PDA

View Full Version : Canes New Third Jerseys

O&C
11-08-2010, 06:38 PM
http://canesbroadcaster.blogspot.com/2010/11/hurricanes-unveil-third-jerseys.html

Pretty much a Washington Capitals jersey/logo reworked for the Canes. I dont mind them. For sure low on originality but they will look good in full gear. I guess the original canes jerseys were a rip off of the Cap's at the time too so in a way its just an update. I just wish they would have used the original Canes hockey stick logo like they had on the retro's during their run to the WHL finals 3 years ago. Loved that jersey and logo!

Thoughts?

hockey4
11-08-2010, 06:44 PM
What is with hurricanes and their unoriginality. didn't they steal taz a couple years ago, which followed years of a capitals rip-off, and now this (which is 110% a capitals uniform, logo included). Hard to like them when it took me longer to write this then they did to design it.

Derek Sutton
11-08-2010, 08:30 PM
that this is how sport works, but I hate it, not so much the Jersey itself (although it is rather boring) but the ideals of third jerseys. They've just made a "third" jersey, so kids will ask for it for Christmas. These jerseys come and go and next year there will be another one, they are not meaningful, are not commerative nor even novelty (Saskatoon). Remember the "Grey Jersey"? Then there was the retro jersey the next year. Followed by "an all new set" of jerseys last year. I will never buy a Hurricanes Jersey for theses reasons, and some additoinal ones to.

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
11-09-2010, 12:07 AM
First it was Washington, then Taz, then Carolina and now back to the Capitals. When are the Hurricanes going to come up with something that is truly theirs and not a takeoff on another teams? Yes the red is sharp, but the logo is too much like the Capitals. I wonder if they are infringing on the Capitals logo. They lost Taz to Warner Bros for that very reason. I know the Hurricane name is hard to find a logo for, but maybe they should go back to the original with the hockey stick and stars. Afterall it is theirs. The only other option is to change the name and then find a logo that goes with it. But the name change is not going to happen.

Well there will be one of the Hurricanes who will love the jersey. Russian Alex Kuvaev's favorite player is #8 from Washington.

Enough of the jersey controversy, here's to 4 in a row!

GO CANES GO!:bevvy:

shushu
11-09-2010, 01:24 AM
What is with hurricanes and their unoriginality. didn't they steal taz a couple years ago, which followed years of a capitals rip-off, and now this (which is 110% a capitals uniform, logo included). Hard to like them when it took me longer to write this then they did to design it.

unoriginal or not there not even close when it comes to as ugly as the rebs cream and red jerseys that look like a throw back to 1910 collage football years...yours look like someone drank a gallon of spoiled cream and puked it up on them selfs............

RDRebelsfan
11-09-2010, 02:00 AM
unoriginal or not there not even close when it comes to as ugly as the rebs cream and red jerseys that look like a throw back to 1910 collage football years...yours look like someone drank a gallon of spoiled cream and puked it up on them selfs............

um....no.

shushu
11-09-2010, 02:06 AM
um....no.

yesssssssssssssssss.....leather head...............isnt that what they called the boys back in the day.....lol..........

hockey4
11-09-2010, 03:13 AM

Im pretty sure that is what they were going for....a retro look. 100% original and different, from the logo to the shoulder patch. i haven't even touched on what specifically i like or dislike about the canes jersey, i'm still stuck on the fact it is a carbon copy.

RDRebelsfan
11-09-2010, 03:40 AM
yesssssssssssssssss.....leather head...............isnt that what they called the boys back in the day.....lol..........

ours>yours

caniac # 2
11-09-2010, 11:02 AM
ours>yours

a little off topic but......

I'm wondering why you guys are on your computers at 340 in the morning talking hockey, seems rather strange to me....ha ha ha ha ha ha :confused:

RDRebelsfan
11-09-2010, 02:03 PM
a little off topic but......

I'm wondering why you guys are on your computers at 340 in the morning talking hockey, seems rather strange to me....ha ha ha ha ha ha :confused:

Called insomnia. :p

And it was at 2:40

Gilligans
11-09-2010, 03:23 PM
The new jerseys are nice enough, but I agree they need some originality. Maybe for their next jersey they can have a contest for people to design something and the winner gets a season ticket or something.

What's the point in having another jersey if it's just a replica of someone else's anyway. They don't peak anyone's interest, sales will not be good because there isn't really a keepsake in it. Something for management to consider before putting any effort and money into something, will it be worthwhile in the end.

Does anyone know if they are required to have a 3rd jersey or is this just a "make work" or "keeping up with the jones's" project? Not trying to be critical just constructive:hmmm:

shushu
11-10-2010, 01:56 AM
Im pretty sure that is what they were going for....a retro look. 100% original and different, from the logo to the shoulder patch. i haven't even touched on what specifically i like or dislike about the canes jersey, i'm still stuck on the fact it is a carbon copy.

so to copy something from a 100 years ago is original.?..maybe in red deer but as for the rest of the world.......not so much........quit fooling yourself, where do you think portlands jersey's come from along with a few other teams around the league...........lol........nice try..........

hockey4
11-10-2010, 03:47 AM
so to copy something from a 100 years ago is original.?..maybe in red deer but as for the rest of the world.......not so much........quit fooling yourself, where do you think portlands jersey's come from along with a few other teams around the league...........lol........nice try..........

i'm shocked i have to explain the difference...but here it goes. the rebels used colors and a stripping pattern that replicates an older looking jersey. Lethbridge took washingtons exact jersey, and simply inserted lethbridge and hurricanes in the appropriate places. one takes a thought, the other took a minute

2speak4all
11-10-2010, 11:58 AM
It is a jersey!! Whether it is designed after something or not. It is being worn as a thanks to the many men and women to give of their lives to serve our country -- something that has been lost in all the posts.

O&C
11-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Well after seeing the jerseys in action I am a believer! They get an F in originality but they look awesome in full gear! I would be fine with a permanent change to this new look.

Also a very entertaining game. The Canes probably should have won it in regulation but they let the game get away for a while. I was really impressed with Canes special teams tonight. Great puck movement on the PP.

Calgary looked much better than a team that has lost 10 in a row. That being said the Canes should have capitalized on more chances in the first two periods. Snider was pretty shaky. He had a hard time finding pucks and managed to shoot out some pretty juicy rebounds.

Finally, what exactly happened in the corner between Machacek and Beach?? I missed the first half and only saw Machacek rag-dolling a turtled Beach. Beach spent 3 minutes laying on the ice before heading to the bench. Just like Kyle he didnt even miss a shift after being "hurt"....

shushu
11-11-2010, 01:25 AM
it might of been a dirty win but they are finding a way to do this none the less...great teams role with the punches.........again,
GREAT job tonight canes..........

O&C
11-11-2010, 01:29 PM
http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameEvents.aspx?Game=324149#Message684208

Here is video of the Machicuk-Beach incident that resulted in the 5 minute major and a game misconduct.

Beach had been asking for it all night hacking and jawing with the Canes players and I think the hit on Braes just pushed Machicuk over the edge.

That being said not a good penalty to take at that point of a one goal game.

SectionNDeserter
11-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Camera was from far away, but it looked like Beach's head snaps forward for some unknown reason even before the punch is thrown, Machacek connects with an average punch to the side of his helmet, and then lands a few weak punches to the arm/shoulder and ribs a few times after he goes down. Why exactly is Beach down for so long?

shushu
11-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Camera was from far away, but it looked like Beach's head snaps forward for some unknown reason even before the punch is thrown, Machacek connects with an average punch to the side of his helmet, and then lands a few weak punches to the arm/shoulder and ribs a few times after he goes down. Why exactly is Beach down for so long?

seems to be the same pile of crap as his brother was/is....he lays on the ice for 5 straight minutes then barely make it off under his own power, but amazingly is skating like the wind a short time later......

canes watcher
11-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Good call, Shu. I'm ok with Machacek taking that penalty, you set some things up for later in the season, especially in these division games.

canes77
11-12-2010, 06:09 AM
Why exactly is Beach down for so long?

