PDA

View Full Version : Seating at the CUC tonite was a joke...

Trav
11-13-2010, 12:46 AM
I find it pretty insulting that they made some of us pay 18 bucks for a ticket and put us in the end on the second level when practically the whole second level behind the player benches is empty. I don't care if there was TV and whatever else set up over there. For 18 bucks people wanna have good seats. It's good the team won which made the game worthwhile.

BladesFan_2010
11-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Sorry, but don't complain. Either get season tickets or get your tickets earlier for the game and not at the last minute.

Trav
11-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Dude, I got the tickets after work on Friday and was told all they had available was at the ends on the second level which turned out to be BS in my opiinon. They could've just told me that the broadcast booth was up there and that the view might've been hindered by the booth.

Bet you would be upset if that happened to u as well.

Rye
11-14-2010, 01:51 AM
It's true, that seating should be available. The arena has enough boxes and areas for scouts, management, etc. When you think about it, it's pretty ridiculous that you HAVE to sit on one of the ends. Not exactly something you have to worry about a whole lot, with a few exceptions and playoffs.

WorkHorse
11-14-2010, 10:34 AM
So your assigned seat is at the end, once play starts its pretty easy to move to empty seats elsewhere. Been to a few games at CUC and didn't notice any seat gestapo stopping people from sitting in empty seats. Only arena we ever had that problem in was Calgary, and only in their club seating area.

twentyone
11-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Sorry but I agree with Blades Fan_2010. Quit complaining. Obviously you haven't been to many games in the last 6 years because they have never opened those 2 sections for the fans. For $18 thats still a bargain and there isn't a bad seat in the CUC. it isn't big enough. You would pay $18 in service charges to buy a ticket to a Flames or Oilers game and as far as I am concerned either one of those 2 teams friday Blades or Portland could probably beat the Oilers this year. That was one of the best games I have seen in awhile.

For all the people who complain about tickets at CUC and the price and everything I have a solution. SEASON TICKETS.

1. early bird prices - $430 for 31 games. $14/game. what else can you do for $14 dollars.

2. You get the same seats every game. good seats that is.

3. No waiting in line for tickets before gametime like everyone does in this city. You would swear nobody has the internet.This just in, you can buy tickets online, what a concept.

4. You get to buy your seats for the playoffs.

5. You get to pre buy concert tickets for 90% of concerts that come to town. Most years you can make money on a few concerts that almost pay for the tickets.

patsdude114
11-15-2010, 12:20 PM
the seating would be the last thing id be complaining about at the CUC its that damn parking that sucks the big 1 there with 1 entrance eerrrrr exit oh & also the Civic Center in MJ has better comfy seats then the CUC & thats pretty bad. (i could be wrong on this 1 as i havent been to the CUC now for about 4 yrs maybe they have got new seats put in since my last visit.

Dwight Schrute
11-15-2010, 01:19 PM
the seating would be the last thing id be complaining about at the CUC its that damn parking that sucks the big 1 there with 1 entrance eerrrrr exit oh & also the Civic Center in MJ has better comfy seats then the CUC & thats pretty bad. (i could be wrong on this 1 as i havent been to the CUC now for about 4 yrs maybe they have got new seats put in since my last visit.

there are 2 entrance and exits. one on thatcher and one on bill hunter ave

chalk_one_up
11-15-2010, 02:09 PM
1. early bird prices - $430 for 31 games.

The Blades have a 62-game schedule? :p

Trav
11-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Well twentyone, not everyone can afford season tickets. If they wanna make people sit at the ends, they should charge less for those seats. not the same price as the other seats.

lostsheep
11-15-2010, 06:36 PM
on a game like that one day in advance to buy tickets isnt enough time to ensure top notch seating
I have neumerous tickets that go empty on me as my wife and daughter can not make all the games, i can give out plenty for the raincheck nights for anyone interested
________
BUBBLER PIPE (http://bubblers.net/)