PDA

View Full Version : What the blades should do at the Deadline!

The-Stove
11-09-2010, 03:19 PM
What the blades should do at the deadline!
What we should get:

Glennie and a Gustafson from Brandon:for a Niemi(if he comes back) and prospect
Vause from swift: for a prospect
Bourke and Connoly from PG: for A draft pick, Sutter and Stransky

BladesFan_2010
11-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Dude, sorry to say but you MUST be on crack!

Swift and PG would not trade their stars to us, get real.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-09-2010, 04:08 PM
The Brandon trade proposal will probably never happen. Secondly if the Blades released Hampus Gustafsson why would they want him back?

Acquiring Taylor Vause would be ok but is a 19 year old Centre,so adding him would take away ice time from another player but that is what happens all the time.

Lets try and think of some more reasonable trade proposals though.

wango tango
11-09-2010, 04:12 PM
the deadline is still too far away.

lots can happen between now and january.

who's going to be buying, selling?

IF the standings are about the same in jan 2011. maybe saskatoon does something with everett, kelowna, or spokane. molleken has a trade history with those teams.

IF things are the same then as now. i'd guess calgary, regina, and brandon to potentially be sellers.

vancouver and portland will be looking to add pieces out west.

saskatoon needs to add a top six forward. and one more defenseman.

The-Stove
11-09-2010, 04:31 PM
well my thinking was that.
1. I think that glennie would be a good addition to the blades. He is with a team that will be a seller team this deadline.
2 . With Niemi being sat for 3 games we need to trade him
3. Pg owes is and sutter been doing nothing for us exept getting penalties.
4. Vause, from what I've heard does not like lamb. He wants to be traded. We don't want him going down the route of Levi Lind.
5. As much as I like stransky. He has not out up numbers.
6. Connoly is a good edition. But a uneasonable prediction. On my part .
Any other trades. Remeber were going to break the bank this year on trades

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-09-2010, 04:43 PM
well my thinking was that.
1. I think that glennie would be a good addition to the blades. He is with a team that will be a seller team this deadline.
2 . With Niemi being sat for 3 games we need to trade him
3. Pg owes is and sutter been doing nothing for us exept getting penalties.
4. Vause, from what I've heard does not like lamb. He wants to be traded. We don't want him going down the route of Levi Lind.
5. As much as I like stransky. He has not out up numbers.
6. Connoly is a good edition. But a uneasonable prediction. On my part .
Any other trades. Remeber were going to break the bank this year on trades

If the Blades get Glennie then fine but realistically at what cost? Jyri Niemi can not be traded yet. He has not been sent back to the Blades. Yes lets trade away 1st year players who are not producing points right away? No that is highly unlikely. Give those guys a chance.

Those are some bold remarks about selling the farm/breaking the bank.

If it is not broke then WHY FIX IT???

lostsheep
11-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Thats as bad as my Neimi for Barrie or Glennie trade:) i do think we are a piece or two away from a deep run but we are finding a way to win while giving the youngsters a chance to play. Its good to see our team giving everyone a chance to prove why they are there
________
Medical Marijuana (http://medicalmarijuana.us/)

sbtatter
11-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Why would a rebuilding Bdn want Niemi???

SectionNDeserter
11-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Glennie and a Gustafson from Brandon:for a Niemi(if he comes back) and prospectLOL. Brandon isn't going to trade their most valuable asset at the moment, and a decent 19 year old import that could potentially return next season, for 3 months of Niemi and an unproven prospect. They would want at least a prospect and a high pick. Trust me, if Niemi is returned from his NHL team, he has literally no trade value. Pechurskiy is a far better overage import player than Niemi, and he was waived and not taken FOR FREE by every team in the WHL, despite there being some teams in desperate need of solid veteran goaltending.

Vause from swift: for a prospectThis might be less laughable than the first trade proposal, but Saskatoon should be looking for a better goal scorer than what they have, rather than a sparkplug/playmaker like Vause.

Bourke and Connoly from PG: for A draft pick, Sutter and StranskyAs you composed this message, PG has 5 fewer points than Saskatoon (and home ice advantage if the season ended today). They are no more sellers than Saskatoon would be.

lordstanley
11-09-2010, 07:07 PM
LOL. Brandon isn't going to trade their most valuable asset at the moment, and a decent 19 year old import that could potentially return next season, for 3 months of Niemi and an unproven prospect. They would want at least a prospect and a high pick. Trust me, if Niemi is returned from his NHL team, he has literally no trade value. Pechurskiy is a far better overage import player than Niemi, and he was waived and not taken FOR FREE by every team in the WHL, despite there being some teams in desperate need of solid veteran goaltending.

This might be less laughable than the first trade proposal, but Saskatoon should be looking for a better goal scorer than what they have, rather than a sparkplug/playmaker like Vause.

As you composed this message, PG has 5 fewer points than Saskatoon (and home ice advantage if the season ended today). They are no more sellers than Saskatoon would be.

PG has 5 fewer points than Saskatoon (and home ice advantage if the season ended today). Did i read this wrong ? are you saying PG with 5 lesser points would have home ice advantage ? and if so explain please

Trav
11-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Dude, lay off the pot or whatever your on. seriously, the Cougars won't be trading Connelly and even if they did, they sure as hell wouldn't trade Bourke in the same deal. "Yeah lets trade our best player cuz we're rebuilding and at the same time trade one of our top 16's to Saskatoon for an avarage import, a pick and a Sutter" PG may be dumb but they wouldn't be that dumb.

Trevor
11-09-2010, 07:36 PM
PG has 5 fewer points than Saskatoon (and home ice advantage if the season ended today). Did i read this wrong ? are you saying PG with 5 lesser points would have home ice advantage ? and if so explain please

If the playoffs started today, PG would be 4th in the west, therefore getting home ice in the first round of the playoffs.

lordstanley
11-09-2010, 07:39 PM
If the playoffs started today, PG would be 4th in the west, therefore getting home ice in the first round of the playoffs.

HAHA i thought he meant had we played PG in the first round lol wich also would never happen cause were in diff conferences

Hey i'm allowed 3 brain farts a day

SectionNDeserter
11-09-2010, 07:51 PM
PG has 5 fewer points than Saskatoon (and home ice advantage if the season ended today). Did i read this wrong ? are you saying PG with 5 lesser points would have home ice advantage ? and if so explain pleaseThey are in the West, and wouldn't play Saskatoon in the first round....

lordstanley
11-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Yes i know i didn't read your post correctly

The-Stove
11-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Well.....then ! I feel that some of you hate my trades. I still think that we should get Vause from swift. But we need a sniper. Who's going to be that on the team. We need our Cunningham or Gallagher. We need a good player that is accurate and has a fast wrister.

Trevor
11-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Well.....then ! I feel that some of you hate my trades. I still think that we should get Vause from swift. But we need a sniper. Who's going to be that on the team. We need our Cunningham or Gallagher. We need a good player that is accurate and has a fast wrister.

If the Blades don't think Glennie is the solution, then maybe Ryan Howse is answer to what you want. Whether CWK is willing to part ways with him I don't know. Or maybe the Blades want to bring in a hometown kid like Bubnick from Calgary.

The-Stove
11-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't think that we could land a player like Howse because unlike PG he seems like the only player that could take chiliwack and make a winner out of them. Maybe T.J foster out of Edmonton

Trav
11-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Blades need a top 4 d-man, take pressure off of Thrower and Siemens. I'd go for a top 4 d-man before another scoring forward unless it's Bubnick, I'd definitely go for him.

reims
11-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Blades need a top 4 d-man, take pressure off of Thrower and Siemens. I'd go for a top 4 d-man before another scoring forward unless it's Bubnick, I'd definitely go for him.

top 4 like Niemi???

Trav
11-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Yeah keep Niemi and trade Stanford and keep Morrison who cant even nail down the starting job and has poor numbers on one of the top teams in the league, yeah thats real SMART!!!

BigCat20
11-10-2010, 09:49 AM
I think they should go after Beach and Mackenzie from Calgary for Bews or Sutter, prospect and mid-round pick! Beach has put up points but can also fill the role of enforcer. Mackenzie plays with Thrower and Zahn with Dietz. Beach plays 3rd line with Trask and Johnson.

Niemi still a long shot from coming back. Send him to the ECHL. Bringing him back changes the team too much. No one is going to give up much for him. Yah he can shoot but 80% miss the net. Not sure they want him back, way to inconsistent and only competes to his fullest 25% of the time.

lostsheep
11-10-2010, 02:13 PM
There is no room for Neimi here, and his trade value is low. I dont think he would come back here anyway. I really would be scared to give up on a young Stranski to make room for him. I hope our team is settled into place berfore the deadline, i know there is lots of time after but the extra games still help to gel a team. The Trask, and Collins trades are really going to help, they are both playing better than i had expected. Lorne knows the same things we do and im sure has a plan and ideas of what he needs to do. just add the right spice, for the high octane team we all want to see. Bubbnick would be a nice pick up but there are others out there too.
________
Kitchen Measures (http://kitchenmeasures.com/)

The-Stove
11-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Ok new trade
Howse and second rounder from cwk for morrison, Sutter, third rounder

SectionNDeserter
11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Ok new trade
Howse and second rounder from cwk for morrison, Sutter, third rounder You may be overvaluing Sutter a tad on this one...

lostsheep
11-11-2010, 10:25 AM
I like the Howse for Morrison thing, as long as we look for a goalie for next year as i dont think a rookie goalie would be good for us.
________
Futurama forums (http://www.tv-gossip.com/futurama/)

BigCat20
11-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Why would chilliwack trade there leading scorer of the last couple years for a starting goalie. Either they will be buyers for a playoff run or sellers and want prospects and picks. I think howse will command alot more than that. Atleast a high end prospect and a 1st rounder.

If Morrison is traded it will be for picks which in turn the Blades could move to a team out of the race for a scorer or d-men!

The-Stove
11-12-2010, 09:40 AM
What about Kent Simpson out of Everett. We could send a prospect for him. A draft year goalie would be good for the blades

BladesFan_2010
11-18-2010, 12:24 PM
I dunno guys. I think we should keep both goalies. Last year when Mo was hurt in the playoffs, Stanford clearly needed to be yanked but he couldn't because the only way his backup could enter the game is via injury. In case Stanford has troubles in the playoffs Mo is a good option.

Bladenator
12-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Dude, sorry to say but you MUST be on crack!

Swift and PG would not trade their stars to us, get real.

Who's to say the "Stars" want to stay in PG??;)