PDA

View Full Version : new coach?

west coast
11-13-2010, 11:59 PM
am curious,how many people think that a new coach would turn this ship around.I have seen this same regime spin their wheels and get no results even with superstar players.Perhaps,a new coach can bring in a new system,i am not sure where this season is heading besides being stuck in the bottom of the standings.

patsdude114
11-14-2010, 12:23 AM
I for 1 suggest a new coach is needed, Hunt has a terrible track record of developing players, he favours his veterns far too much. His vets can go out there make the same mistakes game in & game out shift after shift & have zero accountability. His young players can make a mistake & this r scratched the next game & get benched for the remainder of the game.

He always talks about accountability but yet he has zero accountability for himself. Always puts blames on the players instead of maybe maning up & saying "hey my defensive scheme just doesnt work anymore in todays game"

I swear Hunt must give his assistant coaches a "How to talk to the media guide" when they get hired. We hear the exact same things from coach Sutter as we heard from coach Perkins. Both coaches have a great young mind but are held back by there boss coach Hunt.

west coast
11-14-2010, 11:55 PM
i would like to see a coaching change as well.I agree with previous post.The goal of a junior hockey club is to put bums in the seats.The Pats have had several clever theme nights that have packed the rafters.A winning club would also increase attendance.I would like to see a coach come in and totally change every thing about this club.I would like to see a bigger ,more physical , and a better conditioned club.I would like to see a change in scouting staff inorder to draft a better product.This current regime favour of playing 2 line hockey is a losing battle.The select two lines just arent that good ,as well as i question conditioning.Frazee had a disappointing night in Medicine Hat going minus four.Is this the same superstar that they did a special feature on CBC on his bantam draft.The kid has all kinds of skill,would like to see him live up to his billing on a consistent basis.I would also like to see Hewitt get some starts as Ketlo,s save percentage has been taking a beating.This currrent coaching regime belief in trying to win 8-7 shootouts ,is just not going to happen.One more point to end my rant is how about the Pats adopt a Rider green colour at the very least as a third jersey .

animalx
11-15-2010, 11:15 AM
That's funny, watching the football game yesterday i thought the same thing. A 3rd Green Jersey would be great.
As far as Hunt is concerned i would keep the assistants and get in a new young coach with fresh ideas. This doesn't seem to be working. This two line system isn't the way to go when your trying to develop the younger players and to develop them. When your in last there is only one way to go ...right?

patsdude114
11-15-2010, 12:13 PM
i would like to see a coaching change as well.I agree with previous post.The goal of a junior hockey club is to put bums in the seats.The Pats have had several clever theme nights that have packed the rafters.A winning club would also increase attendance.I would like to see a coach come in and totally change every thing about this club.I would like to see a bigger ,more physical , and a better conditioned club.I would like to see a change in scouting staff inorder to draft a better product.This current regime favour of playing 2 line hockey is a losing battle.The select two lines just arent that good ,as well as i question conditioning.Frazee had a disappointing night in Medicine Hat going minus four.Is this the same superstar that they did a special feature on CBC on his bantam draft.The kid has all kinds of skill,would like to see him live up to his billing on a consistent basis.I would also like to see Hewitt get some starts as Ketlo,s save percentage has been taking a beating.This currrent coaching regime belief in trying to win 8-7 shootouts ,is just not going to happen.One more point to end my rant is how about the Pats adopt a Rider green colour at the very least as a third jersey .

As much as i agree with u that id like to see Hewitt play abit more then he has i must say tho Ketlo has been the only reason we have been in game the past 2 weeks (ok maybe all year) Like ive always said Hunt is terrible at developing young players. He is all about the vets & the rookies paying there dues before they even get a remote chance to shine. Hunt totally wreck Mulder who had lead the Manitoba scoring race in AAA the year before he came to the Pats.

Today i was reading my Hockey News & i saw a great book that maybe i should buy for Hunt & hand it to him during a warm up it was called "Play Better Hockey" by Ron Davidson (on the cover it reads.... 50 essential skills for player development skate, pass, shoot and deke like the pros) I think Hunt could get a good read for this book & hey it prob fits into his salary too its only 19.95!

Also westcoast all ur long posts r so hard to read u want to separate (new paragraph) U do use periods & commas which is more then most just its all bunched together which makes it tough to read.