PDA

View Full Version : Blades struggle vs. a weak Seattle team

Hockey Spy
11-10-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm very worried that the Blades can't beat a team like Seattle.

Is it the goaltending with Morrison?

Is it the lack of a top notch sniper?

Is it the lack of depth on the defence?

Something will have to change or else this team will play .500 hockey for the rest of the year. Win a couple, lose a couple type of team.

Portland will really pound the Blades on Friday, no question. I was down to watch them last night and all though SC outshot them, there was no question Portland is the best team in the WHL this year.

Swift Current and Moose Jaw as far as potential is concerned are still the top two teams in the East Division!

Rye
11-10-2010, 01:38 PM
You've got to be kidding me ...

Hockey Spy
11-10-2010, 01:44 PM
I didn't type all that information and take 10 minutes out of my very busy day to "kid you"!

We all know the Blades problems, I should say, us older fans. You younger fans will need a long time to do as such.

good day youngster.

RenegadeStylings
11-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Saskatoon played a very strong game overall last night. Yes, they let the lead slip away and it cost them a point, but they did not "struggle".

Hockey Spy
11-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Hey, Blade color guy!!!

Just because you go and report what Les wants you to report, don't come on here at 23 or whatever years you are and think you know what is going on after 1 year of following the league.

The fact of the matter is, you have a decent radio voice which is a good thing for you because you know not too much about the WHL or hockey in general. Until you learn the league and its prospects, don't battle me or the many others who have 20+ yrs knowledge!

good day son.

RenegadeStylings
11-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey, Blade color guy!!!

Just because you go and report what Les wants you to report, don't come on here at 23 or whatever years you are and think you know what is going on after 1 year of following the league.

The fact of the matter is, you have a decent radio voice which is a good thing for you because you know not too much about the WHL or hockey in general. Until you learn the league and its prospects, don't battle me or the many others who have 20+ yrs knowledge!

good day son.

Real mature response from someone with so much experience and knowledge.

lostsheep
11-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Wow hot topic, I dont think the boys played that bad, a questionable call near the end of the third didnt help our situation. Thats our team problem, bad or poor penalties at unfortunate times. We had it in the bag and let off the throttle a bit. We do need the true goal scoreing touch person, but we are still finding ways to win and gain leads. As a develpoing league i think we are in the right so far this year. With 25 games played and a winning record i dont think there is a need to push the panic button yet. Keep our eyes and ears open yes but dont jump too soon. there are alot of teams out there who think they still have decent shots at the playoffs and very well could. Too early to sell the farm yet.
________
Marijuana vaporizers (http://weedvaporizers.info/)

Rye
11-10-2010, 02:17 PM
First of all, old or young, don't assume you know more than I do. Experience doesn't mean anything when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Two reasons why I responded like that. First off, you were the one that made the game day thread about Seattle ... why make another one? Why don't you just start a blog?

Other reason ... you keep saying the Blades are a .500 team. Wow, you took a few days off from saying that but you're saying it again. I can only imagine how many more times you will say it ... we get it already, you don't think there's anything special.

Just do us a favour and start a blog, you obviously aren't as busy as you say you are when you post on here so often. Sure, it's nice to have some activity on here but there are more than enough people that it would be possible. Just start a blog so we can not read it.

There, I mentioned you starting a blog four times now ... did you get the message?

lostsheep
11-10-2010, 02:21 PM
ATABOY :)
________
FIX PS3 (http://fixps3.info/)

lordstanley
11-10-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't mind Cody Nicolettes job as a commentator but for him to come on here a couple weeks ago and say keep all game day threads to 1 is a little rediculous he comes across as if he runs this board wich he clearly does not

Plus do Blades really want someone as close as Les and Cody sticking there noses in a forum like this ?

RenegadeStylings
11-10-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't mind Cody Nicolettes job as a commentator but for him to come on here a couple weeks ago and say keep all game day threads to 1 is a little rediculous he comes across as if he runs this board wich he clearly does not

Plus do Blades really want someone as close as Les and Cody sticking there noses in a forum like this ?

I said that mainly as a joke :p

It wasn't meant to seem as if "I was trying to run this board"....

lordstanley
11-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I said that mainly as a joke :p

It wasn't meant to seem as if "I was trying to run this board"....

If thats the case fine but sarcasim is hard for people to catch on to add one of those gay smiley faces or a lol

The-Stove
11-10-2010, 06:23 PM
I think that they played the "blades style" of game where there really aggressive 30 minutes and give up the other 30

BigCat20
11-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey, Blade color guy!!!

good day son.

HOCKEY SPY = DOUCHE BAG!!!

whlking
11-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Just referencing to the title here for a minute. You reference to Seattle as a "weak" team. I'm curious on why you feel that way. Unarguably, they have the CHL's best goaltender. A team like this would be the LAST team a potential # 1 seed like Portland would want to play in the first round(although to qualify that, I don't foresee Seattle as an 8, probably a 5-6). Their group of forwards are playing more cohesive and getting greater contribution from all four lines.

In summary, Seattle is a not a "weak" team by any stretch. A "dangerous" team would be a better adjective to describe the T-Birds.

lordstanley
11-10-2010, 09:21 PM
A weak team maybe not but a team the Blades should beat ? yes for sure no doubt about it the American division is very strong this year hense our 1-1-1 record vs them i thought at the start of this season 5 american teams would make the playoffs and only 3 from the B.C div

BigCat20
11-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm very worried that the Blades can't beat a team like Seattle.

Is it the goaltending with Morrison?

Is it the lack of a top notch sniper?

Is it the lack of depth on the defence?

Something will have to change or else this team will play .500 hockey for the rest of the year. Win a couple, lose a couple type of team.

Portland will really pound the Blades on Friday, no question. I was down to watch them last night and all though SC outshot them, there was no question Portland is the best team in the WHL this year.

Swift Current and Moose Jaw as far as potential is concerned are still the top two teams in the East Division!

The powerhouse Portland team had all they could handle with the Pats tonight. Seeing a team once and proclaiming them the best team may be a little much. Maybe someones looking at their record too much. Or maybe you got alot of hate on for the Blades!

P.A. got burned by the T-birds with 3 PP goals. Same with the Blades, pk not getting it done.

You keep saying all this .500 hockey, they will have to go on a terrible losing streak to get close to your "contenders" records!