PDA

View Full Version : KISS 2 POINTS GOOD-BYE

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
11-04-2010, 06:02 PM
The Broncos let one slip away last night. Horrible third period. Reminded me of the game earlier in the year when they gave up a 3-1 lead in Regina going into the third.

Kudos to the Blades for never quitting and out working the Broncos for the win. The Blades are nothing special but they sure do work hard.

On a positive note the Broncos scored some highlight reel goals last night. The power play looked pretty good until they really needed a goal on the short 5 on 3 late in the third.

Not sure why this team can't play 60 minutes. I would like to hear some opinions.

patsdude114
11-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Kudos to the Blades for never quitting and out working the Broncos for the win. The Blades are nothing special but they sure do work hard.

Finally another person has said it the Blades are nothing special, ill agree with another point they do work hard but there skill level is very low. Id like to see more teams work as hard as they do but with teams that have more skill.

Backhand
11-04-2010, 07:32 PM
The working hard part is what makes the Blades special - get it?

lordstanley
11-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Finally another person has said it the Blades are nothing special, ill agree with another point they do work hard but there skill level is very low. Id like to see more teams work as hard as they do but with teams that have more skill.

I guess were special enough to make the playoffs the last 2 seasons without a star like Eberle

Thank god the game isn't played on paper

ointhecreek
11-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Maybe if Friesen would quit trying to clear the puck up the left wall every time he wouldn't give the puck away. He does it every time and teams have figured it out. He can't handle the puck at all. Should leave the puck for his defense. Makes great saves but can't clear puck. Coaches should have noticed this flaw by now.

BigCat20
11-04-2010, 07:44 PM
The Pats, besides Weal, are terribly underskilled with only 48 goals scored so far this year. The Broncos look pretty weak without eakin and novotny. You scored 3 pp goals last night....obviously they were pretty goals! Problem is you're small and soft, you couldnt handle the Blades forecheck!

dodywood4ever
11-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Yup small and soft just like last year and the year before.... What in gods name will it take for this bonehead GM to get some sandpaper on this team? Its beyond pathetic. Blades ship out 3 guys that would fit the role and we dont even kick the tires? Im done. This team can get shoved around at home, sneak into the playoffs and lose in the first round like every other year and then carry on into the future with zero accountability but I wont waste my time and money watching it anymore. Atta boy Lamb you made a fan with season tickets since 89 fold up his tent. Congrats clown.

ointhecreek
11-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Ya, I've had season tickets for a while now to and am losing interest in wathing them get pushed around. Think I've been to 4 games so far. Not sure if I'll spend the 475 next year again, have to wait and see. I just don't get that the last 2 coaches played an in your face type of game but just aren't coaching that way or bringing in that type of player. There are to many players that won' go in the corners to scrum for the puck. Very disappointed that this team just isn't close to what they should be and the fan base is shrinking quickly.

Hockey Spy
11-05-2010, 11:14 AM
I guess the Bronco's are not living up to their name and playing like "Bronco's" but are in fact playing more like Marks "Lambs". Lambs to slaughter:clap:

Hockey Spy
11-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Your announcer kept calling Josh Nicholls...."MARSHALL" wow was that ever annoying!:mad:

ointhecreek
11-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Your announcer kept calling Josh Nicholls...."MARSHALL" wow was that ever annoying!:mad:

Only to you, and I'm glad.

lordstanley
11-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Wait it was annoying to me too man that Marshall was sure clutch in the third period though :groovy:

Hockey Spy
11-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Only to you, and I'm glad.

If that poor excuse they call an announcer doesn't shape up soon, then they better ship him out because he is terrible, just terrible. That or else he has to get his eyes checked WOW. He needs to learn the league!!!:confused::confused:

lordstanley
11-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Me thinks Jon kean was amazing now

Broncs in RD
11-06-2010, 12:40 AM
For all of you who have had season tickets and have been FANS for many years and want to pull the plug on this team, give your head a shake.
It is plain and simple cancel your season tickets and watch this team leave town. I guess it would be better for all you so called fans of the broncos to watch the team leave than go to the game and watch GREAT hockey and take it for what it is worth. "JUNIOR HOCKEY"
No matter what coach we have had people *****, no matter what type of team we have had people *****.
Todd Mcllelan-too defensive
Mcewan-Only played two line
Dean-Bad coach not enough skill
Now Lamb-No toughness,
The WHL is a unique league, there are only soo many young superstars and in this league you have to make due with what you got on your roster. Teams are very unlikely to trade you their superstar for your 3-4 liners. Tough guys are hard to come by these days.
My last point
If the Broncos were to go and make a run at it this year and trade for a tough guy, 2 higher end forwards and a defencemen, what would we have to give up. Richards, Howorko, draft picks, Vause, Blanke. So for this one year we get rid of our youth to help us in 2 years time, not that bad unless you have fans who would not show up to games in 2 years time because the team is no good. In swift we need to be competitive every year to make ends meet, and this year we are sitting 2nd in the EAST right where people had us slated, so why all the *****ing????
I dont get the chance to go to many WHL games anymore, but when I am back in Swift I always try and make 1 or 2 because I love the game no matter if we win or lose, as long as we can go to our little barn and watch great hockey. The Broncos mean a lot to this city so dont take things for granted.