Any WHL fan of the past 5 years should know exactly why Beach was down for so long...
Coach Kabayama said it best after the game... something like "things like this will settle itself on the ice...we play them four more times this year"

Who else is happy to see Beach and the Hitmen stuck in an 11 game losing streak?

canes77
11-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Good call, Shu. I'm ok with Machacek taking that penalty, you set some things up for later in the season, especially in these division games.

So am I - "good" penalties like that are always easier to kill off.

I hope Machacek does the same to Cody Beach what Chris Bruton did to Kyle Beach!!

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
11-12-2010, 04:43 PM
I know that predictions are a 50/50 shot at best. But, I will bet a steak dinner that when the Hurricanes open the 20012/2013 season in the almost brand new Enmax Centre that they will have a completely different and unique logo that will embrance the name Hurricane. Just a hunch!

Beach apparently stuck one of the Canes (think it was Braes) and Cason had had enough of his %$#%$E^( so he took matters into his own hands (literally). I too thought that Beach was seriously injured......yah right! Hopefully the refs made a mental note of his "act".

Tough one in Brandon tonight.....the Wheaties won't be the same team that we saw here a while back.

DRIVE FOR FIVE!:bevvy:

grainbear
11-12-2010, 05:11 PM
This will be awarded for his great impression of a turtle. Or perhaps it was for his miracle return after missing maybe a shift. I realize that the ref had no choice but he certainly is not half the player his brother is at the same age. Perhaps we will see Henry brought in for tonight from Winnipeg if he is not playing in his league . Lets see another good game and maybe tonight the keeper will stand on his head . Keep on trucking Canes

shushu
11-13-2010, 02:32 AM
took a tough team into o/t and gained a point ...and that is all we as fans can ask. kick some @ss tommorow night in the jaw.......GO CANES GO...........:thumb:.....PS...f@%K kyle jr, he is the same piece of crap that his brother is................

Johnnydrum
11-24-2010, 05:33 PM
happen.

Well there will be one of the Hurricanes who will love the jersey. Russian Alex Kuvaev's favorite player is #8 from Washington.

Enough of the jersey controversy, here's to 4 in a row!

GO CANES GO!:bevvy:

Well as both a long time Washington Capitals fan and a new fan of the Hurricanes, I am absaloutley delighted!

CrazyCanesFan
11-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Well as both a long time Washington Capitals fan and a new fan of the Hurricanes, I am absaloutley delighted!

Another bit of info that might make you happy is the fact that Hurricanes goaltender Brandon Anderson was signed to an entry level contract by the Washington Capitals in the off-season as an undrafted free agent, in case you didn't already know.

shushu
11-25-2010, 12:00 AM
played a great game against a good rebel squad and found a way to get it done...nice to see reners and berlund scoring some very nice s/o goals at the end....ps...still loving this johnston kid, he is one of our best on the back end as of late..........

scrawny69
11-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else believe that Richie reads this blog site?? hahahaha
3 games in a row now he is "workin" the bench and questioning the officials AND even gettin turfed from one game??!!!

Whatever the case may be GREAT game last night!! (even though I am sure "Moon":clown: will be on here stateing how lucky we were with lucky bounces and crappy defense and blah blah blah......!)

Great game boys and Mr Braes you may make a fan out of me yet....

Arthur Fonzerelli
11-25-2010, 10:02 AM
I've watched Cam Braes since he played for the Island Stars as a novice and I suspect that he hasn't taken a shift off since then. Good to see last nights goals.