PDA

View Full Version : Lethbridge has 4 games in 5 nights.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-03-2010, 06:42 PM
I would think after this week Preston will have some decisions to make. He should have a good read on his team and players and start to move in which ever direction he feels is right. Do we move some assets to make the playoffs this year, or do we hold out and build for 2013?

2speak4all
11-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I dont think any moves can be made. Too many all in close proximity of other teams and no one team is ready to throw in the towel and deal off any prospects or top croppers. Until a larger gap in the point total occurs, I dont think any trading can be done if they he wanted to. Not too many teams are on a streak of any kind. Most are up one game and down the next and that doesnt show too much confidence if any one particular person. I am thinking there will be some major trades made in December to trade deadline. Until then you will see things pretty quiet. My take on matters anyways.

Go Canes Go!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

shushu
11-04-2010, 02:03 AM
the way he piles up draft pick year after year, this is going to be a deeeeeep team down the road...and to trade away young talent and draft pick for maybe 1 round in this years playoffs is a waste to say the least...his drafting is VERY good so lets sit back and ride out the storm playoffs or not and become the new hitmen, blades, Americans,giants of the next couple of seasons and beyond..............

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
11-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I dont think any moves can be made. Too many all in close proximity of other teams and no one team is ready to throw in the towel and deal off any prospects or top croppers. Until a larger gap in the point total occurs, I dont think any trading can be done if they he wanted to. Not too many teams are on a streak of any kind. Most are up one game and down the next and that doesnt show too much confidence if any one particular person. I am thinking there will be some major trades made in December to trade deadline. Until then you will see things pretty quiet. My take on matters anyways.

Go Canes Go!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

with your thoughts. But, I could see the Hurricanes making a move by the end of November as the teams start to seperate more in the standings and thus beat the stampede of trades. As it looks like right now, Kootenay, Saskatoon, Red Deer and now Medicine Hat are going to be the top dogs in the East, and likely the buyers.

However, Preston seems to like dealing with the US Division in order that dealt players can't come back to haunt him. If and when he does deal, it will be for scoring and an offensive defenseman.

VETS HAVE TO STEP UP!:bevvy:

Derek Sutton
11-04-2010, 08:37 PM
If and when he does deal, it will be for scoring and an offensive defense man.

VETS HAVE TO STEP UP!:bevvy:

That's one thought, I'm thinking it's for more 93's- 95's, if the GM is rebuilding and everyone knows that, his job is usually safer then if they are trying to win and not winning. It would be nice to have one player that does or has the potential to strike a little fear in the opposition and I'm not necessarily talking about a fighter, I mean a player other teams have to watch or key on. Regardless of the team records they usually have had at least one player that attracts a little attention. Boychuk, Seabrook, Barret, Duda, etc... all made other teams change their game plans in different ways, with no players of that ilk, and playing a rather simplistic system other teams will be able to walk right through this Hurricanes team.