PDA

View Full Version : Wheats week-end

booboo
11-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Looks like the Wheats will lose in Regina. Did not sound like they played too well in this one. It looks to me after watching the two home games that the team with the present line-up will have trouble winning too many games. They were very fortunate to win both games vs Spokane and Seattle. Some of my observations are: One--the defence struggles in their own end far too often. Hunter seems slow and has trouble controlling some of the quicker, bigger forwards. Bestland will make one good play followed by two dumb ones. It looks to me as if the defence as a whole seems to find themselves on the wrong side of the puck a lot and thus lose possession. Two---the team has trouble scoring goals and this has hurt them in a lot of their games. I guess I expected them to struggle after the players they lost but it still disappointing to see them struggle. The Schenn scenerio will come to a conclusion soon and the team can then move on. Some changes may be needed at least by the end of November. Any thoughts?:frog:

Allin44
11-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Looks like the Wheats will lose in Regina. Did not sound like they played too well in this one. It looks to me after watching the two home games that the team with the present line-up will have trouble winning too many games. They were very fortunate to win both games vs Spokane and Seattle. Some of my observations are: One--the defence struggles in their own end far too often. Hunter seems slow and has trouble controlling some of the quicker, bigger forwards. Bestland will make one good play followed by two dumb ones. It looks to me as if the defence as a whole seems to find themselves on the wrong side of the puck a lot and thus lose possession. Two---the team has trouble scoring goals and this has hurt them in a lot of their games. I guess I expected them to struggle after the players they lost but it still disappointing to see them struggle. The Schenn scenerio will come to a conclusion soon and the team can then move on. Some changes may be needed at least by the end of November. Any thoughts?:frog:

Keep status-quo until the World Juniors, then trade #15 and #10 if hes back.

Joe Hallenback
11-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Well we are playing most nights with 1 16 year old D and 2 17 year old D. Not sure if you expect them to be better but I don't. With the amount of rookies we have in the lineup plus the early injuries and the long road trip we are probably alot better off then we really should be.

Positives

- Liston has been great and Boes looks like a more than capable backup. Good duo to have moving forward

- Seaman is going to be very good. Once he fills out and gets stronger we have a pretty damm good 2 way forward here.

- Swripya should be all right going forward. Its obvious he needs time to adjust but he looks like he will.

- Pulock and Roy are going to be excellent. You can see the quality they just need the strength that only age can bring.

- Stone is a monster in this league. Strange he didn't get a sniff for Team WHL but he will have a huge year this year and probably a bigger one next year.

Were going to be good next year with the possibility of being great for 2 years after if we keep this group together. We do need to parley Glennie into some prospects/picks and I wouldn't mind them shopping Gusstafsson and Miertz as well since they are both probably gone next year.

sbtatter
11-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Well we are playing most nights with 1 16 year old D and 2 17 year old D. Not sure if you expect them to be better but I don't. With the amount of rookies we have in the lineup plus the early injuries and the long road trip we are probably alot better off then we really should be.

Positives

- Liston has been great and Boes looks like a more than capable backup. Good duo to have moving forward

- Seaman is going to be very good. Once he fills out and gets stronger we have a pretty damm good 2 way forward here.

- Swripya should be all right going forward. Its obvious he needs time to adjust but he looks like he will.

- Pulock and Roy are going to be excellent. You can see the quality they just need the strength that only age can bring.

- Stone is a monster in this league. Strange he didn't get a sniff for Team WHL but he will have a huge year this year and probably a bigger one next year.

Were going to be good next year with the possibility of being great for 2 years after if we keep this group together. We do need to parley Glennie into some prospects/picks and I wouldn't mind them shopping Gusstafsson and Miertz as well since they are both probably gone next year.

Our defence will be so good next year, just losing Bestland and adding Kuczek and waltz....

booboo
11-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Surely you're not advocating that we keep Melnychuck as an overager. Yikes!! Get rid of both Euros as they are not producing hence there is no need to keep checking Euros. Glennie and Schenn(if he comes back) should both be traded at the trade deadline--do not repeat the mistake Regina made by not moving Eberle. A trade of this magnitude could set us up for the next 4 or 5 years.:clap:

sbtatter
11-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Surely you're not advocating that we keep Melnychuck as an overager. Yikes!! Get rid of both Euros as they are not producing hence there is no need to keep checking Euros. Glennie and Schenn(if he comes back) should both be traded at the trade deadline--do not repeat the mistake Regina made by not moving Eberle. A trade of this magnitude could set us up for the next 4 or 5 years.:clap:

For sure keep BM, he's a steady d-man that every team needs

booboo
11-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Surely you jest????:mad:

sbtatter
11-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Surely you jest????:mad:

Ha, I'm not. Not every guy can be a stud, but at least BM can eat up big minutes and provide some steady play. A lot of people are quick to point out his negatives, but are hesitant to give him some credit when it's due....we could do a lot worse than have Brodie as an overager....

wheatiesfan
11-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Ha, I'm not. Not every guy can be a stud, but at least BM can eat up big minutes and provide some steady play. A lot of people are quick to point out his negatives, but are hesitant to give him some credit when it's due....we could do a lot worse than have Brodie as an overager....

There are a lot of armchair experts on here who like to have a whipping boy or two, and I have been critical of BM in the past myself, but I've got to hand it to him. He's been the best defenceman we've had in the last month and the pairing of him and Pulock[who has the poise of a 19yr old] are looking good. Unfortunately, I can't saythe same for Bestland who has had some bad lapses lately that have cost us some big goals.