PDA

View Full Version : Blades/CHWK trade...Gogol for Collins

Hockey Spy
11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Today the Saskatoon Blades trade stuggling 19 yr old LW Curt Gogol for 18 yr old offensive prospect Chris Collins.

Collins who has a good shot and nose for the net has gotten off to a modest start so far in his career with the Bruins. As a 16 yr old, Collins got in to 4 games and had 2-1-3 and was a +3. Last year as a 17 year old rookie Collins did quite well with 9-24-33 in 69 games with 33 pims.

Prior to joining the Chilliwack Bruins, Collins led the Calgary Buffaloes of the Albert Midget League to the Telus Cup, defeating the Ryan Nugent-Hopkins led Vancouver NW Giants. Collins finished 2nd in playoff scoring with 11-13-24 in 15 games. This coming after he finished 5th in league goals scored with 25 in 34 games. That year, the Buffaloes went all the way to final, only to lose to the Notre Dame Hounds. During the Telus Cup, Collins led all goal getters with 8 in 7 games and finished 4th in points with 11.

Collins was the captain of his Calgary Buffaloes team that he led to the Telus Cup final.

In bantam, Collins was the captain of his Calgary Royals team. In his bantam year, he was 2nd in league scoring, finishing with 56-47-103.

Backhand
11-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Good trade as the blades will be 5 on 5 hockey more often. How do the lines change - any thoughts?

RenegadeStylings
11-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Interesting to say the least

RenegadeStylings
11-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Good trade as the blades will be 5 on 5 hockey more often. How do the lines change - any thoughts?

I would imagine Collins just slots into Gogol's spot on the third line left wing. Depends where he feels more comfortable though as it sounds like he could also play centre. At this point in time I doubt he gets onto the 2nd line.

Hockey Spy
11-02-2010, 11:51 AM
My guess is that Collins will be inserted on the 3rd line with Trask and Olsen. Collins is a left hand shot. This is definately a player that fans could compared to Burke Gallimore with more speed.

Backhand
11-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Has Benson played wing in the past?

Hockey Spy
11-02-2010, 12:33 PM
No, not really as far as Benson is concerned. Dating all the way back to his bantam days, he was strictly a centerman. That is likely the best position for Benson as he plays a strong two-way and does come all the way back, he plays his position well. If only he could score a few more goals but when they start coming, my feeling is that they will keep coming.

Collins will start LW 3rd line with Olsen and Trask.

lostsheep
11-02-2010, 12:37 PM
good trade this year it seemed like Gogol had some attitude issues. Head too big with his new contract. I havent seen or heard of Collins, but sounds like he can help with the scoring. The even strength play time should increrease too
________
CHEAP AIRSOFT COLT (http://airsoft-shop.info/tag/colt)

lordstanley
11-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I admit i wasn't happy with the Trask move but this one i am very pleased with we didn't have many 18 year olds on our roster so this is good not only for this season but next when he will be 19 and looked at for goals

Backhand
11-02-2010, 01:03 PM
I saw on another chat site "bash & trash" thoughts of Niemi being sent down. I guess anything is possible. Any thoughts?

Trav
11-02-2010, 01:05 PM
This is a pretty good trade, not expecting Collins to be a big time scorer but if he does put in 20-30 goals while he's here then that's a bonus but hopefully he can put in 15-20 goals this year. He did score 9 goals as a 17 yr old so he can score in this league so hopefully coming here he'll be given the green light to take the puck and put it in. Hopefully Molleken realizes that the game ihas changed and that having just a big physical team wont get the team very far.

lordstanley
11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Well we wouldn't keep Niemi reason being because he would take up 2 spots Viedesnky already does that as it is keep niemi that means you lose stransky for sure and one of either Stanford Zahn so Niemi would be dealt im sure for a 3rd or 4th rounder

lordstanley
11-02-2010, 01:14 PM
This is a pretty good trade, not expecting Collins to be a big time scorer but if he does put in 20-30 goals while he's here then that's a bonus but hopefully he can put in 15-20 goals this year. He did score 9 goals as a 16 yr old so he can score in this league so hopefully coming here he'll be given the green light to take the puck and put it in. Hopefully Molleken realizes that the game ihas changed and that having just a big physical team wont get the team very far.

Agree and we still do have a few that can drop the mits Zahn Siemens Dziurzynski even though i wish Dziurzynski would just focus on scoring now and Sutter and Thrower drop them as well but we have guys now that can drop them and have skill i like that mix

Hockey Spy
11-02-2010, 01:14 PM
More on Collins,

He was also named the Macs Tourney Final MVP.

The Chilliwack Bruins would like to congratulate Chris Collins for being named the Most Valuable Player in the Mac's Midget Tournament Final today in Calgary. Collins scored three times and added two assists in leading the Calgary AAA Buffaloes to a 6-5 double overtime victory over the Vancouver NW Giants. The 5'11 185lb native of Calgary was also named to the tournament's All Star Team. Collins was selected by the Bruins with the 77th selection of the 2007 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft. As a 15 year old rookie with the Alberta Midget Hockey League Champion Buffaloes during the 2007/08 season, Collins scored ten times and added seven assists in 35 games. In 26 regular season games with the Buffaloes this season, Collins has 23 goals and 9 assists in 26 games to rank 7th in AMHL scoring. Collins has appeared in three regular season games with the Bruins, picking up one assist. In six pre season games with Chilliwack this season, Collins scored twice and added two assists. The last Bruins prospect to be named MVP of the Mac's Tournament's final game was Oscar Moller who scored twice in a 3-2 victory over the Saskatoon Contacts in 2006.