Toswammi
11-06-2010, 08:56 AM
For all of you who have had season tickets and have been FANS for many years and want to pull the plug on this team, give your head a shake.
It is plain and simple cancel your season tickets and watch this team leave town. I guess it would be better for all you so called fans of the broncos to watch the team leave than go to the game and watch GREAT hockey and take it for what it is worth. "JUNIOR HOCKEY"
No matter what coach we have had people *****, no matter what type of team we have had people *****.
Now Lamb-No toughness,
The WHL is a unique league, there are only soo many young superstars and in this league you have to make due with what you got on your roster. Teams are very unlikely to trade you their superstar for your 3-4 liners. Tough guys are hard to come by these days.
My last point
If the Broncos were to go and make a run at it this year and trade for a tough guy, 2 higher end forwards and a defencemen, what would we have to give up. Richards, Howorko, draft picks, Vause, Blanke. So for this one year we get rid of our youth to help us in 2 years time, not that bad unless you have fans who would not show up to games in 2 years time because the team is no good. In swift we need to be competitive every year to make ends meet, and this year we are sitting 2nd in the EAST right where people had us slated, so why all the *****ing????
I dont get the chance to go to many WHL games anymore, but when I am back in Swift I always try and make 1 or 2 because I love the game no matter if we win or lose, as long as we can go to our little barn and watch great hockey. The Broncos mean a lot to this city so dont take things for granted.

Hurray, a post I can agree with.

Chuckles
11-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Also i watched a lot of the game last night in PA and honestly i was very impressed with our grit... on the same page i thought they took some pretty cheap shots at us. I thought the hit on hutt was a hit at the head from behind and cross check from the front. Secondly the hit on howorko was just ugly.. he didn't the puck the announcer said there was nothing wrong with it... It was dirty in my Opinion. BUT all in all it wass a great gut check last night good job boys:) and lets hope everyone is ok for tonights game.. cause lots of questions after last night....
GO broncos go:)

eighty
11-06-2010, 01:55 PM
yes i believe this team is playing extremely well and sure there are games that will have slips but they are playing gritty and were getting a solid effort from everyone, keep up the full 60 min effort and there should be nothing to be complaining about, especially no reason to give up and not go to games! what ever happened to being loud and being into the game as much as the players! it helps!

shawnmullin
11-06-2010, 03:42 PM
My apologies for the Nicholls mix up. Not sure what got in my head on that one.

lostsheep
11-06-2010, 04:37 PM
thats ok Marshall ...Nicholls who ever as long as he put it in the net...:groovy:
________
FIX PS3 (http://fixps3.info/)

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
11-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Now Lamb-No toughness,
My last point

Great post. Having said that, for me , the jury is still out on Lamb, but he deserves this year to show us the direction he is taking this team. It is way to early to panic and turn in your season tickets. Even if we were a ****ty team (and were not) Eakin and Dowling are worth the price of admission alone. I feel privleged to be able to watch them play in my hometown.

Is this a great team...No it it isn't. But it is a good team and on most nights battles hard. It's the consistency issue that bothers me the most. The 3 losses to the Pats boggles my mind.

Lamb's downside for me right now is his not rolling all four lines and leaving the top lines fatigued in the third period or for the second game in 2 nights or 3 nights. The top line guys are also working the PP and the PK.

As I stated earlier it will be interesting to see what direction Lamb takes with this team. There is only so much trading he can do to change the complexion of this team but I am sure he is working on it.

Is it time to turn in your season tickets???????? HELL NO!!!!!!!!! Get out and support this franchise. We are very lucky to have them. It is easy to piss and moan but be careful of what you wish for.

trucker
11-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Yep, lets not jump on our coach or our team!! Its easy to ***** and complain behind an annonymous name but "handing in your tickets"??...Welcome to hockey boys!! Ups and downs, every team has them. Nedomel has brought us toughness for years to come, can only get better and tougher and he was brought in by Mark. Our defense is young and part of that is having to go thru growing pains and offense is some of the best in the league!! We are 2nd in our division...nothing wrong with that!!! Get off these rants on our coach and team!! We have grit, maybe not the most but not worth constantly complaining about!! I too think we need a tough guy, Lamb said so himself, so obviously they are hard to find!!! Stop *****ing, start cheering, if this early in the season makes you hand in your tickets then so long, never needed you anyway!! We should all be glad we don't live in P.A. and have a crappy team with cranky players with beds full of bugs!!!! Pick on those dick heads...not our Broncos!!!!

dodywood4ever
11-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Get off the soapbox people. You blindly support mediocrity for years and years and you tell me to give my head a shake? Perfect. I dont expect first place every year but once every 3 or 4 years is within reason. Guess losers accept it. Enjoy.

Horseshoe
11-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Get off the soapbox people. You blindly support mediocrity for years and years and you tell me to give my head a shake? Perfect. I dont expect first place every year but once every 3 or 4 years is within reason. Guess losers accept it. Enjoy.

Actually, I don't think you call people like that losers, I believe they are called 'FANS'. If you are jumping off now don't bother coming back when the team is good because us 'FANS' who stay on the whole time don't need you!

ointhecreek
11-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Actually, I don't think you call people like that losers, I believe they are called 'FANS'. If you are jumping off now don't bother coming back when the team is good because us 'FANS' who stay on the whole time don't need you!

Maybe you don't need them but the Broncos need as many butts in the seats as they can get at any time. Fans aren't happy for whatever reason and it shows by all the empty seats. You're telling paying customers to never come back? Fans don't start coming= Broncos move. League is just looking to approve a move to a bigger money market.