teamID=247613&playerID=684596&pos=G

Then why the heck are the Pats not atleast giving the kid a look. Those are respectable numbers, granted at the AAA level. The way our goaltenders have been playing, I don't see the harm in giving him a try.

witness
11-01-2010, 09:31 AM
To blame Ketlo for this game is a little unfair. I thought that he was OK. And that could not be said about too many other players. Sure he could have played the 4th goal better. He lost the angle and made a mistake, but up until that point I thought he had made a couple of outstanding saves.

The bottom line is that the Pats started to play like a bunch of individuals. They came over the blue line and start to dangle, got checked and Spokane came down with speed and numbers. Whatever happened to the chip and chase game that was effective? And God forebid that they should put a shot on net. What was is, 15 shots at the end of the 2nd? Inexcusable.

And the coaching staff doesn't get off on this rant. Spokane did a get job taking the wall away from Weal and the Pats' power play. It is obvious that they did their scouting job, did the Pats?

But, it is over and time to park it and move on. Personal stats take a hit, but in the end it is just a loss.

west coast
11-01-2010, 10:37 AM
i reply to the poster who said that it was unfair to blame the goaltending.The impact on a team that suffers a bad goal is devastating.The takes the wind out of the sails .Ketlo gave up soft goals early in the season and unfortunately gave up a few softies the other night.Guhle took over and was not focused and let in a few softies as well.Newsflash-Goaltending continues to be an issue on this team.There is a reason that the club carries 3 goalies.The Pats have a tough schedule ahead and the goalies need to work thru this .Changes are pending.The team is not going to carry 3 goalies all year.I would like to see Nyygard come in at some point for a look,he looks like a bluechip prospect. The Pats have a few days between games,lets hope they regroup and bounce back

west coast
11-01-2010, 11:45 AM
i heard that Dane Muench is back skating with team.He has been missed ,will be nice to see his hustle ans skill back with team soon

patsdude114
11-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Muench hasnt been missed he started out great at the begining of the year but even before his injury he wasnt fitting in anymore on the line of Frazee & Weal. Lets face it he isnt a top line player. He is a better choice then Mitchell on the 2nd line though.

Just as i thought the Pats were maybe turning a corner they put up a stinker like this. Back to square one i guess. I had a feeling the game wasnt going to go as the way as i had hoped after Reddin put a wide net right into the pads of Reid early in the 1st. If that goes in early in the game along with Spooners post only a few mins later it prob lifts the team up. Lets face it our 1st period was very solid, SPO scored a goal a few secs after a PP & there other goal was on the PP we get alittle puck luck early in the period it was a 2-2 game & maybe a different outcome the rest of the way.

Spokane is not that good of a team to walk over teams (even if that team is the Pats) a few bad goals by both Ketlo & Guhle & the team started to play for themselves.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Its better this happens now and not before the deadline. Im not proposing a team facelift but after a game like that, things need to be re-evaluated. The way the team gave up was unacceptable.

Im just going to get to the point. WE NEED A GOON! There I said it! Even though we have some toughness from scrappy players like Mitchell and Stevenson,and dmen like Bell and Art, nobody on the team is really an imposing or intimidating figure. I really like Abney from Edmonton, who is not only tough but looked like he has some decent skill last game here this year, which could be a bonus if potential is tapped(especially since hes done nothing offensive since...value wont really change). If you learn anything from watching junior hockey, its that confidence and toughness are infectious, and I think by just having a guy like him present we wont let other teams push us around as much.

Getting him would be awesome. Even if its just for one year. A prospect should get it done, just like it did with Myles Stoesz. Abney could have similar impact.

Bepoleon
11-01-2010, 04:39 PM
I agree SAJ. I've been singing the same song since the season started. Abney would be a perfect fit but I'm unsure that the Oil Kings would be willing to part ways with him. I also really like Jacob Doty from Seattle, he's makin a name for himself and I believe he's only 17.

Same Ol' Pats. One step forward... two steps back. Let's get it together boys!

nivek_wahs
11-02-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm really hoping that this game was just one blip on the radar. Losing by ten goals could really crush the players' spirits or it could make them hungrier and make them a nasty opponent in the future. It's kinda hard to really say this but this weekend could be a make or break 3 games.

Do you think that Schneider and Reddin liked being a -6? Or Frazee a -4? this is your last season boys get it together!

I'm thinking that they are going to :bounce: back. If not there is going to be some :burningmad: fans.

west coast
11-02-2010, 04:49 PM
interesting analysis that the Pats need more toughness or perhaps a goon/policeman.Trader Lang addressed the need to aquire a bigger lineup.I believe team toughness may be missing from the lineup.It would be beneficial to upgrade in the toughness category.It would be nice to have more players that are hard to play against.A banger/crasher like Craig Orfino is missing.What ever happened to him.