PDA

View Full Version : Jyri Niemi scratched for the 3rd straight game

Hockey Spy
11-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Hartford Wolfpack have scratched Jyri Niemi tonight for the 3rd game in a row. More over, this was Hartford's 3rd game in 3 nights as well.

I wonder if he will be returned or has been returned already.

lordstanley
11-07-2010, 08:24 PM
It all kind of makes sence also with the Blades only having 6 dman and Morrison playing a bit better as of late maybe we keep morrison and get good value in Stanford for a trade

Hockey Spy
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Also, he is at the 9 game mark as well which means his AHL contract won't kick in if they choose to send him back right now.

Niemi wasn't quite ready for the AHL by most reports as he went pointless in 9 games and was a -5.

Trav
11-07-2010, 08:51 PM
I can see Niemi being traded for a d-man. We don't need Niemi. I'd rather keep Stanford. Maybe Niemi and Morrison to someone for a top 4 d-man. That would allow Todd to stay here.

lordstanley
11-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I trust Lorne to do what is best for the team after all im just a arm chair Gm even though it is fun to predict

wango tango
11-07-2010, 09:33 PM
moving a 20 (stanford, viedensky, zahn) wouldn't be the only necessary deal.

one of stransky or viedensky would have to also be dealt.

good to add a vet dman in niemi, lots of shakeup to the team if it were to happen.

RenegadeStylings
11-07-2010, 10:14 PM
I could definitely see Niemi being dealt for a 19 year old Dman if he were to come back.

lordstanley
11-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Tri City has a opening for 2 Euros i'm not sure what there 20 year old situation is like though

Trav
11-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Tri Citys has a open 20 yr old spot to. I guess if there was a deal between the Blades and Americans, could see maybe Humpries or Sutherland come here in return for Niemi, should Tri Citys want him.

lordstanley
11-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Tri Citys has a open 20 yr old spot to. I guess if there was a deal between the Blades and Americans, could see maybe Humpries or Sutherland come here in return for Niemi, should Tri Citys want him.

It says tri city has 4 overagers

Reddick
Schmidt
Stebner
Prokop injured *

lostsheep
11-08-2010, 07:30 AM
A niemi for glennie, or barrie trade would be nice
________
Jailbroken (http://jailbroken.org/)

twentyone
11-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Niemi for Glennie? or Barrie?. Talk about wishful thinking.

I can't see Lorne keeping Niemi. We are a first place team so far without him so why shake up the team at this point. As for trading him for a 19 yr old D man maybe but I can't see us getting much for a 20 yr old Euro. At best Lorne can trade him for a 3rd round pick.

We have gathered up a lot of draft picks over the years and our top 50 protected list from what I here is one of the best in the league. I say Lorne will wait until the trade deadline to make any moves. Right now every team believes they still have a shot. By deadline you the teams who are out of the playoffs will be looking to trade some veteran players for draft picks and prospects. AKA Regina pats. At that time Lorne can use some of those draft picks to pick a solid D man and Forward.

I have said it all year on this site we are one solid tough D man who can make a nice first pass (Hamonic, Siemens, Teubert type) and a good skilled power forward (Carter Ashton, Curtisa Hamilton Type) away from a Memorial Cup birth. we have the make up for a good run, no need to really add much. I really think we are close. This team is in first place and from what I have seen still have yet to play a strong 60 min game. Just imagine what they can do once they find that consitency.

Brandonite
11-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Also, he is at the 9 game mark as well which means his AHL contract won't kick in if they choose to send him back right now.

Niemi wasn't quite ready for the AHL by most reports as he went pointless in 9 games and was a -5.

If he went -5 and pointless in 9 games, he 100% deserves to be sent back to Junior. He clearly is not ready for the Pro game and needs another year of seasoning before he gets ruined for good! Look at Colby Robak, same age player 14 GP, 2G, 7A, 9P and an even plus/minus. Thats very good for a rookie, but Niemi is not ready for the AHL yet.

BladesFan_2010
11-08-2010, 01:43 PM
I heard rumblings that some didn't want Niemi back this year because he didn't get along well with some teammates. I think Lorne might just trade him somewhere and maybe get a player in return.

Besides, why would he only have 5 defenceman at this point? Why not have Vandane here as an extra or else someone on the roster who can play both forward and D like Acolatse was able to?

Plus, what is the deal with Stipanick? Is he that good that he is still on the roster? If he was hurt you figure he would have gone back to his club team. Nobody has said much about him, just wondering what the scoop is?

Backhand
11-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Stipancik is in the Blades future plans and was expected to be in the line up this season. He's a big body D-man who has probs shown well so far albeit with no games yet. If all goes well he'll be cleared to play in January. (concussion)

SectionNDeserter
11-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Niemi for Glennie? or Barrie?. Talk about wishful thinking.Extremely wishful thinking. Kelowna is in the basement in the west, and Barrie is a year younger, not a two-spotter, and in addition to being better defensively, has consistently put up twice as many points.

Brandon may be looking to ship out Glennie for some future talent at some point if things don't turn around, but they sure won't be looking for an overage import defenseman in return.

Trav
11-08-2010, 07:09 PM
A niemi for glennie, or barrie trade would be nice

What did u have to drink this morning or last night, it obviously affected ur thinking lol. Come on dude, nobody in their right mind would trade Glennie or Barrie for a 20 yr old import d-man. The Wheat Kings have two imports as do the Rockets.

lostsheep
11-09-2010, 08:39 AM
far fetched but we can all dream. We do not need to keep Neimi and to get a good draft pick 2-4 round would be great. I still really do not think he would be back under any circumstances.
________
IOLITE PORTABLE HERBAL VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://www.vaporshop.com)

reims
11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't be thAt suprized. If niemi is once again a blAde...he would qb the pp...and give a. Big shot from the point...stransky coulD be easily reassigned And stanford just might get moved....blades will get nothing for him bc of eurO And 20 spot conciderations...I may be the only one saying this but I think niemi would imProve this team offensively instantly and gIve the. Blades the best d corPs in the whl.

lostsheep
11-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Ahh but i can dream, Niemi has no place on this team, a 2-4 round draft pick would be fine.IMHO he would not come back here anyway, Europe would be a better fit.
________
DEPAKOTE SETTLEMENT (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)