Chris Collins Video prior to the Telus Cup in 08.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:p5_lLOsWdbYJ:www.calgarybeacon.com/2009/04/video-midget-aaa-buffalo-player-profiles-cody-irving-2/+chris+collins+calgary+hockey&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Hockey Spy
11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I had a chat with Collins just a few mintues ago and he'll arrive in Saskatoon tonight at 9pm.

As far as what positions he has played, he said this year he has played mostly Center but in the past couple years has played RW more than LW but is comfortable at all positions.

lostsheep
11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I agree Niemi would and should be traded, for a draft pick or young depth player. His value to a team would be great but takes up too much room ( overage and Import ). With that value a depth player may be possible maybe.
________
SIDE EFFECTS OF DEPAKOTE (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)

Trav
11-02-2010, 01:18 PM
So far heard nothing but good things bout Collins but I don't wanna get my hopes up to high, just hope he comes in and does the best he can and put some points up on the board that'll be a big change from Gogol and his stupid penalties. Makes the trade with Kelowna look a bit better now.

Trav
11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
I agree Niemi would and should be traded, for a draft pick or young depth player. His value to a team would be great but takes up too much room ( overage and Import ). With that value a depth player may be possible maybe.

If they can get a young player for Niemi that'll be better then a pick. They need someone to push A. Elliott, Bews, Daee and Johnson for playing time though I imagine regardless of there's a trade one of those guys will be sent down soon. Molleken doesnt like to keep to many extra forwards.

lostsheep
11-02-2010, 01:23 PM
out of your list Bews has seen the least playing time due to injury, but has not been playing well either. He would be my choice to send down. I hope Niemi would bring a good young player, or at the least a 3rd round pick.
________
bondage girl Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/fetish/bdsm/)

lordstanley
11-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Lines i would like lorne to go with

Nicholls Viedensky Stransky
Hamilton Collins Dziurzynski
Trask Benson Sutter
Johnson Olsen Bews

whlking
11-02-2010, 02:06 PM
From a Blade outlook, I would think it would make sense to trade/re-assign Stanford, bring in Niemi, waive Stransky. Niemi is an obvious upgrade over Stransky, and Stanford is expendable because you have a nineteen year old drafted goaltender in Morrison.

Hockey Spy
11-02-2010, 02:26 PM
First, I will address the Niemi situation. There is no confirmation that Niemi is/will be sent back and I haven't heard anything. However, lets pretend for a minute he does return.

I would:
Trade Stanford to a team for hopefully a 3rd round bantam pick.
I'm pretty sure the team can find another player like Stransky in next years Import draft or trade for one. Lorne has had tremendous success over the years in this area.

I would put Niemi with Zahn again. Keep Elliott/Siemens and have a Thrower/Dietz pairing.

As for Lordstanley and his lines....First of all, I wouldn't take Hamilton off the wing with Viedensky but here is what I would do.

Hamilton-Viedensky-Benson (even though he should play LW or C, try him)
Dziurzynski-Nicholls-Collins
Johnson-Olsen-Stransky
Bews/Daae-Sutter-Trask

Trav
11-02-2010, 02:41 PM
You trade Stanford and you lose your consistent goaltending. You trade Niemi and if Stransky isn't doing the job here then you move him to. Tri Citys has no imports, you could trade Stransky there. To be honest there doesnt seem to many teams with an open 20 yr old spot or import spot.

sbtatter
11-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Great move by the Blades, Gogol was out of control taking way to many penalties and gooning it up too much......

lostsheep
11-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Wow back to trading Stanford, that would not be a good idea. The combination we have now works for both fans and the Blades. it pushes both goalies to play better even if they wont admitt it. Niemi is good but should be traded if he returns. we can gain a good future player, or depth player for him. Stranski if he can get his head into the game and reduce his penalty minutes he will be fine. there are other players who need to step thier games up and this team will see more consistant play.
________
Ebony Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/ebony-girls/)

Trav
11-02-2010, 03:26 PM
I think Bews could go down to midget and get his game on track. There was a game awhile ago where I thought he looked good but since then seems like he needs a wake up call and being sent down to midget will do just that.

Johnson, Daee and Elliott are older and could stick although Johnson as an 18 yr old needs to either put up points or be a good defensive forward, can't say if he's been a good defensive forward but he has put up some points but I hope he puts up more before the season is over.

Dwight Schrute
11-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I think Bews could go down to midget and get his game on track. There was a game awhile ago where I thought he looked good but since then seems like he needs a wake up call and being sent down to midget will do just that.

Johnson, Daee and Elliott are older and could stick although Johnson as an 18 yr old needs to either put up points or be a good defensive forward, can't say if he's been a good defensive forward but he has put up some points but I hope he puts up more before the season is over.

does johnson see much pk time ? i thought he'd be real good on the pk

SectionNDeserter
11-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Trade Stanford to a team for hopefully a 3rd round bantam pick.You would be lucky to get a 7th or 8th round pick for an overage goaltender. There were as good or better overage goaltenders that were just waived and not picked up at the OA deadline.

lordstanley
11-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Anyone else sick and tired of the lack of media coverge the Blades get in this city ? it is down right sickening it's all football on global and ctv sports hockey comes last even after curling give me a fricken break

No wonder why we hardly get anyone going to games

Hockey Spy
11-02-2010, 06:35 PM
according to some posters from other boards, the Blades are a dead franchise though! lol....Maybe they are dead and we just don't know it.

Funny thing is, they do play in somewhat of a morgue and the ushers do act like paulbearers. lol

lordstanley
11-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Well some folks on the Whiteboard are drama queens they know who they are