PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

Chipper
05-15-2005, 09:56 PM
What is the status of Yomans for the Memorial cup? Or the general prognosis of other injuries. Can you still field your best team?

eecliff
05-15-2005, 11:14 PM
What is the status of Yomans for the Memorial cup? Or the general prognosis of other injuries. Can you still field your best team?

Haven’t heard much other than Yeomans is still listed day to day but the general feeling around town is that he is done for the season.

I think other than Yeomans the Rockets will be sending a very healthy team to London.

Speaking of Yeomans has anyone heard the latest rumor? I don’t know if I can believe it or not, but it was told to me by a very reliable source.

If Yeomans isn’t ready for the Memorial Cup and the fact that Brian Kaval has other commitments, which leaves the Rockets with no back up goalie for the M-Cup the CHL/WHL have given the Rockets the ok to dress Jeff Glass as a back up only..

OK everyone …don’t jump all over me, but this is only what I’ve heard ..
Now would this be one hell of a story line if it was to be true ???

ee…..

Kassian
05-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Not that this means much because players say it all the time when it isn't necessarily true, but didn't Yeomans say he would definitely be back for the Memorial Cup during an interview with Shaw during the intermission of either game 4 or game 5? I swear I remember hearing that...

eecliff
05-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Not that this means much because players say it all the time when it isn't necessarily true, but didn't Yeomans say he would definitely be back for the Memorial Cup during an interview with Shaw during the intermission of either game 4 or game 5? I swear I remember hearing that...

I have all the games on tape ..I'll look back and see what I can find ...
I sure hope he'll be back... :thumb:

ee.....

Jovorock
05-16-2005, 05:49 AM
Yeomans and Bruce Hamilton did say in interviewes after beating out Brandon that they both thought Derel would be ready for London. I haven't heard anything since, but it wasn't a for sure. Wait and see what happens in the next few days?

Chipper
05-16-2005, 08:37 AM
Haven’t heard much other than Yeomans is still listed day to day but the general feeling around town is that he is done for the season.

I think other than Yeomans the Rockets will be sending a very healthy team to London.

Speaking of Yeomans has anyone heard the latest rumor? I don’t know if I can believe it or not, but it was told to me by a very reliable source.

If Yeomans isn’t ready for the Memorial Cup and the fact that Brian Kaval has other commitments, which leaves the Rockets with no back up goalie for the M-Cup the CHL/WHL have given the Rockets the ok to dress Jeff Glass as a back up only..

OK everyone …don’t jump all over me, but this is only what I’ve heard ..
Now would this be one hell of a story line if it was to be true ???

ee…..
That would be interesting to see Glass in a Rocket jersy lol If there was a way to do it great, I would have my doubts if that would happen though. Can you imagine Jeff glass finishing his carrier as a Rocket and win a Memorial cup.

Kassian
05-16-2005, 08:57 AM
I have all the games on tape ..I'll look back and see what I can find ...
I sure hope he'll be back... :thumb:

ee.....

Yeah I have most of the games on tape. I think I recorded over one accidently, but if you can't find it, I'll try and see if I have it.

thomasincanada
05-16-2005, 09:04 AM
That would be interesting to see Glass in a Rocket jersy lol If there was a way to do it great, I would have my doubts if that would happen though. Can you imagine Jeff glass finishing his carrier as a Rocket and win a Memorial cup.

Kelowna is a great team and should be able to compete (and quite possibly win) without having to bring in ringers. If they win any other way they don't deserve the credit. I would think die hard Kelowna fans would prefer to win (or lose) with their real team.

As a London fan I would honestly give them absolutely no respect if they won it because Glass was in net. It's like London going out and signing Jeff Carter as a backup forward because Kell is hurt or something (Carter isn't a forward but I think my point is clear).

Tom

Jovorock
05-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Kelowna is a great team and should be able to compete (and quite possibly win) without having to bring in ringers. If they win any other way they don't deserve the credit. I would think die hard Kelowna fans would prefer to win (or lose) with their real team.

As a London fan I would honestly give them absolutely no respect if they won it because Glass was in net. It's like London going out and signing Jeff Carter as a backup forward because Kell is hurt or something (Carter isn't a forward but I think my point is clear).

Tom
If we are able to bring another goalie he would only be used if Westblom was to get injured. For the Brandon series when Yeomans got injured we had a 16 yr old as the backup for WEstblom. Even if they allowed a BCHL junior A goalie would be ok. Yoemans hasn't even practiced yet so who knows what will happen?

Brandon Wheatkings
05-16-2005, 01:10 PM
If Brian Kaval was to play in the tourny whether it be backup or whatever,does he recieve a ring and get credit for a rockets win?How does that work?

Tipped Off
05-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Everett, WA - Everett Silvertips goaltender Michael Wall will be practicing with the Kelowna Rockets as they prepare for the 2005 MasterCard Memorial Cup Tournament.

During the 2004-2005 regular season for the Silvertips, Wall finished 5th in the WHL in Goals Against Average (1.92), 3rd in Save Percentage (.931), tied for 8th in Wins (24) and 2nd in the WHL in Shutouts (10). In the 2005 WHL Playoffs, the Telkwa, BC native finished with a 2.15 Goals Against Average and .936 Save Percentage.

Subject to CHL approval, Wall may be added to the Kelowna Rockets roster for the 2005 MasterCard Memorial Cup as an emergency back-up goaltender due to the possible season ending injury suffered by Rockets goaltender Derek Yeomans. Yeomans was injured in Game 1 of the 2005 WHL Championship series against the Brandon Wheat Kings and did not play in the remainder of the series.

WHL regulations permit the addition of a goaltender from another WHL club's protected list on an emergency replacement basis only. If the CHL grants approval, Wall will serve as Kelowna's back-up goaltender at the Memorial Cup but will not be permitted to play unless an injury occurs to current starting goaltender Kristofer Westblom.

The MasterCard Memorial Cup begins Saturday, May 21, in London, Ontario.

eecliff
05-16-2005, 03:07 PM
I guess I wasn't to far off ....when I thoght it might be Jeff Glass..

ee.....

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-16-2005, 03:15 PM
So who is going to hit wesbloom with a bat tonight???HMMMMMM ;)

Jovorock
05-16-2005, 03:36 PM
I thought I saw Later in town today. :laugh:

tazndevil
05-16-2005, 03:36 PM

I would have to say no one will.

Both Stone and Later are watching on TV.

Taz

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Oh Taz ....what a burn hahaha ....NOT your team has been golfing for a month now havent they? :laugh:

tazndevil
05-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Ya.

Pretty funny.

Say when are you going to change your sign in name?

Wheat Kings 04-05 Champs?

NOT

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Oh sorry Eastern Confernce CHAMPS. What banner is Calgary putting in the rafters next year TAz? There golf scores? :laugh:

IamBatman
05-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Oh sorry Eastern Confernce CHAMPS. What banner is Calgary putting in the rafters next year TAz? There golf scores? :laugh:

Yes, your still bitter about the loss. We understand... Time to work on some new material. The golf shots are getting old, quick. :thumb:

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-17-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm not bitter Sally the better team won like I've said in other posts. On another note I dont think i was even talking to you to begin with :laugh:

fightstrap50
05-17-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm not bitter Sally the better team won like I've said in other posts. On another note I dont think i was even talking to you to begin with :laugh:
when you post you are talking to every member of this site, whether it be direct or indirect, everyone has some thought to every post on here in any forum.
oh, sorry, i guess you werent talking to me!
GO ICE GO!!!

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Now your getting it champ :thumb: