PDA

View Full Version : another coaching loss

patsdude114
11-12-2010, 10:23 PM
im getting sick & tired of the same thing happening game in & game out with the lead. Coach Hunt dropping back into his stupid defensive minded game with ZERO forecheck & letting the opposition gain the red line every single rush with no effort what so ever. Then when the game is over blame the players that they stopped playing to the game plan.

Hunt when r u going to realize that ur defensive game doesnt work any more maybe we can finally hold onto wins by doing what was working all game long & thats working the puck down low & actually forechecking to get it back.

west coast
11-12-2010, 10:48 PM
I just dont understand it!! The same thing has been happening all year.The Pats have given up countless multi goal leads late in game this year.The one that still sticks out is blowing a big lead at home vs Red Deer,losing lead vs Portland,and again tonight vs Seattle.Sitting on lead ,and implementing a passive forecheck that allows teams to rip thru neutral zone with speed is definately not working.Shortening the bench to two lines and 4 d in third period wears down those players.Too many goals allowed ,bad save percentage,there is just a whole lot of things wrong that is listing the ship.Blowing all of these leads at home is also disturbing.Is it the players? or the system?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Its too bad a great game had to end like that.

A lot of people are going to blame the players for this games loss, including dan plaster who last year with rod were experts at avoiding the elephant(s) in the room...but it was actually the systems that mostly did us in. We sat on a lead and played not to lose instead of trying to win, we stopped moving our feet and went all 100 percent defensive slug. Some ****ty calls didnt help, and Seattle's emotion got some of our players off their game, but our extremely tentative PK was what let them get back in the game.

...and these horrid dump and changes are killing us. Who's idea was that and why arent we instead forechecking our asses off putting pressure on the defence?

I still think we were the better team tonight. the forwards, especially mitchell jung and ashton came out with great efforts. The defence bounced back with a better effort than the portland game, and I think Davidson had his best game all season. Looked like a real number one out there. Ketlo was solid, and we played like a team tonight. By the way, the coaching staff better not bench Stevenson and Pavkovich anymore. These kids play good enough to be regulars.

I gotta say I really like these western teams, its certainly a breath of fresh air compared to watching these softer teams in our division(except for the blades, I guess). They hit us all night, and we hit back. There were scrums after every whistle, players yelling at each other on the bench, open ice hits, dirty slashes behind the play...you could sense the hate :). Its too bad we only play them once.

patsdude114
11-13-2010, 01:06 AM
i totally agree with u SAJ these western teams r a treat to watch & our play has been good against them as well. Minus the Spokane game tho. hopefully we can carry this play into games against teams in our division & conference

dsquared
11-13-2010, 10:23 AM
SAJ wrote:

...and these horrid dump and changes are killing us. Who's idea was that and why arent we instead forechecking our asses off putting pressure on the defence?

Watch every team that comes in here - they send 1-2 people in deep to forecheck & slow the Pats up (or the good teams keep it in the Pats zone with 2 players!) while 3 go off and fresh players come on - mean while the Pats dump the puck in deep and make whole sale changes - and before they have got their bearing the other team has got through the neutral zone and entering the Pats zone again.....

Speaking of giving up multigoal leads don't forget Nov 6 in MJ up 3-0 and 5 unanswered MJ goals....
________
Vaporizer article (http://www.vaporizers.net/)

dsquared
12-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Pats were up 3- 0 on the Hities last night last night late in the second and they cr*p the bed with an O/T loss.

How come they can never come from behind and win a game that they are down 2 or more goals??
________
Latina Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/latin-girls/)

patsdude114
12-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Pats were up 3- 0 on the Hities last night last night late in the second and they cr*p the bed with an O/T loss.

How come they can never come from behind and win a game that they are down 2 or more goals??

HAHAHA they did there 1 come back already this year against Swift Current early in the year when they came from behind to beat SC 4-3.

But yes yet another loss where the Pats were up 3-0 late in the 2nd period, this season is becoming a broken record.

Please WHL gift wrap that 1st overall pick to the Lethbridge Hurricanes

dsquared
12-11-2010, 05:16 PM
http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=22312

Please WHL gift wrap that 1st overall pick to the Lethbridge Hurricanes

I believe that sentiment was already expressed back on October 9, 2010 (follow above link) by yours truly:paperbag:

we rented Ashton for a year and all it cost was a downgrade in our first round pick from first to ???
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)